GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I agree with that. Breaking Bad is probably the best out of the 3 shows, but GoT has a following of both of those combined
Hm I actually preferred Mad Men to BB. I found BB a tad repetitive. I suppose maybe you could argue the same for Mad Men and I just didn't see it with Mad Men since I watched it as it came out versus Breaking Bad which I watched after it had already finished.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was rustled when he hinted Breaking Bad wasn't as good as Mad Men. Like a vigilante anti-hero meth murderer is less entertaining than 1960's Entourage.
Ha, agreed - though The Wire is better than all of them.

GOT though is a different animal altogether - probably the worst of those 4 series, which isn't surprising that it's far and away the most popular dramatic show (maybe ever??)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The Wire is cool. But I cringe when they talk about technology, cloning computers and phones etc.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So.. next season do we get a zombie Hodor holding open a door for the undead horde to pour through?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I guess because they're releasing the next season so late, the blu-ray copies of this last season are being released a lot earlier than normal (usually March).

ZAixYp3.png

iannis

Musty Nester
People who think Breaking Bad was a good show are just forgetting that 1/2 of it was Skylar and 1/3 of it was eating cereal. People like to call that pacing and context, but it was just filler. I dare you to rewatch it and not skip any scenes. It's not that the entire run was bad. Season 4 of BB was solidly top notch. 1 and 2 were solidly terrible. 3 and 5 had some very good episodes in them.

You can rewatch The Wire and not skip anything, you can do the same for Mad Men. You can't do that for Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. That's a relevant metric when you're talking about an entire series rather than individual internal arcs or episodes.

And if we just judge things by ratings, well Trump beats all four of them.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Filler is in the eye of the beholder. Half of Mad Men consists of Draper staring at someone/something longingly. It is what it is. I maintain that Skylar got a bad rap from the internet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mad Men is a soap opera that people nutted all over because it was set in the 1960's and they all look so dapper. Boring as fuck show.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
1/2 of breaking bad was not Skylar. ALL of season 3 was Skylar, and Walt Jr eating cereal. That season sucked. Everything else was great.

I almost stopped watching the show during season 3 though. They did a great job of making me hate every. single. character. Especially Skylar. To the point that I almost gave up on it completely.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll see your Skylar and raise you Don Draper inability to keep his dick in his pants.

Joking aside, I'll fully admit the Skylar was much more annoying than Don Draper. But Breaking Bad was much more exciting Mad Men outside of those two characters. Advertising...yay? I don't know why Don's refusal to develop bothered me so much. But after the 5th season, a second ruined marriage, and lots of infidelity, it kind of felt like the show was just repeating itself. Stopped watching it then.

Tenks

I always kind of liked that Don was the guy you were always kind of rooting for to change his life and turn it around instead of being a sleaze but never could get out of his own way. And then also watching the other characters get a moderate amount of success and follow exactly in Don's footsteps.

Its like if we watched Khane's life as a drama. We'd be like "Come on Khane she's a good girl and really good for you! Who cares if she won't suck your dick after you've put it in her butt? Its not a big deal!" Two episodes later "This isn't working out."

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I watched all of BB. I didn't get past the first episode of Mad Men. BB is the clear winner for me in this debate...in the GoT thread.

Sterling

El Presidente
As long as we can all agree that Deadwood was better than all of these shows we're in good shape.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

As long as we can all agree that Deadwood was better than all of these shows we're in good shape.
I don't see why you need to assign a "best" to one. I enjoyed BB, MM, GoT, Deadwood. I don't need to figure out which one I liked more. I was entertained by all.