GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What's more likely? Arya is hallucinating as she goes blind/continuity error? Or the faceless men regularly go around wearing a fucking pile of masks on their faces including ones that they don't actually have access to because reasons?
Faceless men have access to any face they want regardless if it is on the wall or not. They are no one.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So they walk around and just look at a face and have access to it?

Do they need to touch the face first? Get a drop of blood? Can they make up a face they have never seen?

They can do all of this but still cut faces off and store them?

When she asks if she can use a face she is told she isn't ready for it yet, that might have been a good time for a "when you are truly nobody you won't need to use a face, you will be all faces" moment.

GTFO

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I've always assumed Jaqen can just change his face at will. The faces add to the creepy factor and maybe they need to wear it once to gain access or something, or not, it doesn't really matter. It's clearly magical in nature so the method and requirements can be whatever they want it to be. Wasn't he also a black guy back in the early parts of Aarya coming to the house of b&w?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who is that on the left?
8kxLfY7.png

where have we seen that outfit before???

gaEiKbR.png
Haha oh shit please tell me that's just a coincidence.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Haha oh shit please tell me that's just a coincidence.
I am betting shitty wardrobe mixing of generic outfits.

You have like a dozen people in here thinking they are going to do a 10 minute Oceans 11 like reveal of how the heist went off in the next episode. All the moving parts will finally come together on how a girl that can't complete some very basic training and just poison an actress but has 13 different accomplices, a blood bladder tunic, and several faces ....

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So they walk around and just look at a face and have access to it?

Do they need to touch the face first? Get a drop of blood? Can they make up a face they have never seen?

They can do all of this but still cut faces off and store them?

When she asks if she can use a face she is told she isn't ready for it yet, that might have been a good time for a "when you are truly nobody you won't need to use a face, you will be all faces" moment.

GTFO
This is stupid because GRRM has explicitly stated magic in his world is not an X -> Y output scenario. There is not direct do this and magic result will happen. Its supposed to be mysterious and not understood. Which is why applying direct logic to it is fucking dumb. This is also why those questions will never ever be answered and were never intended to be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because the rest of us are not "reading between the lines" and taking the show at value for what it has shown us... we're the mouthbreathers. That wasn't the FM magic that was just TV magic. Duh.

Holy shit I can't believe this is an argument, but here we are. If you want to get technical. The numerous glamours used throughout the series didn't require someone's face to use. So if we theorize that this concept is somewhat consistent in the series then we can accept that their magic lets them become whoever and they collect actual faces for creepy religious reasons.
its not an argument, its your lack of common sense making you strainin to do some splainin. if the actress who plays the waif was dressed up as an old woman it would be much more obvious to arya/the tv audience than it already was that it was a trick. its this kind of shit that brings shows down, you keep building up expectations for some kind of keyser sose reveals and when they dont happen you become disappointed and start to resent the tv show for not living up to your imagined expectactions.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is stupid because GRRM has explicitly stated magic in his world is not an X -> Y output scenario. There is not direct do this and magic result will happen. Its supposed to be mysterious and not understood. Which is why applying direct logic to it is fucking dumb. This is also why those questions will never ever be answered and were never intended to be.
I am not even talking about the magic itself. Any time you have magic then anything is possible.

I am talking about the logic of the show itself and how it is defining things. Is this your first TV show?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay, then Melisandre's glamour, which is the same kind of shit the FM are using, changes her body type entirely from hagbeast to super hottie. Are we saying that's bullshit too?

She also changes seemingly at will with no other blood artifacts or face to wear.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's fine to have things be mysterious. But once you begin establishing a rule, you should still stick to that rule. They've shown faces being lifted from corpses to add to the wall. They're not just decorative, the beginning of that Arya clip shows her returning the one she used to its spot on the wall. Every time Jaqen has changed his face they've shown him physically remove it (as in lifting his hand to his face, it doesn't just morph).

How do they make the masks work? Who knows, they've haven't shown that and it's fine. There's clearly some magic behind it, and to dispute Astro's shit, it clearly affects your entire body, hence the black guy costume. If they start showing scenes that illustrate how these masks are created beyond face removal, then those would be rules they should stick to as well, or it gets even dumber.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Okay, then Melisandre's glamour, which is the same kind of shit the FM are using, changes her body type entirely from hagbeast to super hottie. Are we saying that's bullshit too?

She also changes seemingly at will with no other blood artifacts or face to wear.
lolwut the fuck is this post

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

It makes sense for what she is and for the plot. There is also no defined method to do what she is doing that was already established, like cutting off tits and wearing them like a front pack to glamour people.

This is only just now being discussed with the faceless men as a way to make this convoluted plot work. This far out there heist movie concept.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I will say the amount of retarded theories about the Arya situation is guaranteed more entertaining than whatever we end up seeing next week.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
@TJT
of course, now that you built up a fairly formulaic tv plotline into this advanced ocean's 20 plotline where everything is crafted and calculated. you are going to be bummed on sunday. some advice, just enjoy the show.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do enjoy it. Doesn't mean I don't also enjoy arguing over retarded theories about it also sir!