Going to Movies Solo

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
What the fuck is wrong with the OP and certain others. Do you get this anxious when you go to the library alone well? Who the fuck cares what other people in the theatre think?
Actually.. yes. I hate being in public alone. I can't help it. It's a serious problem.

I've never even considered going to a movie alone, but reading this thread makes me think it'd actually be good for me. Maybe then I'll even get to go to concerts I would otherwise miss because nobody else wants to go, and so on.

spronk

FPS noob
For me, there is something nice about having alone time with quiet thoughts and observations of the stuff going on around me without having to be socially attentive. It's a treat, really.
i do enjoy farting in movie theater seats, but then you start thinking about all the people that farted BEFORE you...

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't mind going solo. I usually work them into long lunches on a work day. Nice to get out of the office and not have anyone around.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was an issue in highschool but the older I become, the more fuckall I care about other's opinions. It's like the phrase, "animal-prints-pants out of control", you can either be concerned about all the shit that doesn't matter and fail or you can keep your eye on the ball and rock hard, being the envy of all those that hold back and don't do what you've got the balls to do, whether it's wear animal-prints-pants or go to the movie alone.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I go to the movies solo all the time... and yea i'm married but i won't drag my wife to see my type of movies.. she hates them. We tried it a few times and i end up seeing it through her eyes and i enjoy it less because she did not enjoy it at all...
So now i go solo and have been for years on end, there are occasions where i go with friends, but when i go solo i go on my time, my schedule, and i always get the perfect seat cause i don't give 2 shits if i sit next to people as long as i get center/middle of theater.
I tend to go Sunday mornings though when it's not too crowded because most of these people go to church, so i find that opening weekend movies are 70% empty for 10am showings on sunday.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I prefer it. I dont want people talking to me during the movie, and there are plenty of people who will see it at work etc that I will talk about it then with them.

I used to ban my ex from movies because she got ADD then wanted to talk to me after half the movie was over, or would give me every fucking theory on how the movie was going to end up. Jesus shut the fuck up and watch it and enjoy the good cinema, dont fucking spoiler it for me. I purposely dont try to figure those things out so I can be genuinely surprised...I like to be in the zen moment, now, or whatever moment you want to call it.

People who are uncomfortable with this or look down on others, well those are your own insecurities. Which is fine, we all have demons we deal with. If you like it then do it, if not then stop being a super duper cool judgemental douche. Women love assholes anyways, and for me telling them they cant come to the movies with you makes them even more attracted. OMG what I cant come with you? WHY??? She will want to fuck you even more.

Actually.. yes. I hate being in public alone. I can't help it. It's a serious problem.

I've never even considered going to a movie alone, but reading this thread makes me think it'd actually be good for me. Maybe then I'll even get to go to concerts I would otherwise miss because nobody else wants to go, and so on.
*man hug*. You can do it bro!

Dis

Confirmed Male
I have always been able to go to the movies solo. The only time I care about what people think about me was when I was single, and it was women. Generally single women are not seeing the same movies I am, so the two conditions never butted heads. Obviously not so much now since I am married, but I could do it if I wanted. Still no fucks given.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Possibly one of my favorite things to do, especially now that I have kids. Me time is at an all time low so seeing what I want, sitting where I want and not sharing popcorn is awesome.

My kids just gave up naps so I probably will not do it this year, but every Father's day for last few years I have gone solo to the movies while my wife puts the kids down for their nap. This year I will probably have to take the kids if I want to go to a movie, so here I come Rio3 or Frozen 2 or what the fuck ever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wife and I go see what we want, by ourselves more often than not. Nothing complicated for us about it. Got it from her, used to loathe the idea, but with 2 young kids it's a nice escape sometimes and we cover for each other np.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
rrr_img_79235.jpg

Cybsled

What's the big deal about going to a movie solo? Oh noes, people you don't give a shit about in a dark room might give a shit about you being solo!

The only time solo movie watching is a bad thing is if you're that guy who decides to sit next to strangers even though there are tons of empty seats. I fucking hate it when people do that.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The problem going to movies solo is not what people think about you in the dark but what you think about yourself. Movies are a clear and common social activity, so if you are doing it solo you can't help but feel like an outlier. If you are cool with yourself then its no problem; but if you are sitting there thinking "holy shit I am a fucking loser sitting in a movie theatre alone" then, well, its obviously a negative experience.

Personally, I used to have no problem with going to the movies solo. But then I was married for 11 years and we're now going through a divorce. Going to the movies solo now freaks me out because I remember what a social activity it used to be with my ex. There's also the fact that going to movies solo as a couldn't-give-a-shit-30-year-old is a lot different than going to the movies solo as a fucking-loser-divorced-single-parent-of-40. Let me tell you.

Anyway, it used to be no problem for me but now I can't quite make myself do it. Went to see a few alone and decided from now on to just torrent. Makes masterbating afterwards easier too. Just keepin it real.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drajakur, pretty sure you meant "The problem with going to the movies solo FOR ME blah blah etc etc" and "In MY PERSONAL OPINION, movies are a clear and common social activity etc etc". At least I hope that's what you meant.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I think his post is interesting as it highlights the true nature of this discussion.

It all comes down toyour own feelingsof awkwardness / being uncomfortable / people are thinking this of me.

To each of us, we'll feel different for our own reasons.

edit: just noticed this was post 666 for me. Damn I should have made more of a major post

Szlia

Going to the movies solo can lead to strange situations. I went to see 22 Jump Street during the day and we ended up being 2 guys in the 600 seats theater, so suddenly you watch the movie hearing what the other guy finds funny and you don't andvice versa.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Saw Avatar solo as my wife hates Sci fi. Was pretty cool. A milf sat near me and touched my thigh at one point. That is all.