Gold Rush

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Although I think Todd can be a complete idiot, I think the stress is finally getting to him. He's really been an asshole since they all moved to Indian River. That driver last night was right to give Todd shit. I don't care how much money is in the way, I wouldn't risk my life and someone else's to drop some dirt.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Although I think Todd can be a complete idiot, I think the stress is finally getting to him. He's really been an asshole since they all moved to Indian River. That driver last night was right to give Todd shit. I don't care how much money is in the way, I wouldn't risk my life and someone else's to drop some dirt.
"You have 6 tires...that's what seat belts are for." Seriously I would have said fuck him.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But, But Todd makes his crew wear the John 3:16 shirts. God is surely on their side to protect them from such harm!

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
"You have 6 tires...that's what seat belts are for." Seriously I would have said fuck him.
I think that was manufactured drama for the camera. They can make dumb decisions some times, but I doubt they'd be dumb enough to make that guy do that without the spotter.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
All this time ive been wondering what Jack does all day and now we know. Hes your typical old guy who makes himself appear busy while not actually accomplishing anything. Wasting fuel searching for some glory hole that more then likely does not exist.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i saw that 6 wheels comment and i went, put a fucking spotter and you'd be fine and 2 minutes later, lo and behold, a spotter...

been watching off and on for bits.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Day shift is going to have to step it up.
That comment would have made up my mind if I was Dave. Fuck Todd. I am so glad I speed watch this show. I pretty much only want to see how much, if any, gold they all find. How profitable is it really considering time, repairs, fuel, etc. Seems like it's still worth it if you've got the machines, but you better like moving tons and tons of dirt to get the very small amounts of gold.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember how much of a dick Todd was to Dorsey in season one? I mean he straight bullied him lol. doesn't surprise me.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember how much of a dick Todd was to Dorsey in season one? I mean he straight bullied him lol. doesn't surprise me.
Forgot about Dorsey. He was a whiny fuck. Although I probably would be as well if I had to work with Todd for more then 5 minutes.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Forgot about Dorsey. He was a whiny fuck. Although I probably would be as well if I had to work with Todd for more then 5 minutes.
I know he used to have a blog. He and his wife would bash the hoffmans. lol wonder if he still updates it..

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
I like how they have over $620,000 worth of gold and they are just breaking even. Jesus christ fire 90 of your 120 person crew and don't fuck up for 4 months prior. Todd sucks.

Merrith

I like how they have over $620,000 worth of gold and they are just breaking even. Jesus christ fire 90 of your 120 person crew and don't fuck up for 4 months prior. Todd sucks.
Just find Dave a site with gold, let him pick his team, and watch them run dirt. Dave's crew puts in work.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Just find Dave a site with gold, let him pick his team, and watch them run dirt. Dave's crew puts in work.
This is exactly right. And it would be a much better show. I get it, the first season we wanted to kind of see success but also failure and problems with the machinery...it made it interesting. Now it's just cringe-worthy. I want to see someone succeed and right now I'm rooting for Fred and Melody.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well how cheap do you think leasing two claims is as well as all the equipment they use and fuel costs? There's a reason not many do what they're doing and a reason even less of them turn a profit.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Well how cheap do you think leasing two claims is as well as all the equipment they use and fuel costs? There's a reason not many do what they're doing and a reason even less of them turn a profit.
I get what you are saying, But leasing 2 claims is most likely a down payment, a not so unreasonable monthly fee and a percentage. I get the fuel costs being a problem the first 2 seasons possibly, but the amount of people they had was unreal and that most likely costs just as much as fuel cost if not more. I heard they were also paying the guys around 15 an hour (from schnobble himself) so it adds up. I feel like a reasonable 10 person crew could do this for less than $600k and do it well.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck would anyone go to the middle of nowhere, work grueling hours, and put up with Todd Hoffman's bullshit for 15 an hour?

Merrith

This is exactly right. And it would be a much better show. I get it, the first season we wanted to kind of see success but also failure and problems with the machinery...it made it interesting. Now it's just cringe-worthy. I want to see someone succeed and right now I'm rooting for Fred and Melody.
I'd love to watch Dave have a completely separate team. Honestly if you're an investor watching the show, who would you give money if they could get a claim with proven gold deposits? Dave.

YIMMY_sl

shitlord
Why the fuck would anyone go to the middle of nowhere, work grueling hours, and put up with Todd Hoffman's bullshit for 15 an hour?
I can't say for the Todd team but I do know parker said they are getting an hourly wage and for the incentive gave them a SMALL percentage of the gold money as well...maybe 1-2 percent. It's a TV show so who knows, parkers team have probably done this a ton and worked for schnabble before.