GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I thought the dragon was simply going to BBQ the fleet. Maybe next episode, but why drag it out?
Special effects cost money. Having a dragon fly around roasting an entire fleet is one of those "Big" moments that they know everyone wants to see. As far as her arriving when she did, maybe somebody who was in constant contact sent her a crow? Who knows. I will say that not showing her riding on the back of a dragon while roasting a fleet of ships was very disappointing. You see her walk in, and the best potential scene of the season, fly away behind her.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Going without transition from Edmure being a poor sap that the Blackfish would let die without anyone raising an eyebrow to him being the guy everyone obeys no matter what did not sound very natural to me...

Also, a man does not care for his disciples very much...
He's the rightful Lord of Riverrun (at least pre Red Wedding). He inherited the title after his father (Blackfish's Brother) died. In Edmure's absence, Blackfish was the only Tully left, therefore the men of the castle were honour bound to serve Blackfish, but Edmure's return relegated Blackfish back to "vice president" status

Szlia

I understand that. My problem is the scene with the Lord of Riverrun about to get his throat sliced in front of the castle and no one caring about it. In that scene, it sounds like Edmure has no say on what is going on when in fact he has. I understand that the Fray guys are supposed to be idiots who don't realize they should force Edmure to order the surrender of his troops and I understand that Edmure and even his men don't want to help the Fray realize that, but a line or two from soldiers in the castle bemoaning the Black Fish for his attitude or underlining their allegiance to Edmure would have made the gap between the two scenes less abysmal.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Finally figured out why the House of Black and White ending was bugging me. It was like watching a Mentos commercial.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the preview it showed a phalanx of sorts surrounding/pressing into the wildlings. I couldn't tell the allegiance based on the shield. I'm assuming they're Ramsay's men? Looked like big ass scutum shields though, which I've always loved the design of.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
With the recent writing going the way it is it should hit Monday Night Raw levels shortly.

rrr_img_135782.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, he did die. I seem to remember scenes of his blue corpse sitting on the necro table. Maybe they kept him just baaaarely alive.

The writing has really took a shit without Martin to draw from.
Maybe you should work there.

I enjoyed the "tell a joke" scene. It both showed how Tyrion was afraid to feel very lonely without Varys and allowed two characters with a perma-frown to smile and who does not like a smiling Nathalie Emmanuel?
I feel the same way. It was not a great scene but worth it to see Missandei smiling.

Neph_sl

shitlord
In the preview it showed a phalanx of sorts surrounding/pressing into the wildlings. I couldn't tell the allegiance based on the shield. I'm assuming they're Ramsay's men? Looked like big ass scutum shields though, which I've always loved the design of.
Yeah, the phalanx were probably Boltons. The preview showed the phalanx and then Tormund / Wildlings backing up in terror. Kinda goes back to the fact that Wildlings are brave, but in the end they're basically an angry ill-equipped mob that's going to get slaughtered against a trained army with archer lines and phalanx / shield walls.

That is until Littlefinger rolls in with the Knights of the Vale.

Could be possible that the White Walkers breach the Wall by the end of the episode and episode 10 (titled the Winds of Winter) is about trying to fight back.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can see flayed men on the shield, you can also see what looked to be them fighting on hills of dead corpse? Im curious how much this episode cost to make

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also someone mentioned Varys is loyal to Dany in the books. I could be wrong but isn't Varys trying to seat Aegon?

It's admittedly been awhile since I read DwD.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also someone mentioned Varys is loyal to Dany in the books. I could be wrong but isn't Varys trying to seat Aegon?

It's admittedly been awhile since I read DwD.
My impression was that Varys was grooming Aegon but then decided to scrap that idea when someone better (Dany) came along, although I don't think we quite reached that point in the books.