GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know we can say it's unpredictable but without just throwing in some magic shit that changes everything (which would be gay), how else does it play out?

I feel like Euron needs a bigger purpose. Maybe the books are just clouding my judgement since he seemed much more important in the source than the show. But right now he really has no purpose for existence outside of the reason to kick Theon and Yarra out of home. It has been established Euron has traveled a ton so it isn't completely off the wall to think he heard some rumors about a dragon horn and that is the introduction. If the dragons are as powerful as you're saying there is literally nothing Euron could do to help Cersei. Give her Highgarden? Who cares more dragon food. Give her Dorn? Who cares more dragon food. There needs to be something to balance the scales away from Dany.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
North better equipped at supported people during Winter, this has been beat into our heads since forever, Jon even mentions it to Sansa when they're walking the wall and he kind of laughs at the idea of a Southern army doing jack shit when winter arrives.

Also, did you miss the part where Sam finds the shit about Dragonstone having a mountain of dragon glass and sends word to Jon about it? Obviously partial plot device for Jon to go meet Dany, but also big enough supply to outfit everyone, no?

Book version of Dragonstone the entire castle was made out of Dragonglass. There'll be plenty there.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
They haven't mentioned the dragon horn stuff at all in the show, and that always seemed like total faggotry to me. Dragons aren't dumb animals, they follow who they want to follow for reasons. It also seems very "lol u thought she'd win fgt" to just have one of them suddenly switch sides. I think it's going to play out exactly like we always thought it'd play out.

1. Daenerys is going to wtfpwn the Lannisters and the Tyrells and whoever else and take control of the iron throne.
  2. The Starks and the North fight a desperate action against the undead.
  3. Daenerys comes north to unify her kingdom and saves the day vs the undead with the fire part of the song of ice and fire.
  4. Daenerys through Bran realizes that Jon is her... nephew?
  5. Marries Jon to keep the Targ line.
  6. End
I'd be really surprised if this works out any way other than that basic outline.
While I agree with this i also feel as though it is too clean, too neat and lacks GRRM "Oh you like that character? FUCK YOU!" So while I agree it is very likely to happen, I am going in to it with eyes wide open and will not be surprised by a knife in the back and Little Finger marrying Dany.

Also, was the prisoner that scared Sam someone of consequence? Was I supposed to know that face profile?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

While i agree with this i also feel as though it is too clean, too neat and lacks GRRM "Oh you like that character? FUCK YOU!" So while I agree it is very likely to happen, I am going in to it with eyes wide open and will not be surprised by a knife in the back and Little Finger marrying Dany.

Also, was the prisoner that scared Sam someone of consequence? Was I supposed to know that face profile?

It was Jorah. Remember Dany sent him on a quest to cure his grayscale.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was under the impression that book version dragons were intelligent beasts. But still beasts and Valyria used binding horns and shit to tame them.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think that scene is the beginning of the end for his love of his sister, though. He was, "The fuck is wrong with you, bitch?" during their entire conversation.

The inevitable Jaime face turn being slowly set up. You just know at some point in the final confrontation the face turn will have happened and Jim Ross will be like "Bwwwaahh gawwwd, that's Jaime Lannister's music!!!!"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
While i agree with this i also feel as though it is too clean, too neat and lacks GRRM "Oh you like that character? FUCK YOU!" So while I agree it is very likely to happen, I am going in to it with eyes wide open and will not be surprised by a knife in the back and Little Finger marrying Dany.

That was Jorah.

But really, GRRM hasn't killed any of his trinity; Jon Dany and Tyrion are on his original outlines as the heroes. Everyone else is expendable and Cersei and Jamie are probably next.

Euron to me is a red shirt who exists to get BBQ'd in a fun scene.

• 1Like

Merrith

That was Jorah.

But really, GRRM hasn't killed any of his trinity; Jon Dany and Tyrion are on his original outlines as the heroes. Everyone else is expendable and Cersei and Jamie are probably next.

I think Euron is the new big bad set up to replace Ramsey. Have been reading rumors we will come to hate someone more than Ramsey and I think he'll be it. That makes me think he's likely to find and kill someone major for Cersei or bring them back to her. Not sure if Tyrion is really in play though, somehow I think he makes it through everything.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think Euron is the new big bad set up to replace Ramsey. Have been reading rumors we will come to hate someone more than Ramsey and I think he'll be it. That makes me think he's likely to find and kill someone major for Cersei or bring them back to her. Not sure if Tyrion is really in play though, somehow I think he makes it through everything.

