GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Natalie Dormer is probably the hottest chick on the show but good god were her tits an even bigger disappointment than Clarke's.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think Natalie Dormer is probably the hottest chick on the show but good god were her tits an even bigger disappointment than Clarke's.
rrr_img_133897.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
On one hand it sounds like Ramsey didn't even know Jon left the watch, but then again it's Littlefinger. Knowing what's going on is his thing
I don't think many outside the NW know, or would even believe, that Jon was killed by his own men and resurrected by Blood Magic bro. Let alone leave the Watch, the sacred vow, that the North takes pretty seriously.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if Jon dying and returning really did release him from his vow - in the books, there is power in the words, as we see with Sam/Coldhands and the magic gate or whatever, so it is more than just words. "It shall not end until my death", I mean technically he died, so its over. But "for this night, and for all the nights to come" implies forever no matter what.

Semantics really as the 'mystical' part of the vow wasn't really touched on in the show, but just something I was wondering; Edd kind of argued with Jon about this week which is why I thought of it.

And kudos to Edd getting his due; he is funny as hell in the books and while they don't really play up the 'dolorous' part of him in the show I am always glad to see him get a bit of time, hehe.

Tenks

I also wonder if saying the words at the weirwood makes any difference. You can assume Benjen did it and so did Jon and Sam. I'm not sure if the internet has figured out who Coldhands is but I always somewhat assumed it was Benjen.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Jon dying and returning really did release him from his vow - in the books, there is power in the words, as we see with Sam/Coldhands and the magic gate or whatever, so it is more than just words. "It shall not end until my death", I mean technically he died, so its over. But "for this night, and for all the nights to come" implies forever no matter what.

Semantics really as the 'mystical' part of the vow wasn't really touched on in the show, but just something I was wondering; Edd kind of argued with Jon about this week which is why I thought of it.

And kudos to Edd getting his due; he is funny as hell in the books and while they don't really play up the 'dolorous' part of him in the show I am always glad to see him get a bit of time, hehe.
I was getting at this earlier with "who decides when the vow is broken" .. the answer would be the northern lords. So if they rally behind Jon, they're going to support his theory that dying broke that vow. If they don't want to, then they won't, and they'll hang him as an oathbreaker.

But those vows are clearly a bit fungible since Jaime still draws breath.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Missandei is the hottest, although I think Mellisandre has the best boobs. God damn that leather outfit Missandei was wearing at the beginning of the episode got me going.

Tyrion and Varys trying to work through the slaver's bay puzzle was great as was the possible Tormund/Brienne romance but holy shit on that final Danerys scene. She has done some bad ass things on this show but this one takes the cake. I also like how Dario and Jorah show up to save her with basically no plan and she's like "Well I don't need rescuing, but if you guys would lock the doors on this building that would be pretty handy while I single-handedly conquer and unite the Dothrakis without even using dragons.

Faltigoth

I also wonder if saying the words at the weirwood makes any difference. You can assume Benjen did it and so did Jon and Sam. I'm not sure if the internet has figured out who Coldhands is but I always somewhat assumed it was Benjen.
I wonder if Martin pulled a Jordan with Coldhands and changed him mid-stream when everyone figured out who he was; it would make sense but the dialogue in ADwD with Bran and the children implies that he turned wight much further in the past than Benjen would have.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
dont forget the possible Umber doublecross. it probably wont happen, but its still possible. and yeah littlefinger playing that shit off about sansa hurt to watch, almost as much as watching jaime acting like cersei's little toadie with her scheme to free margaery. btw does anyone think cersei really intends to free margaery?
The Umbers at some point could turn but their hatred of Wildlings is real and they are pissed about the whole deal. Most of the north is probably under the impression that the walls main purpose is keeping them out. Now that Snow has done the unthinkable it's not hard to believe they're motivated to unite with Ramsay and kill them all.
I don't see a double cross fake Rickon scenario that makes sense at this point given that the info they have. Wildlings are here, Jon Snow let them in, fuck him.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Uh, obviously yes? She may not be BFFs with the Tyrells, but she can't change the fact that Tommen and Margaery are married. The sparrows are a huge problem beyond just her personal humiliation. Now it's possible Cersei is stupid enough to try and arrange for Margaery to be killed during all the fighting, but either way, dismantling the sparrows is priority one.
Have Margaery killed by the sparrows in front of everyone. Move in Army. 2 Birds (see what I did there!) with one stone.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was getting at this earlier with "who decides when the vow is broken" .. the answer would be the northern lords. So if they rally behind Jon, they're going to support his theory that dying broke that vow. If they don't want to, then they won't, and they'll hang him as an oathbreaker.

But those vows are clearly a bit fungible since Jaime still draws breath.
I think the Northern Lords are more likely to release Jon from his vows as the last remaining Stark heir long before they believe he was murdered and rose again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have Margaery killed by the sparrows in front of everyone. Move in Army. 2 Birds (see what I did there!) with one stone.
Yeah but it's the Tyrell army they're planning to use, not Lannister men. And the consequences for this backfiring would unquestionably be her execution, so what does she actually gain from Margaery's death that makes it worth the risk? I mean she's stupid enough to try it, but it would be stupid.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think I said it last week too but we still haven't seen Cersei's "I choose violence" line from the season preview. I believe she said it to some sparrows who said something like "if you don't leave there will be violence". I'm going to be so fucking hard when she says it.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Uh, obviously yes? She may not be BFFs with the Tyrells, but she can't change the fact that Tommen and Margaery are married. The sparrows are a huge problem beyond just her personal humiliation. Now it's possible Cersei is stupid enough to try and arrange for Margaery to be killed during all the fighting, but either way, dismantling the sparrows is priority one.
If she does that, and I more than half suspect that she will, she'll make sure Loras bites it first since they're still engaged to be wed. Having both Margaery and Loras killed would be a crushing blow to the Tyrells . Though Loras might kill himself before the rescue attempt anyway. He looked like he was nearly at the end of his rope (no pun intended).

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Martin pulled a Jordan with Coldhands and changed him mid-stream when everyone figured out who he was; it would make sense but the dialogue in ADwD with Bran and the children implies that he turned wight much further in the past than Benjen would have.
That would require everyone to figure out who he was, which clearly we haven't done.

If you mean "durr i think he's benjen" then you're wrong. That would require A) Bran not to recognize his own fucking uncle who he just saw at Winterfell for Robert's feast. B) Samwell not to recognize the first ranger who he just met. C) Gilly not to recognize the first ranger who has stopped at Craster's keep numerous times in his time in the watch, when virtually all wildlings can recognize him and other famous rangers. D) Children of the forest to use terrible time metrics considering they are hundreds of years old and said he died a long, long time ago.

He's just some random, irrelevant wight, who was warged by the three eyed crow. He died to the other wights getting bran to the tree. it's irrelevant who he was.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It would be a kinda awesome twist if The High Sparrow allows Loras to atone by fighting in Cersei's trial by combat. I really want Clegane bowl but not holding my breath.
Didn't we get confirmation during the offseason that the dude who plays Sandor was seen on set? I think Cleganebowl is for sure a thing. Even more so with Ian McShane's casting and the rumors of his character.

Neph_sl

shitlord
If she does that, and I more than half suspect that she will, she'll make sure Loras bites it first since they're still engaged to be wed. Having both Margaery and Loras killed would be a crushing blow to the Tyrells . Though Loras might kill himself before the rescue attempt anyway. He looked like he was nearly at the end of his rope (no pun intended).
What're the odds that Tommen gets himself killed freeing Margaery, fulfilling the witch's prophecy? If Tommen and Margaery get killed then Cersei is queen again?