going to the store in pajama pants vs. going to the store in sweatpants -- is there a difference?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It's always the disgusting ones that dress skanking. All the attractive ones are always dressed halfway decent. It's a damn travesty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i wear whatever i want, whenever i want. it's one of the privileges of being an adult. if me being comfortable bothers you, go spend time with someone else.

disclaimer: when i say comfortable, i'm not using that as some excuse to dress like buffalo bill. i'm talking sandals, pj pants, hoodie, whatever.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
i wear whatever i want, whenever i want. it's one of the privileges of being an adult. if me being comfortable bothers you, go spend time with someone else.

disclaimer: when i say comfortable, i'm not using that as some excuse to dress like buffalo bill. i'm talking sandals, pj pants, hoodie, whatever.

Come on now...you dont have to be shy....your totally dressed like buffalo bill right now...just admit it :D

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't but I don't wear PJs either. As someone said earlier, women can pull it off easier than men. Jogging pants(except Lends version) > sweats > PJs so why ever wear PJs? Especially the clown car versions they sell today? If I wanted the world to know Spongebob is still my favorite character ever, then buy the shirt. I saw a guy carrying a pink lunchbox to Target the other day and my first thought was, "that loser needs some attention badly." Same thought happens with PJs guys in public...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Come on now...you dont have to be shy....your totally dressed like buffalo bill right now...just admit it :D
i'm dressed like buffalo bill RIGHT NOW. but i'm just sitting at my computer.

• 1Worf

j00t

I wouldn't but I don't wear PJs either. As someone said earlier, women can pull it off easier than men. Jogging pants(except Lends version) > sweats > PJs so why ever wear PJs? Especially the clown car versions they sell today? If I wanted the world to know Spongebob is still my favorite character ever, then buy the shirt. I saw a guy carrying a pink lunchbox to Target the other day and my first thought was, "that loser needs some attention badly." Same thought happens with PJs guys in public...

i guess we need to talk about what KIND of pj pants. i mean if we're talking about some kid pj pants, yeah sure. if we're just talking about plain, or plaid pj pants or whatever? it's the opposite. i don't want or need attention. i'm not dressing up to go to walmart. there's no one there that i need to impress.

• 1Solidarity

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The cartoon and super colorful ones are definitely worse and the condition of them matters. I just don't like skanks i guess

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I go in my underwear, wife beater and boots.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if we're just talking about plain, or plaid pj pants or whatever? it's the opposite. i don't want or need attention. i'm not dressing up to go to walmart. there's no one there that i need to impress.

this. feeling like you need to put on jeans (that probably have holes in them anyway) just so you look better than everyone else in your local shithole walmart is pretty arrogant. ;)

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's funny, when I lived in the city, I didn't think twice about going to the Albertson's next to my apartment in shorts, sweats, dripping sweat from a workout, whatever. Now that I live in the country I always feel like I should be dressed nice to "go to town". I sort of feel underdressed even in jeans and a t-shirt even if I was just going to town to visit the Walmart.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
i guess we need to talk about what KIND of pj pants. i mean if we're talking about some kid pj pants, yeah sure. if we're just talking about plain, or plaid pj pants or whatever? it's the opposite. i don't want or need attention. i'm not dressing up to go to walmart. there's no one there that i need to impress.

Good point. I've been seeing the opposite kind lately but you are right. Nothing wrong with plaid.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I look down upon someone in pajama pants, any hour. I do not look down upon sweat pants the same way, because there are a number of reasons why someone might be stopping by the store in sweatpants. There is one reason, and one reason only, for going to the store in pajamas. You were too fucking lazy to change.

Furthermore, the preponderance of chicks that wear pajamas to the store ALSO insist upon wearing their fluffy slippers as well. Which is a whole other level of disgust for me.

The only exception to this is if I'm in a college town, near the college dorms/apartments, and a gaggle of giggling girls are all in their pajamas and fuzzy slippers. That's either an event, or I'm just more tolerant of hot sorority chicks, which I freely admit.

There is zero reason a male over the age of 14 should ever be in public in his pajamas unless he's dying. Or possibly trying to get pussy, but I would have to see the specifics to allow that.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My comfort > whatever judging opinion you want to have. I used to wear pajamas pants it to pick up food a lot at night when I was in the military. Fuck getting dressed to go get food. I rarely do now, just because I don't wear them often anymore.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
A friend of mine tried to hop an international flight to Asia wearing PJ bottoms and a t-shirt (long flight, wanna sleep and be comfy). US Customs gave him a cavity search before he bordered and Philippines Customs gave him another when he landed.

All you mother fuckers need to invest in a comfy pair of board shorts. Only thing better is a Ted Nugent loin cloth for lounging around.

• 1Worf

j00t

i ALWAYS fly in pj's. those seats are already uncomfortable. let me at least dress comfortably. never EVER been stopped by anyone.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
i ALWAYS fly in pj's. those seats are already uncomfortable. let me at least dress comfortably. never EVER been stopped by anyone.

If you arent dressed like a grown up going thru customs you are gonna get fucked with. Its just a fact the world over.

j00t

i'll repeat. i have NEVER been stopped by ANYONE in an airport. ever. when my ex-wife and i were dating, i was in AZ and she was in NY so i flew back and forth several times a year. i flew overseas, i landed in london THE DAY AFTER a terrorist attack and not a SINGLE PERSON needed anything more than an ID and the typical bag conveyor belt check.

Edit: i think it's less about DRESSING like an adult, and more like ACTING like one.