"Good" games, that you hate.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Seconding the fact that Elder Scrolls combat is atrocious.

I started with Skyrim and I loved it, but it was because of the many awesome aspects including the vastness and freedom involved. I am seriously stunned though that they have such a BEAUTIFUL fucking product and it's even fun, yet they maintain such a terrible fucking inventory and combat system. It's one of those things that makes you want to charge into the studio and smack some fucking people.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
have to agree on skyrim. everyone at work praised it as the second coming video game wise, but i got fucking bored within 2 days. just could not keep at it

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Seconding the fact that Elder Scrolls combat is atrocious.

I started with Skyrim and I loved it, but it was because of the many awesome aspects including the vastness and freedom involved. I am seriously stunned though that they have such a BEAUTIFUL fucking product and it's even fun, yet they maintain such a terrible fucking inventory and combat system. It's one of those things that makes you want to charge into the studio and smack some fucking people.
Sometimes not having shit streamlined is what makes the design work, look at Deus Ex for example, the aiming system is stupid, you have to sit in one place for ages to hit anything, but that makes you consider if it's worth it. If you could shoot just like in any other shooter, the gameplay would suffer.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Sins of a Solar Empire - Bought because of the positive reviews/comments online.
Diablo III - The hype got me to buy it.

incadenza_sl

shitlord
Fallout 3 - After playing NV first on PC, I couldn't believe how empty and bland FO3 was in comparrison.
Assassins Creed
Borderlands
Halo
GW2

Bacon_sl said:
Gears of War - Combat is alright. Story was written on the back of a Hooters napkin, so I can't really get into it.
Bacon -- I love the Gears of War franchise and have actively played since 2006. I agree that the story has been kind of a rehash of a few mashed together Sci-Fi plots, but the multiplayer aspect only fell off recently. In Gears 3 they brought us TDM and totally killed the game. Everyone seems to like the call of duty type respawns, but I hate it. It was fine the way it was. Now, if I'm lucky there will be 200 people playing the game type that I love (Warzone) and thousands playing TDM. It's like thanks Epic!!!

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
FFXIII

I played a lot of FF growing up but everything after 7 just got...weird. (including the end of 7)

Anyways, FFXIII I put several forced hours into. I literally grimaced my way through this game until I just gave up on it. Couldn't stand it anymore. On top of that I have no fucking idea what the plot is or whats going on or how my characters are even affecting anything. Or WHY I'm doing anything in the first place.

So. Whatever. It's a game I want to play and finish but everytime I turn on my ps3 I immediately say fuck it and don't.

Edit-

I just read the FFXIII wiki plot synopsis. Still no idea wtf is going on.

Chris

Potato del Grande
FF6 is one of the few games where you lose and the world actually "ends", which makes it AWESOME. It's combat and levelling system is actually quite weak.

Ocarina of Time does the same thing.

Reiker

Assassin's Creed. No particular reason other than it was boring.

Fallout 3. It was buggy and I crashed a lot on a really nice system. The "freeze time while I select parts of your body to shoot" thing was dumb. The kicker was that at some point in Megaton the mayor died and I looted some keys from him. One was for the armory. Of course I'm going to check out the armory. The problem is once you go inside some droid that can fuck your day up pretty much instantly starts attacking you. And you can't run, because it can follow you outside into the town. So I could never go back to Megaton without getting owned by this thing. This was about the point when I thought the game was shit. Concept was cool though and I know it's a good game, just too many frustrating things for me.

Sylverlokk

I couldn't get into Arkham Asylum. I didn't like how fixed the control scheme was. I think my breaking point was in the room where they introduce you to jumping and traveling on gargoyles. It's been a while but I remember wanting to kill bad dudes in a free form way by gliding toward them and annihilating them. Instead all I could do is sit with my thumb up my ass until the UI told me to hit the 'go' button and Batman did the rest of the work. I hate it when games do the heavy lifting for me in gameplay.
Just so you know Tuco that must have been aprt of the early game Tutorial because it doesn't tell you when or where you can jump or any of that stuff after the first little area. Once you get to the Find Jim Gordon part is when the tutorial is over and the game is pretty freeform after that. You should give it a go again if that was your only complaint, it was a good game and I don't even normally like fighting games.

Sean_sl

shitlord
FFXIII

I played a lot of FF growing up but everything after 7 just got...weird. (including the end of 7)

Anyways, FFXIII I put several forced hours into. I literally grimaced my way through this game until I just gave up on it. Couldn't stand it anymore. On top of that I have no fucking idea what the plot is or whats going on or how my characters are even affecting anything. Or WHY I'm doing anything in the first place.

So. Whatever. It's a game I want to play and finish but everytime I turn on my ps3 I immediately say fuck it and don't.

Edit-

I just read the FFXIII wiki plot synopsis. Still no idea wtf is going on.
Did you misread the thread? "Good" games, that you hate. I don't think anyone hasevercalled or considered FFXIII to be a good game. I'm pretty sure it's just about universally considered the worst Final Fantasy entry.

FFXIII-2, on the other hand, is a very good game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FF6 is one of the few games where you lose and the world actually "ends", which makes it AWESOME. It's combat and levelling system is actually quite weak.

Ocarina of Time does the same thing.
Except you don't lose...Shadow traps the new "god" between the very 3 statues that give him his power...allowing you all to miraculously escape virtually unharmed to later take all the time you need to mount an assault on his tower of trash where unless you're horribly under-leveled or didn't get much of anything, you basically rape his face. Still a great game, just thought it lost the plot a little bit AFTER the great plot twist of the world actually getting torn up quite a bit.

As for games I "hate"...FFVIII. IX was okay and I actually enjoyed X but VIII was a failure in my book.