Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Good enough for entertainment, I'll echo the complaints of too much "huhmans"

I don't like godzilla moving quick and agile, sorry it's like fucking zombies running around and acting like methheads, a thing that has been too common in zombie films/tv the past 20 years, it's a kind of blasphemy to me. I don't expect him to be a dude in a rubber suit, but the quick shit doesn't sit well with me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Good enough for entertainment, I'll echo the complaints of too much "huhmans"

I don't like godzilla moving quick and agile, sorry it's like fucking zombies running around and acting like methheads, a thing that has been too common in zombie films/tv the past 20 years, it's a kind of blasphemy to me. I don't expect him to be a dude in a rubber suit, but the quick shit doesn't sit well with me.
The director for 1 should have done the whole trilogy imo.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watched this last night - I liked it. Especially the song at the end :p

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have very little interest in future Kong solo films. Godzilla is just a better design and 'character' in my opinion.

As for enemies... they really splurged most of them already.

The only enemies 'bigger' than King Ghidorah would be Hedorah, Biollante, or Destoroyah.

Out of those, Hedorah would require them to introduce the Xiliens. Biollante is weird science stuff. Destoroyah, however, already has it's origins set up - It was created when the Oxygen Destroyer (the big bomb from King of the Monsters) woke up/messed up a bunch of tiny organisms. They eat things and get stronger/bigger, with eventually eating a chunk of Godzilla would bring about it's 'final' form and man, would I like to see that with a big CGI budget.

View attachment 345689

I vote they surprise fans with a crossover and introduce Galactus in the next movie. Then Eleven can take the mantle of Mrs. Fantastic, given stretchy powers by Gandalf, who emerges from Hollow Earth explaining that a better translation would be Middle Earth.

Then I can cancel all streaming services, turn off the internet, and be done with all media because it’s so fucking broken.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Xerge

<Donor>
May be an image of outdoors

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
this movie sucked pretty bad. Script was cringe. Couldn’t care two shits about any characters. It was just a really, really bad film. The cliches were so overplayed. I really can’t find anything redeeming about it.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
this movie sucked pretty bad. Script was cringe. Couldn’t care two shits about any characters. It was just a really, really bad film. The cliches were so overplayed. I really can’t find anything redeeming about it.

Lizard and monke fought. Good enough.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I’m holding out hope for a real Godzilla vs Ultraman now that Hideaki Anno’s done Godzilla and Ultraman for Toho.
Don't hold your breath too long. I just thought Shin Gojira has been than better movie from all the legendary and what little Toho has to do with it, just except royalties from the monster verse . A Shin Gojira 2 would be fantastic, but with how box office #'s and no information about streaming right now. $$$$ Cash rules every thing around me, cream. Kra

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who is perplexed or mystified by the nonchalant attitude of killing tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of people? At the start of the movie they specifically mention Godzilla killing 8! people and how thats a big deal, then 30 minutes later the guy kills 10000-15000 sailors and its no big deal. Then all three go on to absolutely wreck HK, one of the largest most densely populated cities in the world killing what should be hundreds of thousands.

Got X-Men Apocolypse vibes here similar to when Magneto was happily tearing the Earth apart and killing millions and it was just no big deal. This really seems to be a problem with movies in general nowadays, the amount of death and destruction in them is absolutely insane yet it has zero impact or effect.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Am I the only one who is perplexed or mystified by the nonchalant attitude of killing tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of people? At the start of the movie they specifically mention Godzilla killing 8! people and how thats a big deal, then 30 minutes later the guy kills 10000-15000 sailors and its no big deal. Then all three go on to absolutely wreck HK, one of the largest most densely populated cities in the world killing what should be hundreds of thousands.

Got X-Men Apocolypse vibes here similar to when Magneto was happily tearing the Earth apart and killing millions and it was just no big deal. This really seems to be a problem with movies in general nowadays, the amount of death and destruction in them is absolutely insane yet it has zero impact or effect.
i remarked on this earlier in the thread. 8 million in HK. no kaiju bunker can house all those people safely or at all. even iff they all had a bunker they could fit into, there wasnt enough time to get into them and there wasnt any fucking way they would get out with 100 story building rubble sitting on top of everything. its safe to say a few million are dead at least. but its totally ok because we saw a big monkey punch a big lizard. which is good enough for me. we can all just pretend that all 8 million HKers got onto their private planes and flew to their vacation homes to ride out the kaiju attack and Allstate will send them a check tomorrow.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
we can all just pretend that all 8 million HKers got onto their private planes and flew to their vacation homes to ride out the kaiju attack and Allstate will send them a check tomorrow.
But thats the thing, they make it a point to show pov shots of people still in those buildings or running around on the ground.

I have zero problems with death and destruction, but when its this grand but disconnected from the ramifications its bizarre.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if kaiju were real, they'd be civilization enders. even just a couple of them fighting once would cause so much wide spread damage and destruction at such a quick pace that we as a species would simply never recover. even if not a single soul died in this movie, you just can't quantify the dollar amount in destruction. businesses have to rebuild, there's lost revenue until the city gets cleared, which, again is going to cost an obscene amount of money... how many millions lost their homes... it's just unfathomable.

but that's not fun to think about, especially in today's climate where people have lost jobs, businesses have gone under. i just want to see a monkey and a lizard punch a robot.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

but that's not fun to think about, especially in today's climate where people have lost jobs, businesses have gone under. i just want to see a monkey and a lizard punch a robot.
Bingo. This movie is the 1st movie in a good while that I can think of that I can completely switch off my brain and enjoy it.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bingo. This movie is the 1st movie in a good while that I can think of that I can completely switch off my brain and enjoy it.
yeah. mike from redlettermedia is NOTORIOUS for hating big dumb action movies and even he was like, despite everything about it i actually really enjoyed myself watching it.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Humans would be fine if godzilla was around. We are like cockroaches we adapt. We would build underground city's that wouldn't be destroyed by fighting monsters. Or in mountains ETC. The entire population of the would could fit in the area around the size of new York without issues(ignoring food/water production ) without major crowding. A 6 story 100`x100' "building" could handle 240 people living there EASILY. A "block" of 10 of those buildings in a row of 5x2 2400 people, leave 50' 'roads' between... 10 story bldg would increase that amount by 160 people per bldg or 1600 more per block.
Every ~120,000 sq ft 2400 people (again ONLY 6 story buildings)
24000 in 1.2 million sq. Ft. 240,000 in 12 million(276 acres) or a half million people in a square mile. the US population 350 million would take ~700 sq.mi. New York (state)is 54,500 sq.mi. 7 billion using the above scenario, 14000 sq.mi.

The ONLY reason godzilla attacked fla AND Hong Kong was monster zeros head being used godzilla sensed that . The ONLY reason the ships were attacked was kong was out and was an untested/confronted alpha. With kong being weaker than godzilla no more confrontations will happen.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Since you guys are discussing such an amazing topic, unknown deaths by giant monsters, well....why don’t you guys dive into Kongs penis size? Sounds about as interesting.

Goatface

Since you guys are discussing such an amazing topic, unknown deaths by giant monsters, well....why don’t you guys dive into Kongs penis size? Sounds about as interesting.
that was already covered on page 2

• 2Like