GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For the record, I was never talking about whether or not they actually got power from their beliefs. I was just saying them being a crazy death cult instead of a business-like assassin's guild is why Jaqen will let Arya go.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's a reach to call the way the faceless men worship the many-faced god a religion. They're a crazy death cult, which is why they do crazy shit like taking in corpses to wear their faces, agreeing to kill an actress on behalf of her jealous understudy, or demanding that Arya give you three people to kill because she saved you and two others from dying.

An assassin's guild is a business and wouldn't do any of that dumb bullshit, which is why they aren't one.
they cant be that much of a crazy death cult as in the show jaqen claims the faceless men founded Braavos and punished arya for killing someone not targeted by FM. the FM serve the MFG, but you gotta also give them all your shit to get them to kill for you.

Siliconemelons

For the record, I was never talking about whether or not they actually got power from their beliefs. I was just saying them being a crazy death cult instead of a business-like assassin's guild is why Jaqen will let Arya go.
Ehh, I don't think he is going to just let her go. I think she will kill the waif and take her face - and either steal a bunch of faces or something - either way it will end with her being out on her own and having the ability to use and maybe make faces from her kills. They didn't all the sudden show us "how" the faces are made for no reason.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
also if the FM put a contract out on someone and they dont deliver, do you get a refund? do you give them all your shit before they kill their target or does that happen after? i would guess you pay the FM now and they eliminate their target no matter what. basically arya wasted her time not killing that woman because she is still as good as dead. probably see her face in the hall and it bums her out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Plot twist. That was Jaqen wearing that woman's face and she's already dead.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So the WW with the little crown formation on his head isn't the Night's King according to Benjen. Wonder what he needs to take form in the world

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That is the NK, you are misinterpreting Benjen's words.

"You must learn to control it, before the Night King comes... One way or another he will find his way to the world of men. When he does, you will be there waiting for him, and you will be ready."

When he says the world of men, he really just means South of the wall.

Unless you think HBO is going for some kind of long-con and misnaming merchandise:Game of Thrones Night King Bust | HBO Shop

Anyone think it's odd that Benjen gave Bran a full cup of rabbit blood to drink, instead of melting some snow by the fire he's already got going?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Oh damn. Nm that makes sense. I was hoping we would get a god taking physical form and fucking everyone up.
There IS a "white walker god", he's called "The Great Other" and is the enemy of Rh'lorr the Lord of Fire, worshipped by the red priests.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think it's a reach to call the way the faceless men worship the many-faced god a religion. They're a crazy death cult, which is why they do crazy shit like taking in corpses to wear their faces, agreeing to kill an actress on behalf of her jealous understudy, or demanding that Arya give you three people to kill because she saved you and two others from dying.

An assassin's guild is a business and wouldn't do any of that dumb bullshit, which is why they aren't one.
You've used crazy death cult for the last 10 pages or so. We get it, you're retarded. Stop beating the same drum.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
The Dothraki feel roughly modeled after the Mongolian Horde. We know what happened when the Mongolian Horde sailed 1000 ships to Japan. I bet the same fate is in store for Dany on her Ironborne ships.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a good chance of that happening, as GRRM draws heavily from historical events. But what would she do after that? Try to conquer Westeros with three dragons?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The Dothraki feel roughly modeled after the Mongolian Horde. We know what happened when the Mongolian Horde sailed 1000 ships to Japan. I bet the same fate is in store for Dany on her Ironborne ships.
yeah it's possible. I feel he already kind of did the mongol thing though when Khal Drogo died, just like when the Mongols were about to conquer Europe, their khan died and they all went home to choose a new khan instead of continuing with the current plan and murdering all the white people.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
trailer for next week showed Bronn.

The way the King's landing stuff played out took me by surprise, and also suddenly SNAP! Remember Ep1? because here's me I'm alive and well.
not sure "alive" and "well" would be the words I used...