Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Valyrian Rubber:

giphy.gif

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You ether win at the game are you don't. There is no fair are right there is only winning and losing.
This is literally some of the stupidest shit to ever come out of this thread. That's saying a lot too btw bro. You imply that if Tyrion did nothing, the Slavers wouldn't have attacked them. That negotiating made them attack with more ferociousness that is just, I mean, come the fuck on.

Tyrion had to negotiate to buy time until his Queen's return. This was his goal. Which is exactly what he did. Tywin wanted Jaime to be his heir for the same reason he cared about anything. The image of House Lannister. They even mention this in the show on multiple occasions. Its the reason why he ignored the obvious incest going on despite it being something he would otherwise have recognized. He wanted his handsome glorious knight of a son to be his heir. Not the deformed Imp of House Lannister. This is an outright definitive point of Tywin's character and you're completely ignoring it.

Tyrion even killed Tywin over his blatant hypocrisy (among many other things) of using whores despite "hating" them and giving Tyrion shit over enjoying them.

And about Theon winning. Is being maimed better than being dead and reviled? You be the judge.

Siliconemelons

By the way here is a better Tywin Jamie conversation.

Tywin was set up as being an uber player with that scene and the arya stuff - after that, he just seemed like Cerci to me- do whatever you can to "protect your family" - not your people, or your land, or your constitutes, or even cousins - sorry but that "for the love of my kids!" rational for doing all the horrific things they all have done is not valid and I think a really cheap and stupid reasons - oh cerci your kid can be a total prick, murderer and worst kid king ever - but its okay because he is your son...

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Jesus Siddar, if thats your standard, then Tywin was the biggest failure of any Lannister. He was the Hand of the King that ended the centuries old Targaryen Rule. He had it all lined up, and he let fall apart, scrambling together a last minute betrayal to salvage what he could.

BTW, if you are keeping score, Tywin 0-1 in defending a city as the Hand. Tyrion 2-0. GOAT

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tywin was set up as being an uber player with that scene and the arya stuff - after that, he just seemed like Cerci to me- do whatever you can to "protect your family" - not your people, or your land, or your constitutes, or even cousins - sorry but that "for the love of my kids!" rational for doing all the horrific things they all have done is not valid and I think a really cheap and stupid reasons - oh cerci your kid can be a total prick, murderer and worst kid king ever - but its okay because he is your son...
I never got the feeling Cersei approved of Joff's actions but she was mostly powerless to modify them. She just never stopped loving him despite him turning into a monster which is a common characteristic even in the real world.

khalid

Unelected Mod
She just never stopped loving him despite him turning into a monster which is a common characteristic even in the real world.
She didn't just continue loving him when he "turned into a monster". She had a great deal to do with him turning into a monster in the first place. She encouraged his megalomania directly and enabled many of his horrible acts. She in almost every way acted to turn him into more of a monster.

Siliconemelons

She didn't just continue loving him when he "turned into a monster". She had a great deal to do with him turning into a monster in the first place. She encouraged his megalomania directly and enabled many of his horrible acts. She in almost every way acted to turn him into more of a monster.
Yup, nurture has nothing to do with it, its all just his natural nature! he couldn't help it... wait... what way is the PC way now days nature or nurture .. oh neither! yeah neither have an effect on how people turn out... The lannisters are just power hungry rich folk that care nothing for anyone but themselves and abuse their power, money and people. They don't care that they installed joffery to be king, they just wanted the power that came with it and being able to use him for that power.

Cersei actually liked having Joffery on the throne because she was able to manipulate and use him more so than Tomm, she is not proud of her kids and their positions - they are terribad rulers and leaders that care nothing for their people - the hammering home of "for your family" and not "for the greater good and your people" is WHY tommen was able to be pussy whipped WITHOUT PUSSY - She is his wife, she is now his family and the closest one to him now... so their idiotic self serving "us only" has swapped when tomm now identifies Marg and him as "us" more so than ol Ma. And yes, that's allowing him to be manipulated by Marg and the tyrells and the high sparrow... However if they raised him to be a good ruler, one for his people and their well being and selflessness - he would be MORE immune from this manipulation , however because of the ingrained selfishness and family first model, he is more susceptible to it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could argue the same for super rich people and their terrible offspring on instagram. Cersei was overly soft of Joff and it was for the worst (Joff also clearly had the pre-disposition since Tommen turned out OK) but that isn't too far off from actual real-life child rearing for people who were also brought up soft. Granted the instagram people aren't shooting hookers with their bow and arrow (maybe?) for fun but obviously the fiction wouldn't be fun to just have Joff get selfie paintings and talk about how poor people are lazy.

I'm not arguing Cersei here isn't to blame for Joff since the nurture aspect had a collision with Joff's nature aspect to make a vile child. But I wouldn't paint Cersei as pure evil for raising Joff in that fashion.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Dany are in talks for their next season salary increase so i doubt we'll see Cersei die in the finale .

Spoilers for Season 7