Going to Movies Solo

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw Joe Rogan do a comedy show in Philly by myself on Friday. It was a decent show, but I think I like him better in a smaller venue than a theater. Some people pull it off, but I just prefer his material in a club.

Aside from that, it was a fun time. I had asked a friend if he wanted to go, but he knew he would be away on a trip, so I went solo. I end up seeing a lot of comedy solo (Bill Burr, Bert Kreischer, Louis CK and Patrice Oneal when he was still alive). I do that as opposed to going to concerts.

That said, I saw that Russel Peters is going to be performing at the same theater the end of November, and my wife actually like's him, so we're going to go to that show together.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
I, too, don't get this. I started going to the movies alone before we really had the internet to tell us things were "wrong". I'd club all weekend and didn't want to miss my movie cause some drunk friend makes excuses or is late. I'll never forgive my roommate making me late for Titanic IMAX opening show we ended up first row far left -- worst migraine ever. I should have left her ass at home.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Drajakur, pretty sure you meant "The problem with going to the movies solo FOR ME blah blah etc etc" and "In MY PERSONAL OPINION, movies are a clear and common social activity etc etc". At least I hope that's what you meant.
Yes, this is what I meant. I left it implied because I was talking about one's own mental state. I was also trying to point out how these things can change even for one person based on their current mental situation / circumstances.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well he was a fun loving type, so I see nothing wrong with that. Dear old Ted, how we miss you.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I used to go to movie's solo on the rare occasion I had no friends/family wanting to go see them or I somehow missed the group going to it, but lately I've had no interest in seeing a film solo. I really want to see the Equalizer but thinking about going to see it alone, I'd rather just sit at home and play a video game or something.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Alright so I had a reason to go out and do something alone last night and ended up seeing The Equalizer anyway. Well worth it. Don't mind that I went alone but sucks I can't really gossip about it with anyone I know.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Alright so I had a reason to go out and do something alone last night and ended up seeing The Equalizer anyway. Well worth it. Don't mind that I went alone but sucks I can't really gossip about it with anyone I know.
We're here for you, bro.