God of War (2018)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sony said no story spoilers, period, so anyone who wants to keep getting review copies from them isn't going to take any chances. Doubt you'll see any spoilery stuff until some third world retailer breaks street date or a few people get lucky and USPS gets their Amazon shipment to them on Thurs. I assume it will be blocked on Twitch until Friday too.

Not sure why you'd want that if you already know you're buying it though. I didn't even watch all of ACG's video, just the performance section and the final 'score'.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I never pre-ordered a game through Amazon but how reliable are they with shipping games on time? We have Amazon prime and I'm contemplating either getting a physical copy through Amazon or doing digital download via the PSN store. Im leaning more to PSN download because I get off from work around 3:30 am that Friday morning so it should be ready to play when I get home. But if I do Amazon I'll have to wait until that afternoon to get it if it comes in on time.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Sony said no story spoilers, period, so anyone who wants to keep getting review copies from them isn't going to take any chances. Doubt you'll see any spoilery stuff until some third world retailer breaks street date or a few people get lucky and USPS gets their Amazon shipment to them on Thurs. I assume it will be blocked on Twitch until Friday too.

Not sure why you'd want that if you already know you're buying it though. I didn't even watch all of ACG's video, just the performance section and the final 'score'.
Damn didnt know that came down from Sony.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I never pre-ordered a game through Amazon but how reliable are they with shipping games on time? We have Amazon prime and I'm contemplating either getting a physical copy through Amazon or doing digital download via the PSN store. Im leaning more to PSN download because I get off from work around 3:30 am that Friday morning so it should be ready to play when I get home. But if I do Amazon I'll have to wait until that afternoon to get it if it comes in on time.
I know a couple people that have been burned. That said they usually get some form of credit when calling amazon to find out why it was delayed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely people here have been burned on release day delivery, that said, I never have. *knock on wood*

Vorph

I know a couple people that have been burned. That said they usually get some form of credit when calling amazon to find out why it was delayed.
Sadly, Amazon no longer guarantees release day delivery for video games. I always get a free month of Prime when any other order arrives late, but they didn't offer me shit when HZD didn't get here until Wednesday.

That said, it's the only time that's ever happened with a game for me. And also I'd probably worry less about a Friday release compared to a Tuesday one. Tuesday delivery usually ships out super late on Sunday or even Monday morning, depending on where you live and there's a greater chance that USPS will fuck it up compared to sending something out on Wed. evening.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Sadly, Amazon no longer guarantees release day delivery for video games. I always get a free month of Prime when any other order arrives late, but they didn't offer me shit when HZD didn't get here until Wednesday.

That said, it's the only time that's ever happened with a game for me. And also I'd probably worry less about a Friday release compared to a Tuesday one. Tuesday delivery usually ships out super late on Sunday or even Monday morning, depending on where you live and there's a greater chance that USPS will fuck it up compared to sending something out on Wed. evening.
Probably all depends on who you get. Friend just got a $20 credit because Farcry 5 arrived a day late.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's who I exclusively get my games from and in the last 3+ years, I've only had one game arrive late, and it was the next day and I think they got reamed for it as I haven't had a game come in late since. But I'm also not a guy who has to be playing at 12:01 on release day either.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Having kids and 2 PS4s in the house digital is the only way to go for me since you can play on both devices. Don't mind too much since I hate messing with discs and I'm not one for doing trade ins etc..

• 2Like

Vorph

Probably all depends on who you get. Friend just got a $20 credit because Farcry 5 arrived a day late.
Yeah, there's definitely some variance there. I tried two different people while complaining about HZD and got nowhere, but just a few days ago I had a rep double the trade-in on my old Fire tablet while buying a new one, and the problem I was having them correct was my mistake even.

Having kids and 2 PS4s in the house digital is the only way to go for me since you can play on both devices. Don't mind too much since I hate messing with discs and I'm not one for doing trade ins etc..
Disc swapping is really starting to get on my nerves. Wish Sony would switch from giving away "free" games that are either shit or stuff I played years ago and just give a Prime/GCU style discount on pre-orders, I'd get a hell of a lot more use out of that. It's irritating that some pre-orders (like Yakuza 6 right now) get a discount but most do not.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
And that's what I'm afraid of. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from the PSN store so soon as I get off that morning from work I can home home and play it instantly.
Shit man I never knew this.... My son has been begging me to buy him a PS4 since he no longer plays his Switch and he sometimes watches me play MHW. May get him a PS4 for his b-day and put his switch in the mancave.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
And that's what I'm afraid of. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from the PSN store so soon as I get off that morning from work I can home home and play it instantly.
Shit man I never knew this.... My son has been begging me to buy him a PS4 since he no longer plays his Switch and he sometimes watches me play MHW. May get him a PS4 for his b-day and put his switch in the mancave.
Yeah man, setup the kids PS4 as the primary so it gets the licenses then the main account (you) can log into any ps4 and use the licenses there as well. There are a few exceptions (fuck you Ubisoft) but most games are fine, including MHW.

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm

Digital is all I buy now a days. I used to like collecting the disc boxes on new releases, but that kinda died out for me. Digitally is way more convenient..

• 2Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Digital is all I buy now a days. I used to like collecting the disc boxes on new releases, but that kinda died out for me. Digitally is way more convenient..
Yeah I agree and plus I hate trading games into GameStop and getting $30.00 for a newly released game so they can resell it for $5 to $10 cheaper than a new one.

• 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
My only issue is the %20 off is pretty damn enticing for games like this, but I've still got 40ish 360 games sitting on a shelf so... what do I know. It's silly though because it's not like I can't afford the full $60.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I agree and plus I hate trading games into GameStop and getting $30.00 for a newly released game so they can resell it for $5 to $10 cheaper than a new one.

Yeah, they should break even or sell it for a loss

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I love when my ps4 randomly decides to eject a disc, usually right after finishing something difficult but before a save
Digital all the way where possible!

unfortunately the amazon prime discount for new games had me buy this one on disc. can't wait for "work from home" Friday!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I probably buy 90% digital, but in the rare occasions where I buy something on release(like this), I have to take the 20% discount on Prime or Best Buy.

• 1Like