Godzilla (2014)

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could even make a case that glass is laminated glass if it was in some hurricane vulnerable area. Then again, I've never been in a storefront and suddenly had tsunami-like flooding of water.

Column_sl

shitlord
You bros need to learn about tempered safty glass then combine that with the power of surface area.

Are you serious? rewatch the clip those were large pains of glass (safety or not) that were being hammered by a tidal wave of cars, and debris....

One person even said the door swung open as they entered yet magically sealed shut as they entered the building.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you serious? rewatch the clip those were large pains of glass (saftey or not) that were being hammered by a tidal wave of cars, and debris....

One person even said the door swung open as they entered yet magically sealed shut as they entered the building.
Who gives a fuck, it isn't reality, there is a giant 300 foot tall monster coming out of the ocean and you are fucking worried about glass windows not breaking from water not being realistic.

I hope you go to movies alone, couldn't imagine having to sit next to your dumb ass and listen to you comment on that movie the entire time.

Column_sl

shitlord
Who gives a fuck, it isn't reality, there is a giant 300 foot tall monster coming out of the ocean and you are fucking worried about glass windows not breaking from water not being realistic.
That is far from the point.

Is it nitpicking? of course, but it would be the same as someone mentioning that an action star never reloads ever during a movie, and someone responding back "Well it's an Arnold movie so who cares"

The illusion of the fantastic is made more credible by the grounded details

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Bleh video was taken down. Wanted to watch it again but glad I got a chance to see it at least. No one else seems to have a copy nor have I found a place I could download it from. Still looks like an amazing movie though.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Serious?????

We are concerned with the idea that the glass did not break on immediate impact but not concerned that a creature of that size and magnitude could possibly exist? Maybe in their world the glass is actually much stronger than in our world, where the laws of physics dictate that a creature that large could not move or sustain itself. Now I suppose the writers could have added another 15 minutes discussing how their world had an extra element that allowed for the creation of this glass, but I think they realize that people would rather just see a giant lizard killing a lot of shit.

Some of you need to move to Colorado and enjoy the new marijuana laws.

Caliane

Is this the leaked footage?

(revolving doors totally can sustain tidal waves)

Other fun facts. The statue of liberty is in the middle of New York harbor.
for the tidal wave to hit it. Brooklyn and Staten Island would have already been under water. Never mind Long Island.
To make it even sillier, they way the camera pans to show Manhattan. The tidal wave CAME from inland/Jersey/Staten Island.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand what a creature of Godzilla's size would eat without seriously decimating the world's fauna, even if he was on a seafood diet. We know from the old movies that he survives in the end and man doesn't just kill him, so after he leaves the city he has to go somewhere and survive....but what on earth does he eat.

Not sure I can take this film seriously now.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

(revolving doors totally can sustain tidal waves)

Other fun facts. The statue of liberty is in the middle of New York harbor.
for the tidal wave to hit it. Brooklyn and Staten Island would have already been under water. Never mind Long Island.
To make it even sillier, they way the camera pans to show Manhattan. The tidal wave CAME from inland/Jersey/Staten Island.
Middle America doesn't know that much about NYC geography to notice or care. I'm from the east coast and have been to Manhattan plenty in my life and I don't know enough to realize all that either. The Statue relative to Brooklyn/Staten Island makes sense but only after you point it out to me.

Thanks for the clip though, I never knew Ed Reed had a part in that movie.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, not sure who's serious about what here, but the leaked stuff was nowhere near like that clip. It was more knee high storm surge but really fast moving. Sort of like an actual tsunami, which is no joke but not some monstrosity like that Day After Tomorrow shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't understand what a creature of Godzilla's size would eat without seriously decimating the world's fauna, even if he was on a seafood diet. We know from the old movies that he survives in the end and man doesn't just kill him, so after he leaves the city he has to go somewhere and survive....but what on earth does he eat.

wasnt it revealed in godzilla vs destoroyah that godzilla is essentially a large nuclear powerplant? wouldnt that mean he just exists as is and doesnt require any food?

Column_sl

shitlord
Also, not sure who's serious about what here, but the leaked stuff was nowhere near like that clip. It was more knee high storm surge but really fast moving. Sort of like an actual tsunami, which is no joke but not some monstrosity like that Day After Tomorrow shit.
It started off Knee High, but when it reached the building they ducked into it was over a story high. You could see tons of cars in it rushing past the window, I wish that footage was still available, i'd screenshot it.

So it was much like the Tsunami clip I linked. Starts off small then builds up fairly quickly.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It started off Knee High, but when it reached the building they ducked into it was over a story high. You could see tons of cars in it rushing past the window, I wish that footage was still available, i'd screenshot it.

So it was much like the Tsunami clip I linked. Starts off small then builds up fairly quickly.
Yeah, I watched it once that night it was linked here and didn't again, obviously not realizing it would be the last we'd see of it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wasnt it revealed in godzilla vs destoroyah that godzilla is essentially a large nuclear powerplant? wouldnt that mean he just exists as is and doesnt require any food?
I don't know, but that's pretty stupid too, he's a biological entity. Which is exactly the point, these movies are absurd in the first fucking place. I'm fully expecting there to be plenty of retardo shit like the tsunami to move the human element plot points along. I was just skeptical that the monster fighting would be good enough to overshadow the corny plot, but this latest leak had me cautiously optimistic.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There's only one Godzilla. He eats krill, obviously. The ocean supports bunches of bigass whales that live on the stuff, it can handle Godzilla. Especially since he obviously ranges all over the world so he's not decimating the population of a particular area too often.