God of War (2018)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't like review sites either, but if they're almost all 10/10s, it's probably pretty accurate lol

I had no desire to buy this but now i'm really curious about it

Didn't Destiny 2 get 10's and 9.5's with no mention of how little content there was?

I'm not trying to shit all over everyone's hype, hell even I want this to be amazing but I'm skeptical and salty as fuck after getting fucked over for years on end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but after playing the series since the original one I have yet to play a bad GoW game. This is Sony's flagship game, they can't fuck this up.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol yeah i guess it did, i didn't pay any attention to that after how boring the first one was. Either way, still skeptical but also piqued my interest that previously didn't exist

• 2Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
GiantBomb hasn't posted its review yet but they seemed to hint they were absolutely loving the game and I think a couple of them have been playing it for 2-3 weeks now, by comparison they gave Far Cry 5 a 3/5 so I'm pretty hopeful.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why the focus on GiantBomb? They're just as bad as all the other SJW-infested sites now. If you want a non-biased review wait for ACG's.

Not like it matters in this case anyway, reviews are almost unanimously 90+ and even an 80 is an outlier. Personally I still see no reason not to just get it from GameFly though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Weird, only way i see to get a physical copy is the collector edition

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I per-ordered a few months ago on amazon and have the physical coming my way but looks like they sold out for now.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I pre-ordered the normal physical copy like yesterday morning, with the Prime -20% off. It looks like it's listed as "unavailable" at the moment, possibly a rush on pre-orders due to review hype? Or some other thing going on. I'd just check again in a day or two.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching people play a game on Twitch is the way to go. Reviewers are a dinosaur now.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I do Twitch and here to get reviews and reviews/feedback on games.

Yeah, I trust this community far more than any reviewer. Watch Twitch to see if the gameplay is good, but for an in depth view of mechanics I go here.

For actual reviews though, I do like Easy Allies (the old GameTrailers team). At least I know they are gamers. The major outlets these days have reviewers that at times seem to review the concept of the game more than the actual game. Or worse, spend paragraphs on the politics of the game or the supposed political affiliation of the developers behind it.

Pre-ordered this game a while back though. As others have mentioned, it is a Sony flagship title. Extremely unlikely that it isn't good if you enjoy these types of games.

• 2Solidarity

Siliconemelons

yea, forums are usually good places - community forums not "Well on Gamestops support forum the mod said I should 100% get Pokemans 8x and I would get .50$ for my pokemans 7yz dark purple version as trade in!"

• 1Like