GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know, did you call him up Araysar and tell him about dragons? The world wants to know.
no clue what you are rambling about with the warging thing. Bran was warging through a weirwood, NK grabbed him. not sure what the problem you have with that is?

And we know he can't pass the wall because the books and TV show has told us this repeatedly.

Ya know this was kinda fun when you were just blubbering about like an idiot rather than admitting you were wrong. Now you are going all astrochuk and just spouting shit, clearly indicating you're not even watching the show.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually this was brought up during the 2 days we lost when the server died. It wasn't the Night King it was just a regular walker's ice aura putting out a fire so that he could enter the hut and fight Jon. The wights themselves auto-die to any fire, normal or otherwise but the walkers can use ice magic to extinguish incidental flames so that it doesn't kill them. If you built a wall of fire to block the undead hordes, the wights would die unless the walkers commanded them to hold position, but the walkers themselves might be able to carve out a small path through the flames using their ice magic.

It's mostly irrelevant though, dragon fire and fire magic is far stronger than regular flame, they have no defense against this. if you are a show only guy you may have missed this with the way they mismanaged the Qarth scenes from season 2. But even 2 week old hatchling dragon fire overpowers illusion, necromancy, prophecy, transmutation, etc magic. In the show it's just the baby dragons setting the warlock dude on fire and that's how dany escapes, but in the novels the house of the undying are these "Chronicles of Riddick" style ancient quasi-holy-half-dead spirit things and they get wrecked just the same by baby drogon solo. It also goes in to great detail about how the dragons are the source of fire magic and fire magic trumping everything else and how magic has finally returned to the world, etc etc. instead in the show you just get angry dany "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS" lol drama.

lol I don't blame you for not reading it, it was just more of the same, you getting owned just as you have the rest of this discussion.

But but but. Maybe the Night King has a level of ice magic above his Walker LT's that can even withstand dragon fire. DEM? or simply Night King is powerful and can do lots of shit...not all of which we've seen yet.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
But but but. Maybe the Night King has a level of ice magic above his Walker LT's that can even withstand dragon fire. DEM? or simply Night King is powerful and can do lots of shit...not all of which we've seen yet.
/shrug. been over this a bunch, kinda repeating myself here. Yeah I hope he pulls something out of his ass to defend against the dragons, yeah that's DEM. So far in the story we're lead to believe that fire magic > all others, dragons are pure fire made flesh, the source of fire magic, their breath is the hottest fire there is, and ice has no defense against them. If the Night King is the most powerful ice wizard there is, the dragons are the most powerful fire things there is. I would assume that the dragons can far more easily counter any ice shit he can use (blizzards or winter cold or whatever) than he can counter their flames.

His LT's can't even counter weapons imbued with fire magic. We've seen what, 3 of them insta-die to volcanic glass and valyrian steel. If they had defenses against fire magic you'd expect them to show something, anything, by now. He's more powerful sure, i'd expect him to be able to go-go-gadget up some kind of Ice shield to defend himself against obsidian arrow heads and maybe not instantly die if struck by Valyrian steel blade, but the dragons are orders of magnitude more powerful than these weapons and these weapons alone won the last war of the dawn. They've never faced the source of their antithesis before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
And we know he can't pass the wall because the books and TV show has told us this repeatedly.

trump-wrong.gif

he can pass the wall. and he will now that he marked Bran. Just like he was able to enter the weirwood tree.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they had defenses against fire magic you'd expect them to show something, anything, by now.

But...without the dragon's glass or valyrian steel, how would any of the Night's Watch survived so far without the dragons? Another DEM?

Seems weird to consider any new power the Night King might show (despite obvious facts that he's powerful as shit, temperature lowers whenever they are close, etc) a DEM out of nowhere. Elaborate fully, if you don't mind.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know, did you call him up Araysar and tell him about dragons? The world wants to know.
no clue what you are rambling about with the warging thing. Bran was warging through a weirwood, NK grabbed him. not sure what the problem you have with that is?

Um nobody else could see Bran during the visions, but NK not only saw him but grabbed him and that had an affect in the real world. How the fuck do you just ignore that, but then extrapolate so much retarded shit about dragons that you just pull out of your ass?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anything, the fact that we keep seeing new things from the NK means anything he "pulls out his ass" is most definitely not DEM. It has been thoroughly shown within the show that every time he's on screen, he's doing something new. Him -not- having other shit up his sleeve would be the real head scratcher, not him having something that could potentially counter the dragons.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, Mel has nice titties and the costumes are pretty cool too. But ok, one of the three best things.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If anything, the fact that we keep seeing new things from the NK means anything he "pulls out his ass" is most definitely not DEM. It has been thoroughly shown within the show that every time he's on screen, he's doing something new. Him -not- having other shit up his sleeve would be the real head scratcher, not him having something that could potentially counter the dragons.

For something to be DEM, it has to come out of nowhere and wrap up the plot. This doesn't come out of nowhere and would actually further the plot, proving he doesn't even know what the hell DEM is.

He actually thinks the White Walkers are just going to stand around and be annihilated while everyone else just shrugs their shoulders and it all just ends.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
let me tell you about the fire strafing capabilities of a 100 ton dragon, their group perfomance as a squadron and and the flight aerodynamics of each airframe

i pulled it straight out of my ass

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
As a Wildlife Biologist specializing in Reptiles and Large Predators, I can field all your real dragon questions. As an Autist with Reddit Confidence Syndrome, Sylas can also field your questions about anything that ever existed ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
As a Wildlife Biologist specializing in Reptiles and Large Predators, I can field all your real dragon questions. As an Autist with Reddit Confidence Syndrome, Sylas can also field your questions about anything that ever existed ever.

how many reptiles do you know that have wings?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
trump-wrong.gif

he can pass the wall. and he will now that he marked Bran. Just like he was able to enter the weirwood tree.
thanks for this astro

For something to be DEM, it has to come out of nowhere and wrap up the plot. This doesn't come out of nowhere and would actually further the plot, proving he doesn't even know what the hell DEM is.

He actually thinks the White Walkers are just going to stand around and be annihilated while everyone else just shrugs their shoulders and it all just ends.
no it has to come out of no where (Check) and get the character out of an otherwise impossible situation (Check). so textbook definition of DEM (check).

You actually think the white walkers have a choice in the matter. They can't attack the dragons, can't defend against them, and can't out run them. What they do is irrelevant whether they stand there or flee.

Here's how the fight would go, dragons vs white walkers:
"hey, anyone hear that?" -in white walker language or high pitched hissing
"what?"
"sounded like something screeching. far away. not sure what it was"
looks up "What the..."
And they are all dead. Fin

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was originally used to describe the very common method of shitty play writers resolving issues in their plays in ancient greece. During the 3rd act when shit was all FUBAR, they would use a series of ropes and pulleys (the machine) to lower an actor on to the stage dressed as Zeus or Poseidon or whatever deity had particular influence over whatever the circumstances happened to be for that play, the god would wave his magic wand and fix or correct whatever blunder the protagonists found themselves in, and the play would end.

Your very own post claimed it would resolve the plot and end the story. Now you're claiming your definition isn't even accurate, yet you still attempt to mock people for not knowing what DEM is.

iannis

Musty Nester
Those ancient plays probably grew out of religious ceremonies. So the whole DEM thing, while it seems like shitty playwriting to us, probably served a valid community binding purpose and appeased the old men who were watching their entire world GO TO FUCKING HELL BECAUSE THESE FUCKING KIDS DON'T EVEN SACRIFICE TO ZEUS ANYMORE.