God of War (2018)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not gonna get a PS4 so watching Lirik's play through, may have to abandon and pick sodapoppin or something cause dis idiot picks the hardest difficulty and is getting fucking assblasted. His whole chat is telling him to restart lol (and his chat were the ones that told him to do hardest lol).

(i'm like 4 hours into his playthrough from yday, pls no spoilers if he gets better)
I would watch:
Dans Gaming
Elajjaz (far ahead of Lirik)
Admiral Bahroo (far ahead of Lirik)

They are all better players at this, and genuinely enjoy the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Switching to classic controls helped a lot, so I'm down to only despising the camera. Otherwise this is fantastic and looks great even on my 10 year old 720p TV.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Turning off auto turning when you attack something to the side and the strafe assist thing, along with never using target lock unless there's only one enemy solved the problems I had with the camera for the most part. It's still far from perfect, but before it was unplayable.

(Classic controls and swap X/O too.)

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don't understand how this game looks as good as it does, wtf. I understand consoles get a lot of mileage out of modest hardware, and that Sony's first-party efforts are known for their technical wizardry, but this is insane in 4k/HDR

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Plot twist, I am pretty bad at video games. Got damn, GoW. I am getting used to the controls so we will see.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I'm not gonna get a PS4 so watching Lirik's play through, may have to abandon and pick sodapoppin or something cause dis idiot picks the hardest difficulty and is getting fucking assblasted. His whole chat is telling him to restart lol (and his chat were the ones that told him to do hardest lol).

(i'm like 4 hours into his playthrough from yday, pls no spoilers if he gets better)

As someone who went from SNES to PC master race and just got back in with the PS4.... this is a mistake. Dark Souls 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and this make it more than worth it.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who went from SNES to PC master race and just got back in with the PS4.... this is a mistake. Dark Souls 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and this make it more than worth it.

RDR may push me over and i'll grab this and horizon. Isn't MHW coming to PC? Biggest problem is I don't really game all that much anymore. I work while shitposting and play games via proxy by watching em on twitch.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
RDR may push me over and i'll grab this and horizon. Isn't MHW coming to PC? Biggest problem is I don't really game all that much anymore. I work while shitposting and play games via proxy by watching em on twitch.

Almost the same with me. 3 kids in 2 1/2 years doesn't leave much free time. I play at night after the kids and wife go to bed. Most of us gamers are night owls anyways. I actually find console gaming easier than PC gaming these days.

• 1Like

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i've decided i need to stop frustrating myself playing Overwatch and reading the general threads on this forum. I badly need a good game to play and feel a sense of progression and difficulty.

My options are

A. This game, sounds really good but i'm still kinda not sure what to expect,
B. Go try out something from my library, I never gave Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a real try... Persona V I just got through the first castle and have yet to really discover the 2nd... I probably have another 20 games on steam/ps4 libraray i barely touched or have yet to play + 40 bucks in cash on my steam account.
C. Try some MMORPG (Lol...)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So i've decided i need to stop frustrating myself playing Overwatch and reading the general threads on this forum. I badly need a good game to play and feel a sense of progression and difficulty.

My options are

B. Go try out something from my library, I never gave Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a real try... Persona V I just got through the first castle and have yet to really discover the 2nd... I probably have another 20 games on steam/ps4 libraray i barely touched or have yet to play + 40 bucks in cash on my steam account.

Buy this. Screw your backlog. It will always be there!

• 2Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Once you get some unlocks the ass ramming isn't so bad. Prior to getting to the upgrade area it's brutal though.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

My options are

Witcher 3 complete edition is like 20 bucks. I haven't started it yet but heard it is great and a solid 80+ hours.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Once you get some unlocks the ass ramming isn't so bad. Prior to getting to the upgrade area it's brutal though.
Have you messed around with the settings? I went from thinking it was pretty ridiculous to breezing through the second highest difficulty once I unfucked the camera and controls. Upgrades definitely help though, chipping down hp bars a couple pixels at a time was getting to be a slog with just base strength and no skills.

----------------------------
Anyone know if I should have been able to get down onto the frozen water just before catching up with the deer at the very beginning? I got railroaded into the troll fight and was never able to explore for a way down there (didn't find the fourth toy either). I assume we get to go back there later seeing as there's Hel roots or whatever they're called that Kratos can't destroy yet, and that's your standard metroidvania "come back later" trope.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why HDR is blacked out for me. TV supports it, receiver does, HDMI cable does. Need to dig in to this. And suck it up and buy a Pro.

Vorph

Not sure why HDR is blacked out for me. TV supports it, receiver does, HDMI cable does. Need to dig in to this. And suck it up and buy a Pro.
What about other games? And is it turned on in the main PS4 video output settings menu, as well as on the TV itself?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Which skills is everyone taking at the beginning? I have been leveling BOY's skills since it seems he's getting stronger with his bow. Need some advice on Kratos.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Witcher 3 complete edition is like 20 bucks. I haven't started it yet but heard it is great and a solid 80+ hours.

mmm i got it and played it like a year ago. Good game, although the combat is pretty damn easy.

Buy this. Screw your backlog. It will always be there!

I would... But

For me to buy something that is going to be half price in another few months and under 20 in a year... Well it had better be fucking godlike...

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Check your ps4 settings, make sure it is set to auto. Also, I found out my Samsung TV only supported HDR on the main port so check for that as well.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
mmm i got it and played it like a year ago. Good game, although the combat is pretty damn easy.

I would... But

For me to buy something that is going to be half price in another few months and under 20 in a year... Well it had better be fucking godlike...

Dude I am the same way with waiting for sales, but this game is so fucking worth it. Your Overwatch woes will melt away with each swing of the axe, I promise.

• 1Like