GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Obviously Sandor will come back with Meribald as a silent brother who will fight his zombro in ep 9 or 10. The whole Dany shit is just going to be cliffhanger stuff with Euron and his ships. The Night King will follow Bran south of the wall which will then cause a chain of events to transpire that includes Randall Tarly, Jamie, Sam, Brienne, Sansa, Jon, Littlefinger and Ramsay. Whether they show the ultimate showdown at Winterfell this season doesnt really matter, as all of these plot lines have to provide some clarity and there isnt enough time before the season ends.

And I havent even brought up the High Sparrow and the Tyrells Kings Landing shit (other than Cleganbowl). Not only that but the Dorne hoes are queued up somewhere waiting to do....something. When you try and figure all of these angles you start to realize the Dany coming to Westeros thing isnt happening until the last season.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It seems like all the religions have had some proof-in-the-pudding for their Gods except for the 7. Have the 7 ever really manifested themselves? I guess I can't say with 100% certainty the old Gods ever did but I thought they were responsible for the children.
My guess is that the 7 are a construct from the Citadel to remove worship from the other religions. Part of their goal to destroy magic.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I really do believe GRRM isn't writing anything anymore. He's just stealing fan theories.

It's goddamn brilliant. He's basically kickstarting the rest of his books.
He wrote himself into a corner, had no idea how to get out of it, and starting looking at fans theory crafting as a viable way to finish the story. If this weren't the case, we'd have had another book by now. At least some fans had some good ideas that he was willing to steal. Otherwise, we'd have the Star Wars prequels all over again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He wrote himself into a corner, had no idea how to get out of it, and starting looking at fans theory crafting as a viable way to finish the story. If this weren't the case, we'd have had another book by now. At least some fans had some good ideas that he was willing to steal. Otherwise, we'd have the Star Wars prequels all over again.
this may be the case, but GRRM has huge gaps between books

1 A Game of Thrones 704[10] 73 33h 53m August 1996[10]
2 A Clash of Kings 768[11] 70 37h 17m February 1999[11]
3 A Storm of Swords 992[12] 82 47h 37m November 2000[12]
4 A Feast for Crows 753[13] 46 31h 10m November 2005[13]
5 A Dance with Dragons 1056[14] 73 48h 56m July 2011[14]
for comparison, stephen king who wrote the dark tower series and is incredibly prolific, did the same.

The Gunslinger (1982)
The Drawing of the Three (1987)
The Waste Lands (1991)
Wizard and Glass (1997)
Wolves of the Calla (2003)
Song of Susannah (2004)
The Dark Tower (2004)
The Wind Through the Keyhole (2012)
shit takes a long time for these people sometimes because they want to get them right or they just need time to work out plot problems.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So he released his three best books in a 4 year period and then took 11 years to put out two pieces of shit.

Ok.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So he released his three best books in a 4 year period and then took 11 years to put out two pieces of shit.

Ok.
i could be wrong, but those two books started out as one book and for some reason GRRM split them apart. maybe due to them being fucking huge novels or GRRM wanting some breathing room to figure out how the fuck he is going to finish this thing and probably why the fuck he started such an ambitious project in the first place. its been 3 years since i finished the books and back then i thouight there was no fucking way he would be able to finish the series and he sure as hell wasnt going to finish it with 2 more books.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
first 3 books was 1 book, game of thrones, the first book of a planned trilogy. it's just war of the roses, he just took 3 books to finish it. 2nd book was dance of dragons, 3rd book was a time for wolves.

then he decided not to use the 5 year gap he had built up to doing and spent 2 books writing bullshit fluff filler to pass the time instead of just using a montage scene for every single fucking character since they were all written with the plan of having a 5 year gap.

he wasted the dance of dragons title on one of those filler books, which should of covered Dany's invasion and conquering of westeros. A time for wolves became the wolves of winter then became the Winds of winter, but he's still writing bullshit filler and hasn't even gotten to dany's invasion yet. so he'll waste yet another title finishing book 6 which is really just book 2 of the planned trilogy. Book 3 is dragons vs ice elves and the end of the series. probably end up with 9 books to finish this thing.

This is assuming he ever writes a single word in this series which, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
We are def gonna see TWoW in the next couple of years. He's released like a dozen chapters from it to the public, which I would take to mean hes close to being finished. Then again, I'm an optimist. Finishing the series? Ehhhh...

Im no author, but I don't think you release preview chapters unless they're polished and you have much more shit written. I do agree with the notion that the series is too big to be wrapped up in two published books though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Someone mentioned, given the avg book length, that we've already read over 10% of the total book... and I think that was before the latest Aeron chapter was read.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Am I the only one who still loathes Daenerys' story arc? It seems like the writers had no idea where to take her character so they just had her run in circles for 6 seasons.

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't read the books, but I think that's what she does in the books.

She takes Mereen and then relapses into a previous book. She her arc has a figure 8 in it. Which I think in the macro is probably just fine. People's lives aren't lived in a straight line. There is growth, there is regression. But I'd probably be pissed off if I wasted 500 pages reading about such a simple point, too.

Gotta be honest, really don't give a shit about any of the Kings Landing scenes. Just really don't care and I hope that there' nothing actually important going on there... but one of the reasons I don't care is because i'm pretty sure that there isn't. That high sparrow thing is belaboured. I like the actor himself but beyond that... I get it. You lived through the 1980's and Televangelism.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't read the books, but I think that's what she does in the books.

She takes Mereen and then relapses into a previous book. She her arc has a figure 8 in it. Which I think in the macro is probably just fine. People's lives aren't lived in a straight line. There is growth, there is regression. But I'd probably be pissed off if I wasted 500 pages reading about such a simple point, too.

Gotta be honest, really don't give a shit about any of the Kings Landing scenes. Just really don't care and I hope that there' nothing actually important going on there... but one of the reasons I don't care is because i'm pretty sure that there isn't. That high sparrow thing is belaboured. I like the actor himself but beyond that... I get it. You lived through the 1980's and Televangelism.
the king's landing stuff is the meat and potatoes of the whole series. everything revolves around it. why dont you think what goes on there is interesting?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Am I the only one who still loathes Daenerys' story arc? It seems like the writers had no idea where to take her character so they just had her run in circles for 6 seasons.
The story wouldn't suffer if the entire Dany storyline never existed. It does increase the hell out of the female fan base though. When she dies at the end it'll be so worth the wait.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
As much as I'd like to see Dany die and the white walkers win, I dont think itll happen. GRRM only kills characters hes built up as likeable.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think white walkers will prevail in the end. I mean Martin has said the end will be bittersweet not depressing as fuck.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
the king's landing stuff is the meat and potatoes of the whole series. everything revolves around it. why dont you think what goes on there is interesting?
I agree that most of what has happened in KL has been the meat and potatoes of the story, up until the High Sparrow stuff. There is really nothing interesting going on there at the moment. Cersei and Jamie are a waste of great characters at the moment. In fact, Jamie hasn't been that interesting since he and Brienne were together. Tyrion no longer being in KL also has ruined him as the best character in the whole show. He's been absolutely useless for 2 seasons now, after being the most interesting the first 4 seasons. Joffrey, as much as I hated him, was also at least intriguing. KL has gone from the epicenter of the story, to being about as interesting as Detroit.