GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I still have yet to watch the second half and never will.
If you really want BSG to be still good, the last scene you watch is the one where they stand on nuclear-devastated "Cylon Earth". That's it. End of show. Depressing, but not infuriating.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Reports that S7 will debut later in the year than the previous seasons because shooting has been delayed for more access to colder weather and darker skies. That could be offset though if they end up going with the abbreviated seasons.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wasn't long after that^ announcement that there was a rumor about the next book finally being released in January 2017. i got the feeling that HBO was also delaying the next season in hopes of being able to work more off of the book. just a guess based on a rumor, tho.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My prediction is that Roose will return riding alongside the Night Lord.

Also Melisandre will Rez Walder Frey.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wasn't long after that^ announcement that there was a rumor about the next book finally being released in January 2017. i got the feeling that HBO was also delaying the next season in hopes of being able to work more off of the book. just a guess based on a rumor, tho.
I'd assume filming would be already done, although now that I think about it, HBO would likely get to view finished manuscript of the book. Would be interesting to know how much this past season covered, and whether any story lines are already into Book 7.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'd assume filming would be already done, although now that I think about it, HBO would likely get to view finished manuscript of the book. Would be interesting to know how much this past season covered, and whether any story lines are already into Book 7.
lol.

A: HBO already had the manuscript, what little there was.
B: Season 6 already covered pretty much all of winds, for the characters on the show. I'd wager that everyone, except perhaps Sam, is well into book 7.
C: They are delaying the start of shooting, because they need colder climates to shoot against is valid
D: Despite the season being shorter (7 episodes vs 10), the production is so massive at this point, it will take just as long to film those 7 as it did to film 10 in previous seasons. As an example, The battle of the Bastards, not the episode, just the actual battle, about 18 minutes of episode 9? Took 24 days to film. As we're now in the stories conclusion expect less "2 characters sitting around dialoguing filling up space" and more shit getting done.
E: As such, I expect them to film for 7-8 months like they have for every season so far. They usually start in July and end around February or so, then post production, editing and cgi etc, continues until the individual show airs. If they wait until say, September to begin shooting, then I expect the show to be delayed until June or July

Xevy

Log Wizard
lol.

B: Season 6 already covered pretty much all of winds, for the characters on the show. I'd wager that everyone, except perhaps Sam, is well into book 7.
C: They are delaying the start of shooting, because they need colder climates to shoot against is valid
D: Despite the season being shorter (7 episodes vs 10), the production is so massive at this point, it will take just as long to film those 7 as it did to film 10 in previous seasons. As an example, The battle of the Bastards, not the episode, just the actual battle, about 18 minutes of episode 9? Took 24 days to film. As we're now in the stories conclusion expect less "2 characters sitting around dialoguing filling up space" and more shit getting done.
E: As such, I expect them to film for 7-8 months like they have for every season so far. They usually start in July and end around February or so, then post production, editing and cgi etc, continues until the individual show airs. If they wait until say, September to begin shooting, then I expect the show to be delayed until June or July
Autism

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol.

agree with this.

I don't even think the books are that relevant at this point. They can just deliver a classic Hollywood ending with some bittersweet twists. GRRM built up the world and the plot, they just need to finish it. The last season was the best IMO, and I can't help but think GRRM's lack of direction was partially responsible for it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Last two episodes were some of their best ever, but rest of the season was a real mixed bag with some genuinely face-palmy writing and directing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought Season 4 was the best overall season. Season 6 was terrible, although it ended on a really high note with Eps 9 and 10.

And obviously the single greatest 15 seconds of the entire series was Rosabell Laurenti Sellers' tits in Season 5.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol.

To be clear, I was saying I thought filming could be done by January. If they have to wait that long for more "wintery" weather, I could see it taking longer. Hoping for only delay until June, July would be fucking torture.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope GRRM dies and then some inexplicably complex but legitimate lawsuit from the heir of the IP ties up the remainder of the tv series so long that HBO just says fuck it.

Make both sides cry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
agree with this.

I don't even think the books are that relevant at this point. They can just deliver a classic Hollywood ending with some bittersweet twists. GRRM built up the world and the plot, they just need to finish it. The last season was the best IMO, and I can't help but think GRRM's lack of direction was partially responsible for it.
Episodes 9 (for entertainment reasons, the writing was still dumb as fuck) and 10 were great, the rest of the season was pretty shitty man. The writing and dialogue have tanked hard since season 4.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
agree with this.

Is this a shitpost? Cause well done if it is.

spronk

FPS noob
well, its official season 7 will be broken into two halves, the first half will air 3 months later than usual (summer 2017 instead of april) and be only 7 episodes long. they don't mention when part 2 will air, probably 1 year later
frown.png

GAME OF THRONES TO BEGIN PRODUCTION ON SEASON SEVEN THIS SUMMER - HBO Cinemax PR - Medium

I guess more winter will be involved, since one of the reasons for later airing is so they can film more in winter in ireland