God of War (2018)

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m on the fence about the game. I’m excited about the Norse setting and the enemies, but I don’t want this game to be last of us. That’s my main caution

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m on the fence about the game. I’m excited about the Norse setting and the enemies, but I don’t want this game to be last of us. That’s my main caution
Same, but everything is pointing to the boy being a big part of the game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not getting a Last of Us vibe in the least. Other than there being a kid following you around, what is Last of Us about this?

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think people are saying last of us because combat seems WAY more slowed down that normal, the over the shoulder camera, and having a young tag-a-long with you.

beyond that, i don't really think it's much of TLOU. the story MAY be somewhat similar in that joel was ellie's father figure. an angry old man finding purpose in his ward.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
pretty crazy that sony bois have Ni No Kuni 2 in 2 days, God of War next month, Yakuza 6 at the same time, then Detroit Become Human after that. Meanwhile xbox gets Pirate Grog Simulator 2018

• 1Worf

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I bet the kid is gonna be more like Elizabeth then anything else, from some of the interviews it sounds like they have done a lot of play testing, and have made a bunch of changes with what the testers have said.

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m thinking Elizabeth too, I’m watching combat and he is apart of it. I miss that old school style of the game. How the game looks scream TLOU. Camera view, the kid, old man that lose his family and has a second chance but has to live with the sins of his past

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
they can hide some facts before release from general public, also fuck the ESRB bunch of fucking bitches is what they are.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they could put some titties in loot boxes, so that the ESRB would protect them.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never mentions the kid during that video, which could be a good thing. You can see the kid take part in the fight, but in a minimal way... combat appeared to allow the player to focus on the mobs and not think about the kid at all.