Godzilla Minus One (2023)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Movie of the year hands down. Human element was the best its ever been done in a Zilla movie and the zilla scenes were just the right amount of screen time and carnage. Very visceral and earns all its emotional marks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Saw this tonight with my girlfriend who normally wouldn't like a Godzilla movie but she loved this. She is Japanese and her grandfather was 15 at the end of the war and was about to go fight but was saved by the war ending. So she really liked the themes and felt a connection with it.

The movie has been out for 2 weeks and they are now increasing the amount of showings. This seems unheard of for a movie.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Wow, it's like if someone makes a good movie, people will go out and see it, and tell their friends who will also go and see it.

I caught it last Wednesday and it was great.

Maybe a little Hollywood at the end with both main characters living but I'll allow it. The chick getting blown away was pretty powerful and set up a much darker ending but I thought just 1 twist would have been enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
yea hollywood has a grotesque lack of understanding of how bullets and missiles work. i'm always furious that no one in jurassic park pulls out a pancor jackhammer they keep stocked and just decimates those bird boned fucks.
In the books, there’s an actual explanation for this: Hammond doesn’t want anyone harming his precious genetic investment.

in the original JP film, they had plenty of guns, but not the manpower to make it effective since most of the staff had left the island. The only guy that was effective with firearms, Muldoon got ambushed which is a surprisingly realistic outcome when even an experienced hunter armed with weapons tries to take on multiple apex predators by himself.

anyways
IMG_9179.png

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
In the books, there’s an actual explanation for this: Hammond doesn’t want anyone harming his precious genetic investment.

in the original JP film, they had plenty of guns, but not the manpower to make it effective since most of the staff had left the island. The only guy that was effective with firearms, Muldoon got ambushed which is a surprisingly realistic outcome when even an experienced hunter armed with weapons tries to take on multiple apex predators by himself.

anyways
View attachment 505741
Zilla is a Japanese product and is probably admiring his handy work after nuke breathing Africa.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The way the lines were delivered and the amount of exposition felt very anime. Is that usual Japanese cinema?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not able to source the March VOD date now.

Earliest date available now is May 1st Bluray-- which is at least set in stone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seen this at the theater when it came out here, still not sure what the "Minus One" means or refers to. lol
Great film, will be sure to watch this on prime when it drops.