Gods Don't Give Gifts

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
3,886
9,105
Apparently this is being released in theaters (not sure how widely) on December 4th; my understanding is it's completely AI rendered, scored by real composers with real voice actors.
I understand the notion and all; but is this really that great of a difference between Final Fantasy: Spirits Within? That was also completely rendered by computers; just not with the same fidelity and speed.

I'm getting the impression that the whole AI soul-killer + extinction level event is the latest iteration of mass hysteria; and while I obviously could be wrong, I'm just going to remain watchful and prayerful in the meantime.

 
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,332
45,194
Apparently this is being released in theaters (not sure how widely) on December 4th; my understanding is it's completely AI rendered, scored by real composers with real voice actors.
I understand the notion and all; but is this really that great of a difference between Final Fantasy: Spirits Within? That was also completely rendered by computers; just not with the same fidelity and speed.

I'm getting the impression that the whole AI soul-killer + extinction level event is the latest iteration of mass hysteria; and while I obviously could be wrong, I'm just going to remain watchful and prayerful in the meantime.


Looks pretty interesting. Going on the list, thanks.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
25,117
31,833
youtube version of trailer




i won't pay money to see this in theater but i'll probably check it out on home, pirated, like god intended for all AI creations to be

the creator is an ex-meta employee who got big making short AI goblin videos on instagram lol
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,308
10,997
youtube version of trailer




i won't pay money to see this in theater but i'll probably check it out on home, pirated, like god intended for all AI creations to be

the creator is an ex-meta employee who got big making short AI goblin videos on instagram lol

yeah same.
 

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
11,279
61,633
I'm really tempted to watch this in the theater.

AI is capable of producing imagery that is straight out of a fever dream and it's breaching the uncanny valley.

The dorky "movie purest" need to slow their roll here. All movies are fake and gay so why does it matter how it's created.
 
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,308
10,997
I'm really tempted to watch this in the theater.

AI is capable of producing imagery that is straight out of a fever dream and it's breaching the uncanny valley.

The dorky "movie purest" need to slow their roll here. All movies are fake and gay so why does it matter how it's created.
How about instead, use AI and make a TV series of the Main 10 Malazan books, I'll pay really good money to see that!
 

Vuuxo

Scaphism
<Gold Donor>
3,630
11,547
I'll watch it purely for the fact it's completely AI and I'm interested to see how well the finished product is. If AI is going to be the apocalypse for anything it's Hollywood.