going to the store in pajama pants vs. going to the store in sweatpants -- is there a difference?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my girlfriend looks down on people that go to the store in pajama pants, but claims that going in sweatpants is okay. despite the fact that she only owns sweatpants for use as pajama pants. thoughts?

• 4Worf
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 4 users

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sweatpants are just more accepted as something to be worn in public. Someone walking through walmart midday with pajamas you start to wonder when they last changed their underwear

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I routinely go to the gym on tights and just go anywhere with them.
1548870601956.png

my junk is showing. i dont care.

• 6Faggotry
  • 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 11 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Do the sweatpants have pockets? Cause if they do those can be worn to Alabama weddings.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’ll go to the gas station in whatever I have on at the time. A normal retail store though, I’ll change out of my “laze-around-the-house gear.”

Are PJs and sweat pants any different with regards to going to the store? Nope, your gf is crazy.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

B-Biscuit

View attachment 191938

I see this as okay, i imagine people who work out when i say sweatpants are okay (even though i don't work out). There is a reason to potentially wear sweatpants out in public, however i dont go out and about to find a bed to sleep in so why where pajamas? It's really a statement on that person's character in my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

B-Biscuit

I’ll go to the gas station in whatever I have on at the time. A normal retail store though, I’ll change out of my “laze-around-the-house gear.”

Are PJs and sweat pants any different with regards to going to the store? Nope, your gf is crazy.

Crazy not lazy. I can dig it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I dunno. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist. Gym pants, okay. Sweat pants, okay. Yoga pants, okay. Pajama bottoms, not okay.

As to why? Dunno. Prolly the goofy and mickey mouse that's usually splattered all over the bottom of them. Seeing that on an eight year old is fine. Seeing that on an overweight fifty year old, isn't. "I like Mickey Mouse!@" "Wow, do you like eating paste, too?"

Actually, on second thought, I better not ask that of anybody at WalMart.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
(B-Biscuit is said girlfriend in case anyone hasn't yet put two and two together, btw)

• 1Harrow

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I live in south FL, so I don't own any PJs. I just go into stores with a t-shirt and naked from the waist down.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 8 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 191938
Then you must be wearing pants 4 sizes too small.

I'd only equate sweats to pj pants if they're nasty stained gross sweats. Clean pair then no biggie. PJ pants are ok after 8pm in my book. Unless you're deathly sick making a run for cough drops before that you're just fucking lazy.

• 1Like

B-Biscuit

the instance that we were discussing and she looked down on was 10PM
I put jeans over my pjs despite being 10pm. Had it been a single person fine maybe but it was a couple and the guy had muck boots on. You're gonna lounge in pjs stuffed in muck boots? This is a farming area so they probably get used as intended regularly.