Jon Dany and Tyrion have plot armor as much as any character has ever had plot armor.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That was Jorah.

Eruon's totally going to get BBQ'd. I'd like to think that Euron is the one who shows the world that magic is real and a force once again before he does. He's clearly the last human villain before all eyes are on the Night King.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I don't see how they can't kill Dany. She's the queen of the Dothraki, queen of however many cities in Essos, and she's certainly going to conquer westeros, barring some ridiculous dragon horn bullshit. Once that's done, if anyone pisses her off,ever, she'll fucking conquer them too and her track record bears it out. Her character is way too powerful.

Whether they do or don't kill her though, I'll bet there will be lots more great camera shots of her looking stoic and determined.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Jon Dany and Tyrion have plot armor as much as any character has ever had plot armor.

Right, as far as GETTING to the end battle goes. I think it's likely one of Jon/Dany bite it at that point, though.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Whether they do or don't kill her though, I'll bet there will be lots more great camera shots of her looking stoic and determined.
That's just Jeremy Podeswa and Greg Middleton doing their Micheal Bay tributes. They both do that shit a lot.

• 1Picard

Tenks

Tyrion can pretty easily die. He hasn't had a purpose for a while. If Euron slaughters Tyrion I could see fans hating on Euron pretty hard.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Does Olenna really hold any value though if he kidnaps her?

Shes the only living member (In theory) of one of t he 7 Great houses. She is very valuable. Take her captive and you can bend the will of her armies, or at least remove family in open rebellion and broker a truce with the Tarlys a la roose Bolton.

The battle lines are Currently

Team Targ
Unsullied (Several thousand of the best fighters)
Dothraki (the largest single army)
Part of Iron Born (100 ships?)
Sand Snakes and Dorne (No Clue)
Tyrells (The 2nd Largest Army unless they lost a ton, they were on par with Lannisters pre War)

Team Snow
A Few Hundred Remaining Wildlings
The remaining Northern army which is decimated after a long war and then a civil war with the Boltons.
Several Thousand Knights of the Vale (Smaller Army in numbers than some of the others, but said to be possibly the best trained army of the 7 Kingdoms who have suffered limited to no war losses.)

Team Cersei
Lannister Army (Wracked by non stop war)
Frey and Riverlands Army - Has some numbers having not fought in a battle, but NO leadership and the house is lacking a single male heir
Iron Born - Minus 100 ships that Yara stole

Team Baratheon and the Stormlands - MIA (Assume allegiance to King Tommens only living heir, and new Queen?

The numbers are way in Danys favor. Even if the North joined Cersei she will never have the numbers.

BUT....Keep the North and Vale from aligning with Dany, and remove the head of the Tyrells and bring them onto Team Cersei, and things even out.

Tenks

I get Olenna has a certain amount of value but I don't think the entire region would bend over for Cersei if she captured her. She cannot reproduce anymore AND she's a female. In terms of actual strategic bloodline value she is worthless. During the early seasons Robb refused to trade Jamie for his two sisters I don't think all of Highgarden would go crazy their old crone is gone.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tyrion can pretty easily die. He hasn't had a purpose for a while. If Euron slaughters Tyrion I could see fans hating on Euron pretty hard.

At this point the only effective ways to become the ultimate Villian to fans are IMHO

Kill Tyrion
Rape Dany (no way she gets killed, and I doubt they would even let her get raped)
Rape Arya (Not going to happen)
Rape Sansa (been there done that)
Kill Bronn (Same team)

I would have said Kill Ghost but thats off the board.

I dont think there is any chance he gets his hands on tyrion, and the rest arent happening. Meaning we will get something in place that isnt as effective. He will crush Yaras Armada and take her and Theon. Probably kill them in front of Cersei to show loyalty....but no one will really care.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I get Olenna has a certain amount of value but I don't think the entire region would bend over for Cersei if she captured her. She cannot reproduce anymore AND she's a female. In terms of actual strategic bloodline value she is worthless. During the early seasons Robb refused to trade Jamie for his two sisters I don't think all of Highgarden would go crazy their old crone is gone.

Ok. So capture her and kill her. Then raise Tarly to great house and he abandons the cauase and joins cersei. Great value in killing her then.