Godzilla (2014)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, the one good thing about that horrible godzilla movie is that we know Leon DID escape that tenement building explosion .
tongue.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anonymous review from early screenings that have been happening:: First Audience Reactions Promise a Slow Reveal

This film was f**king monumentally awesome! I wanted to write a bad review just to piss off Aspie but I can't. First things first the serious tone of this movie works incredibly well. It's not so serious that you can't have fun, the fun is all with GODZILLA. They nailed his character. He's intelligent, badass and above all scary. He's terrifying and yet you're on his side to kick the MUTOs arse. He's massive, and his ridiculous size is totally believable: every step, every roar, every movement carries so much weight. His roar is sooo loud, I was watching this in a screen with a Dolby sound system and it shook the room, literally. if this doesn't win an Oscar for sound design I'll be surprised! It was like the first time you heard Jurassic Park.
I could cream more over how amazingly well they nailed the G but I think that sums it up. They nailed Godzilla. Oh and his atomic breath...I needed new under wear.

The MUTOs were fantastic. I don't want to give too much away but they surprised me by being so sympathetic. At one point during the films climax I felt like I wanted them to kick Godzilla's ass and take over the world but I won't go into it. You'll have to see it for yourselves.

All the human characters were great, Aaron Taylor Johnson's character Brody was my favourite and Bryan Cranston steals the opening 30 minutes. But his character does pass the batten onto Brody who goes through a lot of shit but it's all executed perfectly. Not one character was boring or a drag to the films pace, which was fine, it didn't feel too long or too short, just right.

There were a couple of things I didn't like just to balance this review a little 1) No Godzilla theme but the music was so awesome anyway I didn't miss it too much. Just once would have been nice. 2) A lengthy daytime battle. 3) More Godzilla!

However don't get worried by those last two points there's a lot of other stuff and plenty of fantastic stuff going down with what we have that as a Godzilla fan I was satisfied greatly!

This felt a lot like a Godzilla film from the Heisei era with all the weight of the original. It's ridiculously well made and I can't wait to see it again, and again, and again. I'm so glad I didn't watch the trailers because I was in awe from start to finish.

Film of the year I guarantee it. GODZILLA is f**king amazing.

I have a friend that worked on the 3D for the movie and he said he's seen a few of the full action shots and they're really fun. He also confirmed for me that there are two MUTO's, one male and one female. Apparently Godzilla gets pretty torn up.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The lack of reviews is discouraging. Studios will usually place an embargo on reviews if the movie sucks and that appears to be the case.

Juvarisx

Florida
The lack of reviews is discouraging. Studios will usually place an embargo on reviews if the movie sucks and that appears to be the case.
This movie was not released in Europe early like a lot of movies are these days so there are a "lack of reviews" Expect them to start on Monday when the screenings start. I mean jeez they are projecting 500-600M intake Globally.

So the trailer before Amazing Spider-man 2 said he wasn't created by the nuclear testing, that he was awoken and they were trying to kill it?

Godzilla = Great Old One?

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
So the trailer before Amazing Spider-man 2 said he wasn't created by the nuclear testing, that he was awoken and they were trying to kill it?

Godzilla = Great Old One?

Godzilla's exact origins vary, but it is generally depicted as an enormous, violent, prehistoric sea monster awakened and empowered by nuclear radiation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought in one of the movies in the previous era of godzilla films they mentioned that godzilla was a regular dinosaur/lizard mutated by the allied nuclear bombings during ww2?

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Who would win in a fight a mutated krill the size of Godzilla, or Goku?