going to the store in pajama pants vs. going to the store in sweatpants -- is there a difference?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
It's always the disgusting ones that dress skanking. All the attractive ones are always dressed halfway decent. It's a damn travesty.
It's because anyone who gives a shit about their appearance wouldn't wear pajama pants in public. Put some real pants on before you go out,, you heathens.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who has to put on jammies to get comfortable needs to stop wearing skinny jeans like a faggot. I have some Columbia 100% cotton rip stop hiking pants that are more comfortable than most PJs I wear to work on days i am not playing with things on fire.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who has to put on jammies to get comfortable needs to stop wearing skinny jeans like a faggot. I have some Columbia 100% cotton rip stop hiking pants that are more comfortable than most PJs I wear to work on days i am not playing with things on fire.

how much are those?

also... if you're comfortable enough to just lounge around the house in hiking pants, more power to you. personally i don't like thick material (so sweat pants are out) or heavy material (i'll wear jeans if i'm "going out") but if i'm just making a run to grab some food or whatever, i'm putting on the most comfortable thing i have because i have absolutely no need for any kind of approval from people who spend 40 minutes getting ready to go get tacos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I do a lot of work for Shutterstock, both behind and in front of the camera, and trust me, unless the shot specifically requires it, neither pj's nor sweatpants are what we look for. It is kind of clear and makes sense once you get used to it. Bedroom, morning, having first cup of coffee, light coming through wall of windows -- no kidding, bring on the some nice cottony sleepware. But there are many more settings in which that attire just does not work.

There is a reason why there has never been a single television show in which everyone only wears pj's or sweatpants. Think it through. I have.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I do a lot of work for Shutterstock, both behind and in front of the camera, and trust me, unless the shot specifically requires it, neither pj's nor sweatpants are what we look for. It is kind of clear and makes sense once you get used to it. Bedroom, morning, having first cup of coffee, light coming through wall of windows -- no kidding, bring on the some nice cottony sleepware. But there are many more settings in which that attire just does not work.

There is a reason why there has never been a single television show in which everyone only wears pj's or sweatpants. Think it through. I have.

Goddamn, you are a fucking retard.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Repost

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Don't own pyjamas or sweat pants. Can't stand sleeping wearing clothes and I feel like a homo wearing sweat pants. Generally wear a baggy pair of shorts around the house. I'll usually just throw on my workboots since they easy, wearing shorts & hoodie, and walk 5min to store. It was -25 C other morning, this morning was nice and warm -2 C.
mwab1.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Brony
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
For dick swinging home comfort nothing beats Thai Fisherman pants. They are basically a cotton bed sheet in 3/4 pants form. You can get them sent to you from Thailand via ebay for $6-7.

3-4-thai-fisherman-pants-black-600x600.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have never gone outside of my house in anything less than blue jeans or shorts with a zipper and pockets.

Going to where people could see me wearing workout clothes of any type is completely unacceptable. I wouldn’t even dream of flannel pants or sweat pants outside to even go to the mailbox.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was one of those little fat kids that always wore sweatpants. That shit was abandoned real damn fast by the time I hit 14 and I would never allow myself to be outdoors in anything close to sweatpants afterwards. The idea is mortifying to me at this point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t mind joggers but they have jeans now with small amount of spandex in them that makes them feel like pajama pants. I don’t mind wearing jeans anymore since those came out, used to ditch them for shorts as soon as I got off work. I converted my entire jean collection to flex jeans this summer and haven’t looked back, as have all the neighbors and most of my coworkers.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t mind joggers but they have jeans now with small amount of spandex in them that makes them feel like pajama pants. I don’t mind wearing jeans anymore since those came out, used to ditch them for shorts as soon as I got off work. I converted my entire jean collection to flex jeans this summer and haven’t looked back, as have all the neighbors and most of my coworkers.

Hell yeah, fully agree. more and more brands are coming out with these.

Mugsy jeans, Fran denim, etc

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hell yeah, fully agree. more and more brands are coming out with these.

Mugsy jeans, Fran denim, etc

Never heard of those but it’s pretty much every brand now. Lee, Levi, American eagle, etc.

They should just get rid of the jeans without spandex. It’s so inferior.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People that where PJ's in public on purpose are trash. Your house better be on fire if you're out in PJ's in my book. Would ever you marry a person who wore PJ's to a store on purpose? If the answer is yes then enjoy your lazy spouse and hoarder house. Because that what you're going to get.

Sweats, tights are somewhat acceptable.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pajama pants are practically underwear. It's like bedroom slippers versus sandals. It's inappropriate to be anywhere but the home in such. Likewise inappropriate to go over to somebody else's home in such attire unless to sleep or for special occasion, emergency.

Sweatpants are thicker of different cut and material.

Outliers:
Sweatpants that have pajama patterns
Pajama pants that don't have open crotches and have normal pants coloring/pattern, such as all black.