Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A movie about a giant gorilla and a dinosaur and you want real world logic? Right…

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
D8A051CA-C603-4A27-86C0-A554CB0FE8A1.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bluray released and the audio is a huge improvement over the streaming version. If you have a decent audio system and/or found the streaming sound to be lackluster, this may be worth a second try.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched this, enjoyed it alot, would like to see s prequel covering the war between apes and lizards with no human parts.

• 3Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

all the recent godzilla/kong movies are on HBO Max and i watched a few, while I would not say any are amazing they definitely get better and better and I sorta enjoyed G v K (2021), it had a much higher ratio of monsters to humans than previous one so hopefully they carry that forward. No one gives a fuck about any of the humans other than as bugs to stomp.

There are all sorts of weird clauses and licensing deals on specific monsters so it'll be interesting to see what they do. I think stuff like Gamera and his buddies cost Legendary a lot more to license which is why they've been all over the place, although Mothra in the last one was cool

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
All the more reason to come up with new monsters, and the Hollow Earth idea could really open it up for more original ones. Some of the typical Godzilla monsters are pretty cheesy and don't really seem like they could stand up to him anyway.

Skull Crawlers and Warbats were really cool additions.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

they need to spend a lot less time with the humans, but some reason think we want even more time with stupid people.

from reddit
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla: 9:29 (7.7% of runtime)
Male Muto: 6:48
Female Muto: 7:22
All Monsters: 16:10 (13.1% of runtime)

Godzilla King of the Monsters

Godzilla: 9:53 (7.5% of runtime)
Mothra: 4:29
Rodan: 3:14
King Ghidorah: 11:17
Miscellaneous: 1:06
All Monsters: 22:31 (17.1% of runtime)

Godzilla vs Kong
Godzilla: 11:14 (9.9%)
Kong: 26:16 (23.2%)
Mechagodzilla: 6:13 (5.5%)
Other: 3:21 (3%)
Monsters: 39:35 (35% of runtime)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
And transformers was painfully dumb.
Set this in some prehistoric tribal times and it wouldnt be so bad. The fewer the humans the better.

Watching Kong and Godzilla jump around an aircraft carrier like its a jungle gym is just "i bypassed the compressor!" levels of eye rolling stupidity. Seeing them make such a big deal about 5-6 people dying at the very start then completely ignoring 5000-6000 or so sailors dying horrible deaths is further eye rolling.

Or maybe its just tiring have to "turn your brain off" so much.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Set this in some prehistoric tribal times and it wouldnt be so bad. The fewer the humans the better.

Watching Kong and Godzilla jump around an aircraft carrier like its a jungle gym is just "i bypassed the compressor!" levels of eye rolling stupidity. Seeing them make such a big deal about 5-6 people dying at the very start then completely ignoring 5000-6000 or so sailors dying horrible deaths is further eye rolling.

Or maybe its just tiring have to "turn your brain off" so much.
Too many movies not only require you to turn off your brain, but remove it and use it as a door stop.

• 1Solidarity

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would prefer the human parts be in the form of disaster type ambience, like the perspective of people fleeing or the military. The first movie with the whole military ships and people on the bridge in the bay while Godzilla approaches or the whole Hawaii type tsunami is what I'd be willing to watch instead of monster apes bullshitting with little girls in sign language.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

i liked the last movie. its gotten better every movie, maybe next movie can be 80-90% just monsters no humans

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users