God of War (2018)

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
WHAT IN THE GOD FUCK IS THIS HELLRAZOR DRAGON.

edit: Jesus fuck these cinematics and battle scenes are incredible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’ll check those out tomorrow. Could have sworn it was active in another game. All the receiver ports are capable and it outputs to the primary input of the Sammy. Fuck, we’ll be drinking at Whole Foods tomorrow which is next door to the Best Buy. So that’ll end in a drunken stumble to pick up the Pro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude I am the same way with waiting for sales, but this game is so fucking worth it. Your Overwatch woes will melt away with each swing of the axe, I promise.

Ahh fuck it, i'm gonna grab it at gamestop tomorrow... IF only for the reason I can't stand another minute of one of these Overwatch stretches where my machine/connection gets unstable during comp games and rapes my elo, then my teammates seem to randomly catch retard disease.

Just hope it's not another Persona V that everyone says is the best game ever and in reality it's a fairly plain JRPG combined in an at times awkward social simulator.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have a huge backlog, with some presumably great games. No doubt go and pick this up. It's a blast.

Ladro

Anomaly
Which skills is everyone taking at the beginning? I have been leveling BOY's skills since it seems he's getting stronger with his bow. Need some advice on Kratos.
BOY's skills are a solid choice to keep maxed, they’re cheap and pretty helpful. I’m not sure either what to upgrade but the shield parry with attack follow up is strong.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have no idea how far into the game I am, but yooooo shit just got fucking LIT.

Axe ain't the only weapon.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
When you get a chance, take parry -> throw. You will throw back magic and it's often very high damage.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Finished main story, and man the whole final fight is a masterpiece, and Kratos Dad of the Year..

and on the EXP glitch .. you don't need it at all
I've killed 4 of the valkyries so far and have gotten bout 80k just from thoose 4, the exp flows like crazy near the end of the game

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Any tips on leveling? I'm level 3 and just beat
dragon
. Should I be higher level than this? ;\

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best lighting I’ve ever seen in a game, also probably the best looking game I’ve ever played as well. Just hit lvl 5, beginning is great, but it keeps getting better. Sony SM deserves a fuck ton of money for this masterwork. Level of detail is exceptional

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Any tips on leveling? I'm level 3 and just beat
dragon
. Should I be higher level than this? ;\
You are good, I would honestly pay close attention to talismans, axe pommels, and modifiers the best part of this new crafting system is you can customize Kratos to be your own style..

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Have you messed around with the settings? I went from thinking it was pretty ridiculous to breezing through the second highest difficulty once I unfucked the camera and controls. Upgrades definitely help though, chipping down hp bars a couple pixels at a time was getting to be a slog with just base strength and no skills.

----------------------------
Anyone know if I should have been able to get down onto the frozen water just before catching up with the deer at the very beginning? I got railroaded into the troll fight and was never able to explore for a way down there (didn't find the fourth toy either). I assume we get to go back there later seeing as there's Hel roots or whatever they're called that Kratos can't destroy yet, and that's your standard metroidvania "come back later" trope.

Yeah, I went to classic controls and it helped alot, just kept getting my ass kicked by that last group of mobs before you get upgrades. Once I got some of those parry moves and knock backs things became much easier.

They also didn't do a good job explaining that you can only have like one ability equipped per tree, I kept trying to do shit I thought I had unlocked and I'd die when it didn't work. Took a solid two hours before I realized I had to pick and choose abilities per slot.

Just got stuck on a part for about an hour because I didn't see this fucking crystal. Just derpin, you know how I be.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
mmm i got it and played it like a year ago. Good game, although the combat is pretty damn easy.

I would... But

For me to buy something that is going to be half price in another few months and under 20 in a year... Well it had better be fucking godlike...

So buy it. And ask to pay double. It’s that good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I’ll check those out tomorrow. Could have sworn it was active in another game. All the receiver ports are capable and it outputs to the primary input of the Sammy. Fuck, we’ll be drinking at Whole Foods tomorrow which is next door to the Best Buy. So that’ll end in a drunken stumble to pick up the Pro.

Had a friend buy a PS4 Pro and it didn't' work with his 4k TV. It was something to do with how the PS4 output the signal, he ended up having to go buy another TV.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finished main story, and man the whole final fight is a masterpiece, and Kratos Dad of the Year..

and on the EXP glitch .. you don't need it at all
I've killed 4 of the valkyries so far and have gotten bout 80k just from thoose 4, the exp flows like crazy near the end of the game

Does it let you go back to the world when you're done to finish up collectables and what not? Think I'm at the end but turned around to finish the hidden rooms and trials.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I can not give enough praise for this game.

I had just read Neil Gaiman's Norse Gods (which you all should read or listen to, its amazing) and it sets a great background to this game.
The action, the story the graphics. 10/10

I love this AXE mechanic. I was just thinking how cool it would be to have a similar mechanic to Mjolnir and this game does a great job at it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Does it let you go back to the world when you're done to finish up collectables and what not? Think I'm at the end but turned around to finish the hidden rooms and trials.

Whole game opens up after finishing the main story, you can travel every place you've been, no restrictions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Whole game opens up after finishing the main story, you can travel every place you've been, no restrictions.
Does fast travel open up before post-game? Because I've found a million portals but they're all greyed out except for Brok's.