God of War: Ragnarok

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading that will just show you Gaimons take on Norse mythology, while also showing you how divergent GoW:R is from that mythology. I am looking forward to seeing how Thor and Odin are portrayed, should be fun.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just downloaded myself. Fired up :)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Was helping my mom carry firewood. Fell down some stairs, sprained my ankle and hit my hand. Had an MR today and confirmed that a bone was broken in my hand. When they recast it, I said that it was important for work that they cast it so I could use my fingers and thumb, so they made some adjustments to it. Work wouldn't really have been an issue, but using a controller would be. Not anymore! Gamer ready cast (TM). Ragnarok pre-downloaded and ready to go.

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just checked and it's downloading a second 9gbish file now. PS4 has 0day patches now?
You Got It Yes GIF by NickRewind

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All these streamers playing on hardest difficulty are fucking lame. Dying over and over and over. Its stupid, and I guess their ego's are gigantic.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
All these streamers playing on hardest difficulty are fucking lame. Dying over and over and over. Its stupid, and I guess their ego's are gigantic.

While that is accurate, their chat also fills up with "why are you not playing on the hardest difficulty!" if they don't. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of deal, but most just set it to hard.

That said, it's fascinating to watch good streamers do it. Like Elajjaz did God of War 1 these past days and he oneshot most Valkyries, including the Queen. He is extremely good at Souls games and the likes though. So for people like that, anything else isn't really a challenge.

Personally I usually go for one step below the hardest. I did try the hardest in GoW1, but it felt very sponge like. They apparently fixed that in this though? So they still hit hard, but die faster.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
11pm central :) I’ll definitely be up to play for at least an hour or two :)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pirates really dropping the ball on this one. Can't believe I'm actually about to pay for Ragnarok on PS4.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I bought a 65" TV with good HDR / gaming specs for the first GOW 4 years ago, I just happened to have upgraded again this weekend just in time for this release again lol. This'll be my first game on it!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ended up canceling my Amazon order - ETA was moved back to Saturday so I opted out and got digital instead. Yeah it's only a few days but there's zero chance everything isn't spoiled for me if I waited for the physical copy. Co-workers are absolutely shitheads about that kind of stuff.

spronk

FPS noob
game looks insane on PS5 and has options out the fucking ass, you can set it to prioritize FPS but there is a second option even to "make sure to really, really prioritize FPS"

on an OLED this is nuts, it looks like something out of good Pixar

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wish I didn’t have to go to bed but have tomorrow afternoon and night and Friday - Sunday. Just fucking wow.

Take your time with this one. Aside from this and Elden ring DLC we won’t see Jack shit for a long long time like this. Epic so far!

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Been playing the 1st one on my PC , going from that to my OC PS4 is startling to say the least. It still looks 'good' but just 'good'. Enjoying it so far. Seems like they got rid of the 180 quick turn , or did It get remapped?

EDIT found it, they remapped it to l1 + gamepad back

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Support good devs

I did. I bought it. It's okay on PS4. What I don't enjoy supporting is platform exclusives that get spoiled everywhere after the first week. I just wish I could have bought it on PC now, rather than in 2 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I have my copy in the mail on the way. I really hope this comes out on PC as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user