Gold Rush

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Yeah I don't really get that either. Seems like after the 93 ounces they got they took a day to just clean the equipment and sit around. Granted Todd cannot do a single thing right. Cannot believe they don't have a single ounce of gold yet.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I think Parker will end up being just fine, that Tony Beets guy is gonna be his future father-in-law. I remember a clip from last season when Parker went to his mine and one of Tony's cute daughters was flirting with him, even stuck out her tongue far enough to expose a piercing. Then when they show up this week at Parker's place, Beet's wife hugs him like he's a long lost family member, and Tony goes on about how he thinks Parker is the type of man that gets shit done rather than standing around whining and crying.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My wife hates Parker and thinks he's a little know it all. Which he might be but he gets stuff done, I can see he's the kind of person that refuses to fail which I can apprecieate, I wish we saw that more in kids his age.

I too hate Fred and if he hits the motherload in that glory hole it will annoy me a lot. I still get annoyed when I think of him coming in to help the Hoffmans get set up then after seeing things and the land first hand, went and bought the claim from under them. Screw that guy.

Dave is awesome and is destroying it, I bet though once they get that other washplant up it'll go nuts....though I don't get for how much "research" and how "state of the art" is't suppose to be that even running light loads of paydirt on it is destroing the engine. Seems like I'd be demanding a refund.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I don't really get that either. Seems like after the 93 ounces they got they took a day to just clean the equipment and sit around. Granted Todd cannot do a single thing right. Cannot believe they don't have a single ounce of gold yet.
Their plant is still pretty new I think they wanted to take the day to do some maintenance stuff and make sure everything was still looking good and doing whatever upkeep stuff was needed to keep the washplant in good working order. It was not that they were taking the day off they were simply planning on doing normal upkeep type stuff figuring todd should be able to at least run a tiny amount of dirt. If I was the indian river crew I would be getting pretty pissed at the quartz creek crew. If you can't run your own dirt then why they hell arn't the QC people coming over and helping at indian river god knows they have nothing better to do.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else get the feeling after watching the latest episode that the guy who "designed" and built Todd's super trommel has never actually had a working one before? You would have thought he would have known the motor was too small and overall the vibe I get from him is an "In theory all of this could work".

Also taking bets on who hits the motherlode. I think they are pushing too much that its going to be Dakota Fred with his waterfall spot. Im banking on it being Dave with that upper bench of dirt. Who knows what the fuck Parker is doing and Todd and his crew havent run any dirt at all so by far they are the long shot right now.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I really hope that new trommel just falls to pieces, don't know what it is but I can't stand Todd and his family on the show.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Everything surrounding Todd's crew just doesn't add up to me. They spend millions of dollars on new equipment and washplants and put it all on a lease that can be completely mined in half a season (Indian River) to get less than 300 ozs. and would have sat with their thumbs up their asses for the last half of the season if they couldn't have talked the dude into giving them the upper bench? No way any serious investment group would have signed off on that.

I pretty much buy whats going on at Porcupine and Quartz, but in no way does Todd and his crew represent any kind of reality in the world of gold mining.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i just started watching a show called Lost Treasure Hunters.
it was pretty cool. these guys are hunting diamonds from a thought dead diamond mining area in India. these guys are turning up diamonds. though i dunno they look pretty fucking tiny. and they are saying these are 2000 dollar diamonds? i think i bought my mom a diamond ring bigger than these in the 90s from Zales and it was like a hundred bucks with the gold ring.

Drizz-_sl

shitlord
The fake scripted shit is pretty damn awful in that Bering sea gold one. I think I was watching one of the under the ice ones in the summer and some guy loses his flippers or weights and they of course have a camera shot of them falling to do the ocean floor and they have the guy end up going to get it without his hot water suit etc when they obviously have a camera crew that can just get them easy but just go for the drama, not to mention all the people always yelling for "help" on the radio with no one listening. I'm sure the camera crew is just are hoping they die for the ratings??? I feel Deadliest catch got popular because it was pretty cut and dry and for the most part the drama was real or at worse slightly exaggerated to the point where it was so obvious and insulting.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm betting Todd and his crew get the motherload. I don't get all the hate for Todd. He's just a dude gold mining that is still learning how to on the go. I also think they internationally portray him in a certain light and he's more aware than the show leads on. Dave and his group is by far my favorite crew. This show is still very entertaining to me so they must be doing something right.

Parker buys a new claim next season? Seems like they are running out of land to mine.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For parker they may find enough dirt to run for this season but I think his grandpas claim is just about officially tapped out. He is either going to need another claim or go to work for somebody else on their claim.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is he land locked on his claim have they said? Like are there any open ones that boarder his own or would he have to up and move the operation? That alone could cost enough to sink his operations.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good question. They havent said anything. I imagine they are thinking of what to do after smith creek went bust.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure his claim is surrounded by other claims most of that area has been claimed already and most of these guys are leasing their claims from other people.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well I know that Todds crew was originally leasing and thats how the Dakota Boys took over their claim, I think they outright purchased their claims this time though to prevent that from happening again. And Parkers Grandpa I'm positive owns his as well.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope as you can see in the last episode when they get permission to dig the upper ledge at indian creek they are leasing it from the claim owner for a percent of the gold recovered.

Edit yes parkers dad is the owner of that claim but I am pretty sure all the others are leased claims.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Todd dun goofed again digging in that area where the dredge had been years ago. How long before Dave jumps ship on his own? I say by next season.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Todd: "I feel really dumb now."

Me: "-NOW- you feel dumb?"

Why would they spend all the fuel and all that time clearing that whole plot of land instead just a portion of it....or ask the fucking claim owner if he knew about that piece of land or not. Holy shit.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just imagine if Todd didn't create that second team. 2/3 through the mining season he's officially sitting on less than 1oz of gold. He brought in a first generation trommel that has been nothing but problems so far. He's fucking with Dave now who oh by the way is the only reason your afloat right now. Numbskull.

And Parker, Jesus I know you can't stand your one employee, but when said employee shows you proof of gold in the soil, and your running out of land as it is, run the fucking dirt.