Godzilla Minus One (2023)

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Godzilla Minus One (2023)

Tagline: Postwar Japan. From zero to minus.

Genre: Science Fiction, Horror, Action

Director: Takashi Yamazaki

Release: 2023-11-03

Plot: The worst despair in the series' history strikes Japan! After the war, Japan has been reduced to zero. Godzilla appears and plunges the country into a negative state. The most desperate situation in the history of Japan. Who? And how? Will Japan stand up to it?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
at some point they need to put an Allied helmet on top of Godzilla's head. he hates the fuck out of the japs.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

1689370517579.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm all in on this. Getting a major Shin vibe off that short teaser.
Yes to the first part. Please God no to the second part.

The actual Godzilla in Shin was the Down's Syndrome Godzilla. He looked and acted like he was fucking retarded. In fact I think we've had this conversation before, where I declared that jumping Godzilla is better than Derpzilla.
Happy Jump GIF by Max

Shin-Godzilla-first-form.jpg

I still maintain that the best part of Shin is the American liaison chick.
2971301585163017.png

• 5Mother of God
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes to the first part. Please God no to the second part.

The actual Godzilla in Shin was the Down's Syndrome Godzilla. He looked and acted like he was fucking retarded. In fact I think we've had this conversation before, where I declared that jumping Godzilla is better than Derpzilla.
Happy Jump GIF by Max

Shin-Godzilla-first-form.jpg

I still maintain that the best part of Shin is the American liaison chick.
2971301585163017.png
holy shit, why is Bubbles Bubbles walking around with that ugly chick avatar when this sweet little wonton is floating around somewhere.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Can't belive we get a modern day horror Godzilla movie in my life time. Can't wait.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So where's the marketable white people the movie is actually going to focus on?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So is that actually Godzilla or is it another fake Godzilla that real Godzilla has to battle? Cuz everyone knows G Dawg needs to have somebody to rassle with.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I will definitely be seeing this opening day in IMAX. Looks sick.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn,

A Godzilla movie that will actually show the true carnage something like that would create? I will watch it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My 8 year old absolutely loves Godzilla but I feel like if I took him to see this someone would be calling child services on me.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As cool as that was I couldn't help but think that as cool as the trailer looks, it's gonna be the same as the last two. 95% human with the occasional brief Godzilla rampage here and there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As cool as that was I couldn't help but think that as cool as the trailer looks, it's gonna be the same as the last two. 95% human with the occasional brief Godzilla rampage here and there.
That would make for a very different kind of movie, but if done right, a really good version of Godzilla.

National Geographic: Godzilla

The movie literally follows Godzilla around with narration playing that discusses his known habits, and the difficulty he goes through in everyday life. Have James Earl Jones narrating it. The movie would have very limited human interaction that mostly involved quick sightings and after devastation reports. Nothing but Godzilla....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

What is Godzilla mad about though?

Isn't there usually some /thing/ that he is all ticked about and generally humans just get in the way, or a government military coverup protecting the /thing/... this just looks like he is mad and wants to eat asians. I get the post nuke premise, so I guess the nuke ticked him off / woke him up so he is just rampaging and we have to perhaps somehow stop him?

CGI looks good to me, except that one shot of the 3 tanks, they looked 1990s while everything else was good lol..

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database