GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
After binge watching seasons 1-6 in the span of two weeks ive come to the conclusion this show is soap opera for men. Also the whole three eyed raven stuff is retarded and should of been cut.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
These wild theories have their basis in VERY little though. Hence the Autism. While I agree that the preview chapter is building up Euron in the post-Bolton/High Sparrow arc of conflict. The show has not decided to do that yet really and will probably have to do that next season.

But this isn't the first time they've completely abandoned various story arcs so there's really no way to tell. The only thing I am truly worried about for seasons 7 is how they handle the Cersei situation. I am unable to suspend my disbelief that she is able to hold claim to the Iron Throne with just House Lannister. Being able to gather support from any of the houses whose members she's openly murdered would be damn bad writing. Cersei being able to resist the combined efforts of Greyjoy/Danaerys/Tyrell/Martel is just not believable at all.

So I hope they find a way to handle that elegantly.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Are you saying the Sept of Baelor bombing was a flase flag run by the Tyrells?
Of course not.

Run by an evil cabal formed by The Sand Snakes and Hot Pie with the financial backing of the Iron Bank of Braavos? Absolutely.

Muurloen

Of course not.

Run by an evil cabal formed by The Sand Snakes and Hot Pie with the financial backing of the Iron Bank of Braavos? Absolutely.
Ser you are wrong. The blowing up of The Sept of Baelor was an inside job.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Nah you're not looking at it right. Cersei took out an insurance policy on the Sept the week before and will be buying up sellsword armies with the payout to defend her throne.

Royal

Ser you are wrong. The blowing up of The Sept of Baelor was an inside job.
Hot Pie's reach is long and he compromised some of those loyal to the establishment long ago. Who do you think supplies Qyburn with his toddler controlling candies? As highly regarded as he is for his baking abilities it's a little known fact that Hot Pie is the most gifted confectioner in all of Westeros.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But this isn't the first time they've completely abandoned various story arcs so there's really no way to tell. The only thing I am truly worried about for seasons 7 is how they handle the Cersei situation. I am unable to suspend my disbelief that she is able to hold claim to the Iron Throne with just House Lannister. Being able to gather support from any of the houses whose members she's openly murdered would be damn bad writing. Cersei being able to resist the combined efforts of Greyjoy/Danaerys/Tyrell/Martel is just not believable at all..
Well she's pretty much lost it. As far as the wildfire explosion goes though, nobody can really prove it was her. It might be an open secret like Jaime being the father of her children but either way she was able to take the throne because nobody was there to oppose her. Daenerys absolutely has to face some kind of disaster, betrayal, or unexpected opposition because otherwise she can just steamroll everyone in the south even without the help of two and a half great houses. Cersei can probably force some sort of standoff by holding the city hostage under threat of setting off the rest of the wildfire, iirc Bran's vision showed a lot more than just the Sept blowing up.

I'm curious as to what exactly happens with Jaime. I can't imagine they'll just throw away his pseudo-redemption arc by having him stay as Cersei's pet, especially once he realizes that she is effectively responsible for the death of his last son. He'll probably stay in King's Landing, but it would be interesting if, as the rightful lord of House Lannister, he marches any Lannister men at arms out of King's Landing back to Casterly Rock and tells her to go pound sand, or even publicly denounces her. I'm betting he just stays in King's Landing and kills her, although it's still not impossible that Tyrion is the one who kills her.

Muurloen

Hot Pie's reach is long and he compromised some of those loyal to the establishment long ago. Who do you think supplies Qyburn with his toddler controlling candies? As highly regarded as he is for his baking abilities it's a little known fact that Hot Pie is the most gifted confectioner in all of Westeros.
I disagree, Ser. The wildfire bombing was performed by the "moderate" followers Faith of the Seven that lost their place of worship to the Faith Militant.

Royal

I disagree, Ser. The wildfire bombing was performed by the "moderate" followers Faith of the Seven that lost their place of worship to the Faith Militant.
You are clearly deluded by the deception spun by the cabal. The religious zealots forbade fashioning any baked goods in the form of a sentient creature as blasphemous to The Seven, denying the kingdom the delicious glory that is wolf bread. For this they had to be destroyed root and stem.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well she's pretty much lost it. As far as the wildfire explosion goes though, nobody can really prove it was her.
This would make sense of Olenna didn't say outright that House Lannister has declared war on House Tyrell and House Martel. I suppose that you can argue that this was a figure of speech and she was just inferring that because of the bombing.

But I'm going to go with the simplicity of the statement and Cersei did actually declare war on their houses.