God of War (2018)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They also didn't do a good job explaining that you can only have like one ability equipped per tree,
What are you talking about? You can't change what is active and what isn't, once you unlock an ability it's always available.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
JjXTr8i.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just dropping in to say this game is amazing and hard as fuck. I had to move back to "normal" from "I want a challenge". I was getting my ass kicked on the first handful of fights in the game. I can't even imagine how hard the "God of War" mode is. I'm really happy it's not easy.

EDIT: Also, sorry if this has been discussed(I've skipped a lot of the recent posts to avoid spoilers) , but does anyone else's PS4 Pro fans run at full jet-engine speed/volume when playing this game? I don't know if my Pro needs better ventilation, but the fans run at full the entire time I play GoW and not on other games(though it does get loud on occasion with other stuff).

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just dropping in to say this game is amazing and hard as fuck. I had to move back to "normal" from "I want a challenge". I was getting my ass kicked on the first handful of fights in the game. I can't even imagine how hard the "God of War" mode is. I'm really happy it's not easy.

EDIT: Also, sorry if this has been discussed(I've skipped a lot of the recent posts to avoid spoilers) , but does anyone else's PS4 Pro fans run at full jet-engine speed/volume when playing this game? I don't know if my Pro needs better ventilation, but the fans run at full the entire time I play GoW and not on other games(though it does get loud on occasion with other stuff).

Yep happens to mine as well.

Malkav

French Madman

Yup, mine goes up to eleven too. Hell, even if I let the game run in the background and keep the console on it doesn't seem to slow down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
The PS4 Pro jet engine thing is common in new games, it happens when a game forgets to cap the frame rates in menus and stuff so its doing like 100 fps at the main menu, when you open the inv/map/etc menus, etc. You can either wait for the inevitable patch (should be along soon) or maybe play with resolution/performance mode and see if one is quieter.

The 7000 versions (launch) of PS4 Pro are a bit louder as well than the 7100 (Battlefront 2, white, God of War) PS4 Pro's.

Ladro

Anomaly
Mine sounds like a jet also. I ended up elevating mine with 4 duplo lego blocks (one in each corner, it was what i had available to quickly test) to get it off the shelf. It seems to have helped a ton with the fans. Still loud but not full throttle loud. I read somewhere that a solid piece of marble would help as well to help dissipate heat more effectively on the bottom, might try that.

The import thing is to make sure the sides and rear are properly vented though. If it's in a closed cabinet it's just going to recirculate the hot air and get hotter as you play.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit the BOY's true identify blew me the fuck away. God (no pun intended) the story and lore in this game is fucking amazing. Top notch!!!

Added spoiler tags due to possibly spoilerish material - Amod

Last edited by a moderator:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So tell me something. I am playing on second from hardest difficulty and I enjoy it mostly. But why does every fucking mob take forever to kill? Does this ever improve because god damn do I get annoyed by it taking so long to kill a single draugr.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So tell me something. I am playing on second from hardest difficulty and I enjoy it mostly. But why does every fucking mob take forever to kill? Does this ever improve because god damn do I get annoyed by it taking so long to kill a single draugr.
It should get easier as you get more skills. Try doing some sidequests to get more enchantments / runic skills (can get some really nice ones that way). Be sure not to use your axe on the frost mobs.

I wonder if they intend to finish this series with Ragnarok? That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It should get easier as you get more skills. Try doing some sidequests to get more enchantments / runic skills (can get some really nice ones that way). Be sure not to use your axe on the frost mobs.

I wonder if they intend to finish this series with Ragnarok? That would be awesome.
That's what I'm thinking also. Hopefully we'll get it as a DLC. We still have Thor, Odin, maybe Freya and other Nordic gods he must battle. I'm hoping as time goes by Loki wil be older when facing more gods like in his late teens.

Here is a secret cut scene in the game showing a possible DCL encounter with a major god. There's no fighting in it.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I'm thinking also. Hopefully we'll get it as a DLC. We still have Thor, Odin, maybe Freya and other Nordic gods he must battle. I'm hoping as time goes by Loki wil be older when facing more gods like in his late teens.

Here is a secret cut scene in the game showing a possible DCL encounter with a major god. There's no fighting in it.
Yea
There is another scene after that which has Loki say it was a dream, which felt like it was from the future. So the end time Winter lasts 3 yrs before Ragnarok begins, so I imagine there will be some time skips.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Barlog already said there will be no DLC for this game(unless sony get's a wild hair up there ass and forces them to do it(which I doubt they will)), now though that the new version of the games are "finished" production for the next GoW should be much faster.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Incorrect, the abilities bound to L1+ Triangle and Square can have only one equipped at a time per slot.
Sounds like you are talking runic attacks and talisman abilities, not combat skill trees.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Okay fuck that pit fight with like 20 guys and two raining projectiles down on you on God of War difficulty.

• 1Like