God of War: Ragnarok

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole

Seems to line up, and makes it seem like there's more side-stuff to do in Ragnarok. And yeah, playing on God of War mode makes most shit take substantially longer, simply because no matter how badass you are, everything has more health and just takes longer to murder.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh, well nevermind then. I was under the impression they were doing 3 games. Wonder where they'll go after this. Can't imagine they'd go for the Roman gods, they're a little too similar to Greek. I guess Egyptian would be a good direction.
New World Aztec gods.

ece373cd9af21049ebf9a3cff6cc7f28.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The first one seemed to last longer than 40 hours; was it really that short?

Think it was about 20 hours just the main game.

What's weird is why did they have us kill a bunch of different colored giants/trolls as bosses in the first game if there's only going to be 2?

The bosses were my biggest issue with it. After going from slaughtering the fuck out of every known greek god/titan in GoW 3 to only 1 god in GoW 4, it was a bit of a let down but at least made sense if they had to stretch it out for 3 games.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The first one seemed to last longer than 40 hours; was it really that short?
lol yes, it also lasted longer than that for me, because I played on the hardest difficulty and fucking sucked at it.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The valkyrie fights were rage inducing at max difficulty, for sure. I think I spent almost two full days beating the last two. The gear farm in the poison zone, whatever the fuck that one was called, was super fucking annoying too. Valk queen was the only fight I felt was unfair because she had all the fucking moves and sometimes the RNG would just feed you a bunch of the super rapey ones in a row. Everything else was execution, sort of like Souls almost.

I really hope they can pull this off and not have any woke shit or gimmick shit shoved into it. The last one really surprised me with how good it was and how fun it was. Judge was the perfect voice and mocap actor for the role and the rest of the cast was damn near perfection as well. It is hard to recreate that kind of hype twice in a row.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The gear farm in the poison zone, whatever the fuck that one was called, was super fucking annoying too.

Am I the only one who loved the poison zone? It brought out my inner ARPG grind mentality. Also random so semi-roguelike. I was secretly hoping they made more optional zones like that in the next one.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The valkyrie fights were rage inducing at max difficulty, for sure. I think I spent almost two full days beating the last two. The gear farm in the poison zone, whatever the fuck that one was called, was super fucking annoying too. Valk queen was the only fight I felt was unfair because she had all the fucking moves and sometimes the RNG would just feed you a bunch of the super rapey ones in a row. Everything else was execution, sort of like Souls almost.

I really hope they can pull this off and not have any woke shit or gimmick shit shoved into it. The last one really surprised me with how good it was and how fun it was. Judge was the perfect voice and mocap actor for the role and the rest of the cast was damn near perfection as well. It is hard to recreate that kind of hype twice in a row.
Loki will be a tranny. There will be woke stuff, thinking otherwise is peak hopium. Games have to reflect the modern times, ya know?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

i cancelled my jotnar edition preorder, i don't need stupid plastic shit around my house. if reviewers i trust are positive about the game the day before release, i'll just buy the digital deluxe fuck you pay me edition, this is the kind of game i'm happy to pay MSRP for

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob

reviews drop tomorrow i think, game is out in a bit more than a week. i'd expect reviews to be fairly positive, early impressions are pretty positive although they say its more of God of War instead of something crazy new - which is fine with me

PS Stars has a new bonus campaign for buying it, probably just buy the digital deluxe edition if reviews are good, plenty of time to preload. gonna speed run the first one in easy mode this week i think too

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

reviews drop tomorrow i think, game is out in a bit more than a week. i'd expect reviews to be fairly positive, early impressions are pretty positive although they say its more of God of War instead of something crazy new - which is fine with me

PS Stars has a new bonus campaign for buying it, probably just buy the digital deluxe edition if reviews are good, plenty of time to preload. gonna speed run the first one in easy mode this week i think too

I am totally fine if its just more of God of War. Really looking forward to this as I loved the last one.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

high scores but not really a surprise, all these guys also gave TLOU 99% ratings too so just waiting to see it on stream this week

i am curious who will be the asshole who gives it a low score to get attention lol

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob

i'm fine with paying $80 (digital deluxe) for 60 hours of good game, i'll definitely go for the plat just like the first one

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
More bosses and better performance? All in looking forward to next week

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I just blew all the dust off my OG PS4 and updated it for this. Probably the last game I'll play on it (although I said that as well for Horizon 2). Playing 1st again NG+ on my PC.
Cannot see jumping through all the hoops needed to get a PS5 when it will eventually come out on PC and I'll have forgotten the story by then for my replay.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
More bosses and better performance? All in looking forward to next week

The only bad thing I've heard is the writers apparently didn't do a good job of keeping the dialogue lined up with the setting. They use a lot of modern 2022 parlance. It'll annoy me to hear Atreus say "kill that fucker!" but overall I'm sure it's going to be fantastic.