Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters

Genre: Animation, Science Fiction

Director: Hiroyuki Seshita, Kobun Shizuno

Cast: Mamoru Miyano, Takahiro Sakurai, Kana Hanazawa, Tomokazu Sugita, Yuuki Kaji, Junichi Suwabe

Release: 2017-11-17

Runtime: 89

Plot: In the year 2048, the human race is forced to leave Earth after decades of losing against Godzilla and other giant monsters. They take a twenty-year journey to another planet called Tau Ceti e, but upon arrival, they discover that the planet has become uninhabitable. As living conditions on their ship deteriorate, a young man named Haruo spearheads a movement to return to Earth and take it back from the monsters. The ship successfully makes the return voyage, but the crew realizes that twenty thousand years have passed, with Earth's ecosystem having evolved to become centered around Godzilla.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
[CONTAINER][POSTER]
iRBuVfdkeUCwDehfZ7Q7UQLyYFG.jpg
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters

Genre: [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Hiroyuki Seshita[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Kobun Shizuno[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mamoru Miyano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Takahiro Sakurai[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kana Hanazawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tomokazu Sugita[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yuuki Kaji[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Junichi Suwabe[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-11-17[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]89[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]In the year 2048, the human race is forced to leave Earth after decades of losing against Godzilla and other giant monsters. They take a twenty-year journey to another planet called Tau Ceti e, but upon arrival, they discover that the planet has become uninhabitable. As living conditions on their ship deteriorate, a young man named Haruo spearheads a movement to return to Earth and take it back from the monsters. The ship successfully makes the return voyage, but the crew realizes that twenty thousand years have passed, with Earth's ecosystem having evolved to become centered around Godzilla.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Fadaar

That guy
I recognize that CGI, must be the same company that did Knights of Sidonia and Ajin. I'm in for that alone, loved both of those shows.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
thunder.jpg

I saw your thread before making mine. I figured it was gonna be faster than an amod edit.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
This was so bad it made me watch Shin Gojira again.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

actually like the premise ... looks interesting. Knights of Sidonia was okay, but I didn't finish it... the story got a little off point - its macro story to micro story back and forth was annoying... also an entire fanservice "plot" point of solar recharge bodies was put in all revolving around a valid in-story excuse to bring about nude scenes and then they...don't...so as a viewer its annoying...in odd little things like that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched it last night, but it appears to have only been Part 1, and the ending clearly indicated there was more. Did I miss the other part(s)?

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The reusing of entire animation sequences drove me up the wall.

Maybe a minute of exciting stuff and the rest is just the usual schlock with an extra layer of anime bullshit on top. Did like the railgun breath. But outside of a few worthy gif sets, forgettable and not exactly must-see even for Godzilla fans.

flashr66

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's not even a Godzilla movie. It's like they had a script for some other movie and thought it be a good idea just to toss Godzilla in the background.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
It's not even a Godzilla movie. It's like they had a script for some other movie and thought it be a good idea just to toss Godzilla in the background.

Just like how they've pushed out some of the Macross titles over the past 15 years.

It's a slap in the face to Gojira. You can't hand over such an iconic IP to just anyone, so why did they green light this garbage? Where's my mini twin babes that are really Mothra? Or even a Mecha Gojira slugfest?

1fe.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Just like how they've pushed out some of the Macross titles over the past 15 years.

It's a slap in the face to Gojira. You can't hand over such an iconic IP to just anyone, so why did they green light this garbage? Where's my mini twin babes that are really Mothra? Or even a Mecha Gojira slugfest?

1fe.jpg
Mecha is pt2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database