GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Melisandre's appearance her in her prime?

Cause my god that woman makes my dick burn in ways I didn't know was possible.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Haha oh shit please tell me that's just a coincidence.
This is just something clam-peddlers wear in Braavos. Don't you think Arya would have noticed her doppelganger?

Also, it's possible that "Arya" is really Jaqen in disguise but showing her booking passage home and freaking out would just be a silly way to fool the audience.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Love the people here who have to take the Faceless as fully literal (despite the show showing numerous instances where bodies changed) and can't fathom it means as much about identity as it does actual physical faces.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Honestly, what is your point? Because the body didn't change in this scene, it's strictly about faces? Even though other scenes have shown a changing body? Either way, shit's clearly magical.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This quote from the books kind of eludes to The Faceless Men using glamors that can change more than just their face.

"Mummers change their faces with artifice," the kindly man was saying, "and sorcerers use glamors, weaving light and shadow and desire to make illusions that trick the eye. These arts you shall learn, but what we do here goes deeper. Wise men can see through artifice, and glamors dissolve before sharp eyes, but the face you are about to don will be as true and solid as that face you were born with. Keep your eyes closed."

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
see the body change? yeah, me neither.
Actually yes. Look at the neck when it's the old woman. Look at the neck then in the scene at :10 when "Arya" looks over her shoulder at the waif. From wrinkly to supple. Unless you're gonna argue that the lower neck is part of your face.

Edit: also the hands. Old lady hands until the face pull off scene.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I mean, it's all skin, so in Astro's case his ass is also his face.

Caliane

Gonna quote myself here because I think that we can't ignore the fact that in the blind scene from last season, Jaqen was wearing the Waif's face, which would imply that the Waif is dead and the Faceless Men have her face.

This season however, the Waif wants to kill Arya, so she is obviously alive.

Conclusion: Since the Waif is trying to kill Arya and is therefore not dead, Faceless Men / Jaqen / the Faceless God can take the faces of trainees (Arya and the Waif).
well there is no reason to think the Waif's face or Jaqen's either, are their actual faces, and not dead people faces they use in the first place.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
keep trying, at least i got you guys to stop saying the bodies change. next thing youll be seeing arya steal wun wun's face to kill jon and nobody will notice this 20 foot giant is only 4 ft 11 now

iannis

Musty Nester
well there is no reason to think the Waif's face or Jaqen's either, are their actual faces, and not dead people faces they use in the first place.
There's pretty much every reason to think that they aren't their faces. Like that time the Jaquen pulled the old socrates and Waif turned into Jaquen and told arya "why u mad tho?"

You'd almost think that by calling themselves no one and faceless it's like they don't have personal identities. The have, at best, the identity of their function. It's subtle. I know.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
All of the shit that we and Arya have seen during her training has probably been red herrings. The faceless men's technique is most likely magical in nature, as are so many other things in the world we find out about. Their preservation of the faces in the first place has to be magical if you think about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All of the shit that we and Arya have seen during her training has probably been red herrings. The faceless men's technique is most likely magical in nature, as are so many other things in the world we find out about. Their preservation of the faces in the first place has to be magical if you think about it.
of course its magical/mystical, the faces can also possibly alter skin texture or color, but you aint gonna turn a midget into a giant with it. thats just stupid.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So why did the brotherhood, whom in the show - until now has been fighting for the people...just up and murder the little hippy commune?
The three of them went and got the rest of the band because they recognized Clegane. They didn't give a shit about the hippies. Plus, post Red-Wedding they have obviously gone batshit. They are wanted criminals anyway.

And to further fuck with the Arya clusterfuck - remember that she drank the Kool Aid (no really, suicide juice) She could already BE a faceless, for all we fucking know.

/not speculating

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The three of them went and got the rest of the band because they recognized Clegane.
So they went and got the rest because of Clegane and then proceeded to kill everyone but him? Makes sense...

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Arya used the faces.