God of War (2018)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You have to target them for the kid to shoot arrows at them otherwise it appears to be random. He keeps getting knocked out by the axe guys and I get raped by the witch.

Not sure why people think dying over and over again is fun, I sure don't like it

Get Gud punk. This is what you live for in pubg. So bring it home. Take the game seriously. :) oops.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well, I decided I'm too stubborn to turn the difficulty down, so I stuck with it. There were still a few fights that took me several repeated attempts after the one I mentioned earlier, but as soon as I got to the point in the game where you can buy more equipment and upgrade it, the game became much, much easier. You still have to play flawlessly with the odd few enemy types, but nothing one shots me and swarms of enemies are now an invitation for chain AOE cc and cleave.

So while I wouldn't RECOMMEND playing on God of War difficulty, it is definitely doable.

Yeah, I was on the 2nd hardest difficulty setting, but shit seemed to take toooo long to die. I was on the last few fights before I could start upgrading stuff, so I probably should've stuck with it. Oh well :*( /casual on

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
The only thing this game makes me want is a damn 4k tv and a Pro. Still damn gorgeous at 1080.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The only thing this game makes me want is a damn 4k tv and a Pro. Still damn gorgeous at 1080.
I'm still rocking a 60" Sony Bravia 1080p television and the game looks incredible. Probably the best looking game in my current library. I would love to see it in 4k.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well, I decided I'm too stubborn to turn the difficulty down, so I stuck with it. There were still a few fights that took me several repeated attempts after the one I mentioned earlier, but as soon as I got to the point in the game where you can buy more equipment and upgrade it, the game became much, much easier. You still have to play flawlessly with the odd few enemy types, but nothing one shots me and swarms of enemies are now an invitation for chain AOE cc and cleave.

So while I wouldn't RECOMMEND playing on God of War difficulty, it is definitely doable.

This soon as I could I went a Stun/Frost/Defense route, on God of War diffcultuy it has made it alot easier, the boss are still pretty rough though(sense Stun/Frost is worthless on them) but it's tons of fun.

spronk

FPS noob
I've finished chapter 1 in 4K (checkerboard) mode and didn't have any real FPS issues on a PS4 Pro, I think I'm gonna stick to resolution mode vs performance mode. Its still worth playing on a PS4 Pro though, since even on a 1080p in performance mode you will get close to 60 fps whereas resolution mode sticks to around 30 fps. Both are unlocked though so future console iterations could maybe bump the FPS even higher. It is drop dead gorgeous in 4K with HDR.

Does the regular PS4 version show the toggle between performance or resolution?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Guess I played a ton of dark souls because this game is pretty easy to get into. But I do dislike the camera.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've finished chapter 1 in 4K (checkerboard) mode and didn't have any real FPS issues on a PS4 Pro, I think I'm gonna stick to resolution mode vs performance mode. Its still worth playing on a PS4 Pro though, since even on a 1080p in performance mode you will get close to 60 fps whereas resolution mode sticks to around 30 fps. Both are unlocked though so future console iterations could maybe bump the FPS even higher. It is drop dead gorgeous in 4K with HDR.

Does the regular PS4 version show the toggle between performance or resolution?

For Pro/Normal options, settings you can change are just blacked out on the Normal version(can't make changes to them at all) the only option you get is HDR(if the TV has it)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
After my rage fueled rant last night I tried it again. Long story short, I just got back from buying a new controller.

The camera is aids, I think that's what's giving me so many problems. They might as well have pointed it at the back of his head.

spronk

FPS noob
I know some people hate it when games change voice actors (metal gear solid) but goddamn getting Teal'c to voice Kratos was a stroke of genius. Everything he says is exactly the way I imagine Teal'c would say it

iUNeHqg.jpg

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It’s been so long since god of war 3 that I don’t even register it as a different voice. The dialogue is perfect. I loooove the father son banter on the side quests.

Inconsequential/banter spoiler:
Kratos: No, we will not be helping him. I do not run errands for a dwarf.
Atreus: Ok, but if it’s on our way we might as well check.
Kratos: We?
A few rooms later...
Kratos:There was no ring on that one.
Atreus: I thought you didn’t care about helping the dwarf?
Kratos: I happened to notice while I was taking the valuables off the corpse.

And so much more lol.

I actually really like the single-take camera. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this technique used in a video game, at least not used this much. It seems like The Last of Us did a lot of single take stuff but it’s been a few years since i played that. [By the way, that is another EXCEPTIONAL PlayStation exclusive.]

I’ll grant you that the combat camera leaves much to be desired. The indicator for incoming attacks/projectiles seems to be their mea culpa for choosing cinematography over practicality.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For those who have not updated their game, you can get unlimited exp by doing the parry labor task over and over:

Verified that it works.

Final boss of Alfheim took me like 20 tries. Jesus fucking christ, rofl.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know some people hate it when games change voice actors (metal gear solid) but goddamn getting Teal'c to voice Kratos was a stroke of genius. Everything he says is exactly the way I imagine Teal'c would say it

iUNeHqg.jpg

And this is now the way I imagine him.

638A27FC-0B49-4C35-B016-D7B67A9E6571.jpeg

Ladro

Anomaly
Got to the grove with the witch, holy fuck is there was ever a showcase piece for why you need a PS4 Pro with a 4K HDR10 capable TV, that might be it.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Was getting butt raped playing on challenging difficulty but anything lower was just too easy. Glad I kept at it, now that I have unlocked a few upgrades and have gotten the swing of the mechanics I think this might just be the most fun combat system I have ever experienced. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but takes the best parts of Souls/Witcher/GoW and and perfects them. I'm just scratching the surface and it is just so satisfying. Game is fucking amazing, worth every penny so far.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not gonna get a PS4 so watching Lirik's play through, may have to abandon and pick sodapoppin or something cause dis idiot picks the hardest difficulty and is getting fucking assblasted. His whole chat is telling him to restart lol (and his chat were the ones that told him to do hardest lol).

(i'm like 4 hours into his playthrough from yday, pls no spoilers if he gets better)

Last edited:
  • 1Salty