God of War: Ragnarok

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm switching to digital more and more too, but when the choice is between paying the retarded $70 Sony price hike or getting it from GameFly for $35, physical is a no-brainer even if it means not getting the game until tomorrow.

I have my copy in the mail on the way. I really hope this comes out on PC as well.
It will.... in 2024.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wish I didn’t have to go to bed but have tomorrow afternoon and night and Friday - Sunday. Just fucking wow.

Take your time with this one. Aside from this and Elden ring DLC we won’t see Jack shit for a long long time like this. Epic so far!
Hell yes, I love how they twist the lore.
Like I know Bjorn was a dude but WTF!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm switching to digital more and more too, but when the choice is between paying the retarded $70 Sony price hike or getting it from GameFly for $35, physical is a no-brainer even if it means not getting the game until tomorrow.

It will.... in 2024.

It's supremely frustrating that digital has such a large convenience advantage, because physical is superior in every way (edit- I guess not every way, but you don't truly own anything digitally, that's what I meant). Sometime in the not-so-distant-future everyone who "owns" digital shit is going to be really wishing they had chosen physical. Multiple points of failure. Relying upon some company that may go out of business or have other issues, to give you YOUR stuff that you supposedly OWN, across the magical interwebs that can disappear overnight if enough shit goes badly is just maximum faggotry.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
By the time shit is of questionable provenance newer systems emulate old stuff perfectly and everyone has pirated libraries of it. imo its a silly argument, I own thousands and thousands of ROMs of snes, n64, amiga, GameCube, etc ROMs and they all run flawlessly on my little steam deck and the ROMs are on my NAS array which is backed up by cloud storage. I'm never going to "lose" any of it.

In contrast idiots sitting around with N64 carts trying to run that shit on their precious 20 year old hardware WILL suffer all kinds of hardware failures, disc rot, etc that makes their physical media worthless.

In 20 years you will be able to play God of War 2 in emulation mode on your Amazon Sex Bot while you are on your personal space cruiser flying towards Europa. Or in your Amazon VR headset while you are an indentured slave working on Jeff Bezos' worm food farm. Either way, God of War 2 will run at 4k 120 fps with just a pirated digital copy.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Started it up last night on GMGOW and it does seem to be easier than that difficulty from God of War 2018. Maybe the encounter difficulty ramps up more linearly this time around, but I want to say I spent a long time getting wrecked at the beginning of the first game. First couple bosses weren't bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah same here, though I was rusty as hell on second boss. Game runs great looks pretty good and story taking some interesting turns so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell yes, I love how they twist the lore.
Like I know Bjorn was a dude but WTF!
Norse mythology is THEIR story now.

Game seems really good and gets better the further you get into it, imo. The diversity / inclusion changes are pretty lame though, but we all knew it -had- to be in the game. Still sucks.

• 1Rustled

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Odin is a whiney jew lawyer now it seems like.

• 3Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
auto looting is so fucking awesome

they really went nuts on the options, so much you can tweak but not FOV weirdly. I do appreciate turning off all the screen shake shit

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
God of dammmmmmm mother fucking war is right. Love it when games give you holy shit moments! So rare these days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Kind of sad this wont be on the PC for probably another year +.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My collector’s edition should arrive today! I want to play this so bad !

• 1Like

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm so fucking old now... I'm struggling on balanced difficulty. But the games looks awesome, only played for 2 hours so barely out of tutorial.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the
Angrboda part
was a complete fucking slog/drain and lasted at least an hour too long.

Games good about 12 hours deep now, but kind of suffers HFW/HZD syndrome in that it kinds feels like a huge dlc vs sequel. Not bad necessarily just an observation.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't care if it's called a sequel or a content pack, we all just wanted more God of War.

• 4Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been playing almost nothing but Gamepass games that last 6 months. Paying 70 bucks for this game really hurt. I'm a cheap fuck now.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm so fucking old now... I'm struggling on balanced difficulty. But the games looks awesome, only played for 2 hours so barely out of tutorial.
I played the first game on the hardest difficulty and it completely broke me as a human being. I've never finished the game.