Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Rime

<Donor>
Last I heard, the next movie is already steaming through production, but this is not doing anywhere near what they thought it would. Estimates put it around $275m-300m when advertising is factored in and it is just breaking $200m box office this weekend.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt call it amazing, but I wouldnt agree with Japan's take on it being "Mediocre." I enjoyed watching it, and I could stand to watch it again for the people that didnt come with us last night.

Yes, there was a slight bit of tongue in cheek comedy. Usually dropped into some serious dialogue. So its like your asshole friend that always says funny, inappropriate shit at the worst time.

The story is ok.. and yea, it does have some plot holes. Seems like the monsters have been roaming a while already, slowly waking up. Whatever the talk about San Fran disaster was... they just seemed too uninformed for what basically amounts to the death of millions of people.

(Im not a HC fan of GZ series, but based on the movie alone...)
More could have been done on the vortex highway. More could have been done on the ancient lore. The ruins could have been expanded on more. More could have been done with the conversation about using Titan DNA in a company/war machine. Instead of playing radar tag, we could have had some debilitating weapon against Hydra or something? We did have the thing trapped all that time... you didnt learn a f'n thing through all that? what. the. fuck. We could have had less time flying around in the avengers carrier with 50 jets in tow (I would wager a good 10 minutes of the movie is just clips of boats and planes going in a random direction.) IF they already knew that Nukes helped GZ, then why the hell are they just not nuking the shit out of him each fight? Send that MF to super saiyan from the beginning and get this shit over with.

Instead, we have some random highway men kidnapping mother and daughter. Which, my brain was totally going down another path of why they kept the daughter alive. An insurance policy for them to force the awakenings?? But then she goes all rogue and wants to destroy the world and make it anew? The "good guys" are military/paramilitary, know theyre going to a radioactive destination of "Some sort" and dont come prepared? Guy is in an area so radioactive, and so hot (Lava is spewing next to him of all things) that he just doesnt f'n die almost instantly? A combat submarine that is designed for battle, but the "Weapons are broke and cant be fixed, oh noz!!?? Then, we have the girl escaping a highly fortified bumper, stealing an invaluable prototype (like has been said). The mother and father randomly finding each other in f'n BOSTON of all places. The likelihood of that with no communication is laughable at best. Then the mother tries to run off in a different direction for what.. a few more seconds? It bought time for them, but just seemed like a pointless suicide for the most part. I mean, of all the random shit.. they all of a sudden had a house in Boston that was conveniently located near the f'n Titan fight? I mean.. ... c'mon.....

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It makes me think that maybe because of Ghidorah doing the "call", it woke up more of those monsters on Kong's island, and because Godzilla is considered the apex predator he shows up to go deal with it and ends up in territorial conflict with Kong. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some SERIOUS deep dweller that's even more wicked then the previous ones that they both fight together as the final boss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Calling it now

King Ghidorahs severed head will be used to make an imperfect clone. It will easily be defeated early on. Kong and Godzilla fight. Meanwhile the defeated clone degenerates and mutates from exposure to some kind of toxic debris and becomes this universe’s incarnation of Hedorah, the smog monster. I’m the original, Hedorah was another monster Godzilla could not defeat on his own, requiring outside help

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Calling it now

King Ghidorahs severed head will be used to make an imperfect clone. It will easily be defeated early on. Kong and Godzilla fight. Meanwhile the defeated clone degenerates and mutates from exposure to some kind of toxic debris and becomes this universe’s incarnation of Hedorah, the smog monster. I’m the original, Hedorah was another monster Godzilla could not defeat on his own, requiring outside help

Since the went the space angle immediately with Ghidorah (which was great ala Monster 0), what is the chance the bring in Gigan for the next round?

I still don’t get how they are going to make Kong compete with the Toho monsters. Most of them could curb-stop Kong with little trouble in the old 70’s-80’s universe. I’d even pick King Ceaser over Kong

Hosix

All labs matter!
Kong gonna do some lighting fist.

Plus he is prolly quicker/more agile. He is gonna drop some rock bottoms on some monsters. Or pick up ships and bash skulls in.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Kong's gonna be hairless very early in the movie when all that hair gets burnt off of him. Particularly now that Godzilla can just radiate heat/radiation as well as breathe it. Hell, Rodan lives in a fucking volcano and is constantly on fire, how you gonna deal with that? Giant oven mitts??

Kong also needs to get a lot more durable, because he bled a lot in Skull Island. None of the monsters in KotM took the same level of damage that Kong did, except when someone like Godzilla was ripping heads off. If Godzilla got a bite on Kong's arm, let's say...he'd rip it right off. Even if they are equal in size.

Seriously though, how does anything live in fucking lava??

Hosix

All labs matter!
04003A34-3B1C-460A-829F-48E1A696CB88.jpeg

This guy lives in lava.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kong's gonna be hairless very early in the movie when all that hair gets burnt off of him. Particularly now that Godzilla can just radiate heat/radiation as well as breathe it. Hell, Rodan lives in a fucking volcano and is constantly on fire, how you gonna deal with that? Giant oven mitts??

Kong also needs to get a lot more durable, because he bled a lot in Skull Island. None of the monsters in KotM took the same level of damage that Kong did, except when someone like Godzilla was ripping heads off. If Godzilla got a bite on Kong's arm, let's say...he'd rip it right off. Even if they are equal in size.

Seriously though, how does anything live in fucking lava??

The same way Xenomorphs have concentrated acid for blood.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Never watched this. Should I get the 4k version that is out today? spronk spronk

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
plot was forgettable, if you LIKE the old godzilla movies from the 60's and 70's then ya get it. i liked it a lot.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I just watched it and enjoyed it.
I cannot wait for Mecha-Ghidora

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Never watched this. Should I get the 4k version that is out today? spronk spronk

for sure, its a fun watch along the lines of any transformers movie or pacific rim. Any time ripoff Sarah Jessica Parker or really any human is on screen feel free to fast forward though, they add absolutely nothing to the movie. Its better than 2014 Godzilla since its closer to 40% godzilla / 60% human, whereas 2014 was 20/80.

i might download and rewatch this weekend

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Decent movie, would have liked a more visually gruesome death for Vera Farminga.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
All the parts of this movie with humans are fucking retarded nonsense. Worse than a B movie, no redeeming value.
Luckily, every part with the kaiju is fucking bad ass.If you can tune out the retarded humans and the retarded plot to just watch monsters fight, it's awesome.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw that last night. It was pretty good. As people say, the monster parts are good, the human parts not so much.

They are establishing some interesting lore though.

I hate the cliche story of I'll destroy the world to make it a better place though.

fris

Vyemm Raider
My 7 and 9 year old ask me almost weekly when Godzilla 3 is coming out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user