God of War (2018)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Even on normal I have died a few times. Might try the classic layout. It’s hard to hit R1 while trying to have BOY shoot his arrows with square.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
THIS IS HARD! I have it on only the 2nd hardest difficulty. I'm taking a break and will bring it down a notch when I come back. I too was in the same spot after the 1st rune. Barely made it past the projectile dudes. 2 more hard mobs come "Oh I finally killed one, should be ea---' 5 more enemies come in, all of them able to 2 shot me.

It really is the Dark Souls of GoW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok classic mode control is MUCH better. Make sure to try it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i immediately went to classic controls and flipped confirm/dodge

Im on that spot now on the same difficilty RobXIII lol, its brutal

Hardest difficulty is like meme tier hard. Even the basic mobs regen health if you dont interupt their warcry, which also makes so you cant hitstun them

4 of those guys is retarded lol

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Even on normal I have died a few times. Might try the classic layout. It’s hard to hit R1 while trying to have BOY shoot his arrows with square.
Yes classic layout is much easier to play with especially when commanding BOY to shoot arrows.

Took a quick peek at Sodapoppins stream and I saw something that made me very happy with this game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Home with two days of free time. Hearing this is a 25 hour game? Thought I could beat it by the end of tomorrow. Maybe not. Stoked either way.

And yes, the PS4 is absolutely worth buying for the exclusives. Knowing how good Horizon: Zero Dawn is, I'd say it on that alone... Adding this along with it amongst the others, hands down.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Man swapping between 60 fps mode and supersampled and god damn that's a huge difference. It doesn't even play like the same game. 60 is almost comically fast though. Haven't read much about this game at all because I didn't want spoilers. Playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty just beat a Troll a while ago but damn wasn't easy. I didn't realize there is a classic control mode, now I'm torn if I should change because the Troll and subsequent encounters have honed my skill. Wonder if it's worth it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This game is so fucking epic. It really opens up a little later. Not that far in but a little bit in. And holy shit Kratos is definitely not winning father of the year lol!

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
And yes, the PS4 is absolutely worth buying for the exclusives. Knowing how good Horizon: Zero Dawn is, I'd say it on that alone... Adding this along with it amongst the others, hands down.
Is Horizon:Zero Dawn that good of a game? May have to check it out after this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yes, Horizon Zero Dawn is amazing.

And holy shit holy shit holy shit this game is great so far. Playing with the classic controls now, attacking is easier this way I think but the Axe throw isn't as spamable this way. Probably keep it classic though.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Is Horizon:Zero Dawn that good of a game? May have to check it out after this.

It's a really great game too. Some people think the story was slightly cliche, but as you dip more and more into it by exploring everywhere it gets pretty crazy, would make a great movie!j

Needless

Toe Sucker
Horizon was fantastic, between that, bloodborne and god of war the ps4 is well worth it now lol

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yes, horizon was incredible and changed my views on console games. That and gow look better than anything my PC can put out currently.

The fight with the stranger just blew my God damned mind!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The automatic combat target locking feels like fucking trash. There’s gotta be a way to smoothly disengage a current target when something is going to fucking murder you from behind.

Turned it off. Will try again tomorrow when I feel less enraged.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is really great, second boss was pretty awesome. Looks amazing on the oled. PS4 Pro was a fantastic purchase, Spider-Man still coming as well

• 1Like

sole

Molten Core Raider
At the Stranger fight right now. Holy shit. This game fucks.

It's like Dark Souls and God of War had a baby, and that baby grew up to kill its parents.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Okay, fuck this game. I do not like being forced to use the shitty lock on system to target the witches, which it requires to hit them.

I don't like dark souls shit, I regret my purchase already.

Last edited:
  • 3Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Those dark elves are pure fucking cancer. Gotta be an easier way to kill packs of them.

• 1Solidarity