Game Streaming Services - Stadia, Geforce Now, xCloud, PS Now

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
"We can also weigh in on Stadia's data demands, which, as stated by Google, will consume up to 20 GB of data an hour for 4K gameplay"

50 hours (without doing anything else) a month for playing through a 4k game and wham - you are at a 1tb cap.

Also what people saw were demo's in a controlled environment. This thing was garbage from the get go for obvious reasons, and everyone here has stated data caps will destroy this thing before it even gets out of the gate.

The tech can work great, it's everything else that's the problem w/ Stadia. Hardware, features, library, the structure of the service, etc. I was able to manage my franchise and play a game of Madden (xCloud - from library) and Baseball (xCloud - from my console) at a friend's house this weekend with relatively few hiccups - the tech can be pretty awesome.

Did none of you fucks that pre-ordered this clown-fiesta play the beta?

This shit was amazingly bad from before day 1.

I would say, "I hope you learn" but no, I really don't, I hope you keep pre-ordering shit like this so I can read your posts after release every...fucking...time.

Project Stream? I got to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on a Chromebook, it was very surprising and played so well that it is why I was willing to buy the Founder's Edition. Everything since and the state of the launch are well worth the pessimism though.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played Assassin's Creed on the first phase of the testing and it was actually very impressive. I have a great internet connection, though. The test only left me with a good impression. It's everything since then that has soured it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My internet went out last night for the first time in year (cable too!) i figured it was the mass usage of Stadia and the worlds bandwidth was used up for this great sucsess!

I guess i was wrong..

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did none of you fucks that pre-ordered this clown-fiesta play the beta?

This shit was amazingly bad from before day 1.

I would say, "I hope you learn" but no, I really don't, I hope you keep pre-ordering shit like this so I can read your posts after release every...fucking...time.
I was in the beta and thought it was amazing?

• 1Blown

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Project Stream? I got to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey on a Chromebook, it was very surprising and played so well that it is why I was willing to buy the Founder's Edition. Everything since and the state of the launch are well worth the pessimism though.
I played Assassin's Creed on the first phase of the testing and it was actually very impressive. I have a great internet connection, though. The test only left me with a good impression. It's everything since then that has soured it.
I was in the beta and thought it was amazing?

How did you all come to this conclusion?

1574210333047.png

My connection isn't bad and I experienced some pretty rough gameplay during the test. To the point that after, I think it was, 4 or 5 sessions I was done using the service. I filled out my reports and testing feedback through each of the sessions and saw the price tag and just laughed my way out the door.

A less than average tier laptop is what you need to play a majority of the offerings, sure not all the fucking maxed out graphics but a better appearance and feedback than using a streaming service..

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So Samurai Showdown is pretty flawless, with a competent setup it's a good game to include opening day. Responsive and clean at whatever resolution it's running.

I play Destiny 2 at 1440p on a 34" Ultrawide, so there was already no way it could compare, and that looked as bad as expected. I've also never played it with a controller, so within a couple minutes I was done messing with that.

So yay, replaced my failing Chromecast, remains to be seen if it'll be used for much more than that. Will probably mess with some more Samurai Showdown.

I kind of like the idea of being able to take the controller to any device and not have to re-pair or anything (since it's connected via wifi to the service, and not to the display you're using). I hope this is something Microsoft does w/ xCloud at some point, in some form. I also like the screenshots going directly to my phone, but I wonder how those are rendered. Like are they a screen of what I am actually seeing rendered on my screen (an image of a stream, basically) or a raw capture from the game itself.

How did you all come to this conclusion?

View attachment 232129

My connection isn't bad and I experienced some pretty rough gameplay during the test. To the point that after, I think it was, 4 or 5 sessions I was done using the service. I filled out my reports and testing feedback through each of the sessions and saw the price tag and just laughed my way out the door.

A less than average tier laptop is what you need to play a majority of the offerings, sure not all the fucking maxed out graphics but a better appearance and feedback than using a streaming service..

Dunno, but saw a good point made on Twitter earlier that regardless of where the problem is, Stadia will be blamed for it due to a lack of feedback/communication from the application or service. Be it slow wifi, some network issue between you and them or even the outage (in jest) mentioned above.

As for bandwidth, it's a lot:

1574212146797.png

We're already on unlimited, as we run 1.6tb or so a month w/ all the streaming and stuff we do so it's not really much of a concern. That activity was probably over 20 minutes, the rest was writing this post. I'll time/play a match of Samurai Showdown later and get a better measurement / time.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
25 years after Sega Channel and companies still can't get this shit right?!

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
played 30 minutes of Destiny 2 on my PC, my PC monitor is 3440x1440 but all the games ran at 2560x1440 and even then I'm pretty sure they are actually being rendered at 1080p and upscaled, you need a chromecast to run in "real" 4k. I did use my elite 2 controller and that worked no problems in samurai shodown and Destiny 2, so that was nice at least.

It wasn't terrible, I had no real issues and ran a PVP match although it took like 5 minutes to match and the game wasn't even full, so playercounts are pathetic. The visuals are terrible though, while I won't say dumb things like they look like ps3 I have my PS4 version up side by side and the PS4 version looked way, way better all the time. The PC version blows both away of course. I'm not sure what the FPS rate is for D2.

I just can't understand still who this is for, I'd rather just play the PC or ps4 versions of these games and in this day and age if I can't play for some reason there are a million other things I can do. It was nice instantly playing a game without installs and stuff but it was still kinda slow, going through loading screens just like console. It did run things a little better than the AC Odyssey beta, I like how I can alt-tab out and it stays windowed full screen and my mic/headset worked fine.

Its not the worst thing in the world, if they gave a library for $10/mo I could see some appeal especially for subbing 2-3 months a year but buying each game at ludicrous prices and what seems to be extremely shitty performance and visuals makes this still a joke.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
25 years after Sega Channel and companies still can't get this shit right?!

Sega Channel was something literally 30 years ahead of its time. And it actually worked well.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Sega Channel was something literally 30 years ahead of its time. And it actually worked well.

It was especially amazing for people like myself that lived in a small town, there was almost no games to rent or buy anywhere. Having that many options at your fingertips was really something.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man what a sad story it is that Sega stopped making consoles. They were always way ahead of the curve, but for whatever reason they sucked at helping developers actually make games for those consoles.

Sega Channel was essentially cable internet.... in 1994.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I had a low # ICQ from the early 90s, but fuck if I remember what it was. I think I last looked at it in 1997 and thought “oh ICQ is still around?”

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's been a coon's age since I heard or read anything that included AIM, ICQ or MSN Messenger...

lol.