Gold Rush (Discovery)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what the fuck is up with this season? 2 episodes of Todd and crew fucking around in South America with no mining site yet. At least show us some of the other crews too, I don't want to watch 2 full hours of Todd going "What the frick there's not enough gold!...but maybe this other random contact I have who sounds professional might have the answer!!"

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I haven't seen either episode yet.....but I know Dave wasn't given his own crew yet again so I'm not sure how much I care at this point.

I do want to see how Parker does though on his new site as well as the Dakota Boys.

Merrith

I haven't seen either episode yet.....but I know Dave wasn't given his own crew yet again so I'm not sure how much I care at this point.

I do want to see how Parker does though on his new site as well as the Dakota Boys.
Then you haven't missed anything yet.

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
The start of this series has shown me how little I care about Todd's side of it.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
I think im out after " the mother load" last season turned out to be a Million dollar operation pulling 1.5 million in gold.

Merrith

I think im out after " the mother load" last season turned out to be a Million dollar operation pulling 1.5 million in gold.
That shit pissed me off too, although we all should have seen it coming someone totally called that in the foh thread before last season started...I just didn't think they'd fuck us over like that.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly... hard to get excited when 10 guys earn in 1 year, what it takes me to earn in 4.

But, and was already discussed last season, it's not like they actually "paid" 1 million dollars for their equipment, ultimately it only cost what it lost in depreciation... which could be a couple thousand dollars per piece of equipment, but certainly not a million. Their real cost is in fuel and labor, neither of which is cheap in Alaska.

My dad has actually made profit on farm equipment before, if you buy it on the cheap, clean it up of rust, maybe replace some bearings... plus getting to use it for "free" for a few years.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exactly... hard to get excited when 10 guys earn in 1 year, what it takes me to earn in 4.

But, and was already discussed last season, it's not like they actually "paid" 1 million dollars for their equipment, ultimately it only cost what it lost in depreciation... which could be a couple thousand dollars per piece of equipment, but certainly not a million. Their real cost is in fuel and labor, neither of which is cheap in Alaska.

My dad has actually made profit on farm equipment before, if you buy it on the cheap, clean it up of rust, maybe replace some bearings... plus getting to use it for "free" for a few years.
Especially in an area with tons of demand for the equipment selling durable heavy equipment like this would not be that hard and you should get pretty much what you paid for it minus depreciation which probably isn't even that much given the long lifespan of those types of machines.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I liked last season despite the underwhelming finish. That being said I'm done watching till they find a spot to actually mine because these episodes with them looking for spots to mine are boring as shit.

Merrith

I liked last season despite the underwhelming finish. That being said I'm done watching till they find a spot to actually mine because these episodes with them looking for spots to mine are boring as shit.
I could live with Todd doing his "search" if we were getting some look ins on Parker and the Dakota boys (even if it's offseason or whatever). Hopefully next week he actually finds a spot and they start showing the other crews.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I could live with Todd doing his "search" if we were getting some look ins on Parker and the Dakota boys (even if it's offseason or whatever). Hopefully next week he actually finds a spot and they start showing the other crews.
This isn't the "real" start of the season. I think it's like 4 eps or something then a break then everything gets going with Parker and Dakota. I have a feeling they end up back in the Klondike.

Merrith

That would be pretty stupid if that is what happens. They could have summed up their "big search" for South American gold in a 1 hour preview show to the season and just said "we didn't find anywhere better than the Klondike, so we're back there again this year".

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone else get the "tweaker" vibe from Todd at the live season finale? He was all twitchy and fidgety and constantly wiping his nose. I think he found something else in South America! Hell, there were a couple of his own crew that said they wouldn't be returning.

Seriously though, I find Todd an oddball dickbag and couldn't care less about his operation. Dave seems to be the only one getting things done and I don't get why he doesnt branch out and form his own crew / company. The guy comes from a mining family with big $ behind him. It's great watching Parker and his endearing old grandfather (makes me miss mine like crazy). Hell, I have even warmed up to the Dakota operation far more than Todd's outfit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am astounded that Todd got a place to mine in South America. Let the lulz begin!

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Todd's redeeming quality is that he manages to somehow get competent people to work with him. I am pretty sure everyone recognizes that he is incompetent but he is the guy who gets the risk-adverse competent people around him to take chances that they would never consider and could possibly pay off.

The African gold show however the 2 main guys are incompetent and dishonest, just 2 looser weasels. Can not stand hearing those guys talk.

Of course the real shithead in this equation is discovery (and history channel) with all these scripted/manipulated so called reality shows and they just keep lowering the bar every year. I used to watch discovery regularly but I hardly turn it on anymore.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Todd has some weird charisma. I bet in another life he could be a cult leader.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Discovery blows now. No idea wtf they are thinking but when I saw Eric Bishoff was producing shows I knew they were headed down hill.. Fuck all this scripted shit. That new bookey show in Boston is unwatchable

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol he did that motorcycle club show.. Laughing Devils. I bet he's doing more too. I should check lol.