The Godzilla channel has been cranking out some crazy stuff lately. lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
What is Godzilla mad about though?

Isn't there usually some /thing/ that he is all ticked about and generally humans just get in the way, or a government military coverup protecting the /thing/... this just looks like he is mad and wants to eat asians. I get the post nuke premise, so I guess the nuke ticked him off / woke him up so he is just rampaging and we have to perhaps somehow stop him?

CGI looks good to me, except that one shot of the 3 tanks, they looked 1990s while everything else was good lol..
It comes across as a rehash of the original, most likely the same themes at play

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What is Godzilla mad about though?

Isn't there usually some /thing/ that he is all ticked about and generally humans just get in the way, or a government military coverup protecting the /thing/... this just looks like he is mad and wants to eat asians. I get the post nuke premise, so I guess the nuke ticked him off / woke him up so he is just rampaging and we have to perhaps somehow stop him?

CGI looks good to me, except that one shot of the 3 tanks, they looked 1990s while everything else was good lol..
all godzilla follows the same path, yeah he's a bit down on the asians right now, but there is always a big bad for him to go after. making japanese BBQ isnt something that carries a movie unless there is some hope he can be stopped by a something. I'm also pretty sure Toho sets rules for their licensing agreements. they sell toys and other merch. perhaps they dont want pure evil Godzilla, but they will settle for "fuck around and find out" Godzilla.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Instead of being about the dangers of nuclear energy, this version of Godzilla represents the spirit of Imperial Japan and he is here to punish them for their dishonor and cowardice in surrendering to the allies.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As long as it isn't about Godzilla standing around like a fucking retard for most of the movie like Shin Godzilla, it will be ok in my book.

Now, since it is the same production company, we need the sequel to be Godzilla vs. Space Battleship Yamato. Wait, maybe that's where they get the idea for the wave motion gun! I think I'm onto something here.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn,

A Godzilla movie that will actually show the true carnage something like that would create? I will watch it.
Pretty much this. Talking to my gf the other day watching Godzilla and she always finds it really hard to believe that bullets/shells wouldn't be able to penetrate his skin and kill him. The chaos would be absolutely insane and destruction off the charts, stoked to see this.

Goonsquad Officer
Pretty much this. Talking to my gf the other day watching Godzilla and she always finds it really hard to believe that bullets/shells wouldn't be able to penetrate his skin and kill him. The chaos would be absolutely insane and destruction off the charts, stoked to see this.
yea hollywood has a grotesque lack of understanding of how bullets and missiles work. i'm always furious that no one in jurassic park pulls out a pancor jackhammer they keep stocked and just decimates those bird boned fucks.

hell in that last jurassic world movie a character with a raptor trying to eat him. gets a gun, and uses it to fucking shoot a lock off of a hatch to escape. instead of killing the dinosaur.

• 2Worf

Siliconemelons

The opening scene of Kara’s part 1 movie those raptors should have been mince meat, they were point blank shotguns not just the stupid tasers unless they just stocked bird shot

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea hollywood has a grotesque lack of understanding of how bullets and missiles work. i'm always furious that no one in jurassic park pulls out a pancor jackhammer they keep stocked and just decimates those bird boned fucks.

hell in that last jurassic world movie a character with a raptor trying to eat him. gets a gun, and uses it to fucking shoot a lock off of a hatch to escape. instead of killing the dinosaur.
Doesn't Blue get instantly incapacitated and mortally wounded from a single pistol shot in the second movie?

Goonsquad Officer
Doesn't Blue get instantly incapacitated and mortally wounded from a single pistol shot in the second movie?
oh yea i think so.hah i forgot about that. but a badguy did that. he's bad. heroes can't kill fucking dinosaurs who eat innocents. guns bad

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
oh yea i think so.hah i forgot about that. but a badguy did that. he's bad. heroes can't kill fucking dinosaurs who eat innocents. guns bad
My copy of the OG book is boxed up somewhere so I can't check but talking about this made me remember that at one point Muldoon does bust out the heavier ordnance, like a 40mm launcher or something of that nature, and I swear he said some shit about how the raptors were so tough that nothing but a direct hit to the torso would actually kill them. Crichton made his raptors into such super monsters that at the time I didn't think anything of it, but in retrospect it seems pretty absurd.

Goonsquad Officer
Yea. The lawyer was stuck in a pipe and raptors were snapping at him. And he blew ones leg off with an rpg. I think that may be the only instance in the book of a gun being helpful. Or the movies heh

I think moldune first got out super tranq ammo at first to not kill the Rex, but I don't think it was ever used.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea. The lawyer was stuck in a pipe and raptors were snapping at him. And he blew ones leg off with an rpg. I think that may be the only instance in the book of a gun being helpful. Or the movies heh

I think moldune first got out super tranq ammo at first to not kill the Rex, but I don't think it was ever used.
He tags Rexy with two tranqs of some fictional reptile sedative and she finally passes out just as she was about to kill Tim. They were pinned in the hollow behind a waterfall (i wanna say it was a hidden InGen workstation or some shit) and Rexy was on the verge of tonguing him into her mouth.

Goonsquad Officer
He tags Rexy with two tranqs of some fictional reptile sedative and she finally passes out just as she was about to kill Tim. They were pinned in the hollow behind a waterfall (i wanna say it was a hidden InGen workstation or some shit) and Rexy was on the verge of tonguing him into her mouth.
man i fucking loved that book. must have read it a dozen times in middle school. always wished to see it in movie format, but i doubt hollywood has it in them.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Man in suit or gtfo.
Suits Im Him GIF

Lonely Black Tie GIF by Dean Lewis

drunk roaring twenties GIF

???

Goonsquad Officer
I mean the events in the book! Closer to the origional story and whatnot

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
An early screening review I was listening to said the human story got him invested in the characters so you gave a shit, then Godzilla shows up and it's a horror ride till the end. Didn't know hype had an overdrive setting.