GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Was part of Jozu's punishment that new avatar he's sporting? I'm not sure who it is so maybe I'm missing a joke, but I think an Alex Smith avatar would be a more fitting punishment.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Fuck I hate book "purists". Just had a friend call me to bitch about how Stannis sleeping with Melisandre on the painted table is COMPLETELY AGAINST the book stannis's character and that he would never have slept with Melisandre. I wish most of the so-called book purists would fucking read the books with a little bit of reading comprehension before they get all bent out of shape.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
that photographer should be fired, the only one that looks decent is Sophie, the rest looked washed out by light. Either that, or they were sick of getting pictures taken

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuck I hate book "purists". Just had a friend call me to bitch about how Stannis sleeping with Melisandre on the painted table is COMPLETELY AGAINST the book stannis's character and that he would never have slept with Melisandre. I wish most of the so-called book purists would fucking read the books with a little bit of reading comprehension before they get all bent out of shape.
They're fucking stupid because it's a different medium. The Barristan reveal would almost NEVER work on TV (as an example), some of the shit just needs changing to work on TV. And if it's on the show, it's been blessed by GRRM.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Saying everything is 100% GRRM blessed is misleading. Scenes have gone to air he hasn't read (Drogo fight scene) and they've killed off characters he advised them not to (Mago). He said it's "D&D's baby", he writes an episode, reads and advises. He's said he's spoken with D&D about fearing a butterfly effect in the future from all the changes they're making now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah there's zero issue making arya look boyish. She's leaning HARD on her makeup. Once again Sansa is turning out to be a beauty queen and ygritte is so hot in a homely way.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Didn't Stannis sleep with Melisandre in order to generate the vagina spawn in the books?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
iirc she needed some king's semen so it seemed pretty explicit to me.
She did. All of her shit is based upon the more powerful (perception?) the person is the more powerful her spells. Jizz is good, but blood is better. She basically wants to use Roberts 43,918 bastards like nuclear duracells.

I lean towards the "she's being deceived by whatever the Big Bad is, but she thinks she's doing the right thing".

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Goes with the theory Stranger=Drowned God=Fire God=Whatever is in charge of the white walkers

Jait

Molten Core Raider
What do you mean deceived by the big bad?
Because she really, really thinks she's doing the right thing by summoning demons and murdering innocent kids. It's obvious Stannis isn't the chosen one and that sword ain't Lightbringer, but in her chapter she believes it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Pretty sure he wasn't. There were rumors that he had a tail, because everyone was saying he'd been born a monster etc. but then when Cersei went to saw him she was disappointed because he was just a normal baby with odd proportions.
I remember that part but I swore there was another quote by Pycelle or someone that confirmed it, I could be wrong but I'll be searching the internet in the mean time trying to find it.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I always figured Mel was just self deluded. She wants to believe so badly that Stannis is AA and his sword is Lightbringer that she ignores the evidence to the contrary.

Have we heard anything about how she ended up in Westeros with Stannis in the first place? Can't remember, but it might give some insight into the issue.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
mmmmm, Ygritte

rrr_img_20766.jpg