GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the way stannis explained it, sounded like he used some dodgy practices to stop his daughter's leprosy. and i dont think he stopped it, but slowed it down to a crawl. she sure as hell didnt look cured. no way jorah gets cured anyhow, dude has been on a redemption arch for two seasons now and it will end with his sacrifice for dany.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If we're able to get back on track away from Dany's anal escapades.

I am once again sitting here perplexed. Was Rickon given to Ramsay for no other reason than to be the vehicle to move Jon/Sansa into action and rally the North (as they need 3k more soldiers and don't know the Vale is coming yet)? Because if so. Sansa has a bit of conviction and I don't even think that was necessary.

Put in jeopardy a character nobody cares about and don't build him up at all! Brilliant!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Was Rickon given to Ramsay for no other reason than to be the vehicle to move Jon/Sansa into action and rally the North (as they need 3k more soldiers and don't know the Vale is coming yet)?
From the lay of the land presently, pretty much.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If we're able to get back on track away from Dany's anal escapades.

I am once again sitting here perplexed. Was Rickon given to Ramsay for no other reason than to be the vehicle to move Jon/Sansa into action and rally the North (as they need 3k more soldiers and don't know the Vale is coming yet)? Because if so. Sansa has a bit of conviction and I don't even think that was necessary.

Put in jeopardy a character nobody cares about and don't build him up at all! Brilliant!
Had the note not mentioned Rickon, but had some other hypothetical info that would rally Jon to action, I thought it would be a pretty cool twist to have that letter actually originate from Sansa herself.

Column_sl

shitlord
Welcome to the world of "R + L = J".
No idea what the fuck that is, and if it has anything to do with something in the books we haven't been told about keep that shit to yourself.

I hate that you possibly confirmed a truth on some aspect of my post. Did you not read the first fucking sentence??

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rickon means more to the north than he does to the audience and since the northern houses dontr seem to give a flying fuck about starks or tradition anymore, then why should we? did rickon even have any lines after ned was killed? dude is just a big nothing, jon was headed there anyway.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No idea what the fuck that is, and if it has anything to do with something in the books we haven't been told about keep that shit to yourself.

I hate that you possibly confirmed a truth on some aspect of my post. Did you not read the first fucking sentence??
If you don't want input don't post on a message board.

Fucking Aspies

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I feel like Rickon is really a missed opportunity. It's a shame he's essentially left out of the story completely.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So people are really bitching Rickons story isnt more fleshed out? Really? lol...

Because what the show needed was yet another useless side story escapade featuring Osha and a prepubescant boy and his loyal dog sidekick as they fetch firewood for Smalljohn Umber for 2 seasons. Yea, definetely.

This show cant win either way. Rickon is family to Sansa and John, what little family they have left. Thats all the weight that character needs. Yea it seemed convenient to the plot but at this point in the show I dont give a fuck they NEED to just fastrack all of the side shit so they can focus on the main narratives as we approach the finishline.

Column_sl

shitlord
You should definitely know who Rhaegar and Lyanna are.
Only thing that has been said in the TV series was Rhaegar kidnapped Neds sister, and raped her...

I didn't even bring up that shit in my theory... That shit was based of what the fire priestess said..

That wouldn't make him a prince anyway....

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So people are really bitching Rickons story isnt more fleshed out? Really? lol...

Because what the show needed was yet another useless side story escapade featuring Osha and a prepubescant boy and his loyal dog sidekick as they fetch firewood for Smalljohn Umber for 2 seasons. Yea, definetely.

This show cant win either way. Rickon is family to Sansa and John, what little family they have left. Thats all the weight that character needs. Yea it seemed convenient to the plot but at this point in the show I dont give a fuck they NEED to just fastrack all of the side shit so they can focus on the main narratives as we approach the finishline.
I meant in general, not just for the show. He's one of the remaining starks, it would be cool if he had ANY purpose besides some plot point to get Jon to siege winterfell, which will probably be episode 10 or whichever one was 69 minutes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am just saying having some strong Sansa acting galvanizing Jon into an effort to rebuild the North and rally the Northern Lords to establish the Starks again would have been more dramatic than a character who never spoke, we haven't seen in 3 seasons and we generally don't give a fuck about being used at all.

Rickon could have just stayed with the Umbers FFS.

That and all the stories are side stories with the looming and undeniable threat of the WW coming to ice rape Westeros. Which even Jon is ignoring at present and also didn't bother mentioning to Sansa at all when he talked about all of his fights he's been in.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
How do you remember this shit?
I dunno. Rickon didn't have a lot of standout moments really. That was one of the few times he actually spoke.

As for Rickon's story, GRRM said he never made him a POV character because he was simply too young for him to be able to write anything through his eyes.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's not in the books don't worry Column
Not one person in this thread full of non book reader has ever brought up this R+L=J theory.

All the sudden I make a post saying based on the fire priestess vision Jon may be Targeryn, and you guys couldn't wait to swoop in with that shit.

So confirm this have you read any flashbacks that have to do with Rhaegar and Lyanna we haven't seen on the TV series yet?

We've only had a couple sentences talking about those two. Once in the Crypt, and once when Robert is talking to Ned.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That and all the stories are side stories with the looming and undeniable threat of the WW coming to ice rape Westeros. Which even Jon is ignoring at present and also didn't bother mentioning to Sansa at all when he talked about all of his fights he's been in.
"I narrowly escaped the mother fucking Nights King while slaying undead with my Valyrian steel blade I also used to kill the best Ranger in the watch as I double-agent'd my way through the wildlings which I have now let through the Wall because of the undead menace"

Would have been something he could have just said. I agree