GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Four Theories on Euron's Gift
1. Dragon Binding Horn-
Daenerys' army is too strong right now. They need some sort of plot device to even up the score and give her enemy's a fighting chance. A horn that could turn the dragons against their own army or bring them crashing to the ground would make Cersei and Euron a force to be reckoned with. Strength, this is the best gift.
2. Tyrion Lannister- Cersei hates Tyrion more than any other living person. Removing his counsel from Daenerys would also be a big blow. Emotionally and strategically, this is the best gift to win Cersei over.
3. Olenna Tyrell- The Tyrell's still control the food, a large army, and are one of the richest families. Politically, she is the best gift.
4. Sand Snakes- They killed her daughter, they command a very powerful kingdom of warriors that want to burn house Lannister to the ground. This one seems far-fetched, because even if you remove the Dorne piece off the chess board, you still have 3 to 4 other pieces that are more threatening than them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i'm surprised more hasn't been made of the necromancer guy, like it would seem obvious that cersei wants him to make her own army of the dead and that shit will backfire hard when the night king walks in and reclaims them all.

i really, really, really look forward to how exactly the red keep gets its roof trashed and snow is falling in it, we've seen that vision now from both bran and dany. Just hope its this season and not next.

From the show's perspective the process of reanimating Gregor into his current state took like a year. I think magic needs to be weird like that. Otherwise it just gets meh.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Was the reanimation of Gregor not less magic and more alchemy / pseudo medicine?

Personally, I wanna see the damn dragon horn and valerian steel armor. And Victarion, but whatever that's not happening. Shit, should I have spoilered that part?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Read the thread title retard

The episode descriptions are always vague enough to be open to interpretation. That little bit is no different. People openly discussing specifics shown in the trailers is closer to a spoiler than that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Maybe Cersei is just like a foreshadowing for Dany where she'll be queen of ashes and lose all her children in the process

Faltigoth

Four Theories on Euron's Gift
1. Dragon Binding Horn-
Daenerys' army is too strong right now. They need some sort of plot device to even up the score and give her enemy's a fighting chance. A horn that could turn the dragons against their own army or bring them crashing to the ground would make Cersei and Euron a force to be reckoned with. Strength, this is the best gift.
2. Tyrion Lannister- Cersei hates Tyrion more than any other living person. Removing his counsel from Daenerys would also be a big blow. Emotionally and strategically, this is the best gift to win Cersei over.
3. Olenna Tyrell- The Tyrell's still control the food, a large army, and are one of the richest families. Politically, she is the best gift.
4. Sand Snakes- They killed her daughter, they command a very powerful kingdom of warriors that want to burn house Lannister to the ground. This one seems far-fetched, because even if you remove the Dorne piece off the chess board, you still have 3 to 4 other pieces that are more threatening than them.

I think he might go for Tyrell - without the Tyrells, the Lannisters are pretty much fucked no matter what else happens. Though Tyrion makes more sense in light of their conversation in the throne room.

I am wondering if they are even going to put up a real fight - unless they somehow manage to secure all of Dorne and Highgarden's men and material, the Lannisters have pretty much nothing, as Jaime pointed out. They may end up being a speed bump with their story being watching Cersei spiral downward after finally getting the power she sacrificed everything for, only to be powerless to actually do anything with it.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I hope its the dragon horn. A dragon needs to die this season.

They haven't mentioned the dragon horn stuff at all in the show, and that always seemed like total faggotry to me. Dragons aren't dumb animals, they follow who they want to follow for reasons. It also seems very "lol u thought she'd win fgt" to just have one of them suddenly switch sides. I think it's going to play out exactly like we always thought it'd play out.

1. Daenerys is going to wtfpwn the Lannisters and the Tyrells and whoever else and take control of the iron throne.
  2. The Starks and the North fight a desperate action against the undead.
  3. Daenerys comes north to unify her kingdom and saves the day vs the undead with the fire part of the song of ice and fire.
  4. Daenerys through Bran realizes that Jon is her... nephew?
  5. Marries Jon to keep the Targ line.
  6. End
I'd be really surprised if this works out any way other than that basic outline.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Was the reanimation of Gregor not less magic and more alchemy / pseudo medicine?

Personally, I wanna see the damn dragon horn and valerian steel armor. And Victarion, but whatever that's not happening. Shit, should I have spoilered that part?

It was intentionally not explained. Presume a combination of alchemy and magic or some shit. Magic in the GRRM is weird and unpredictable by design. Which is why so many don't believe in it and those that do are reluctant to use it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still waiting for jaime's redemption arc to happen. I figured after tommen he was gonna flip his shit and choke a bitch. But he's still acting like a lapdog this season , so disappointing. I still think in the end tho Jamie is going to be the one killling cersei

Tenks

They haven't mentioned the dragon horn stuff at all in the show, and that always seemed like total faggotry to me. Dragons aren't dumb animals, they follow who they want to follow for reasons. It also seems very "lol u thought she'd win fgt" to just have one of them suddenly switch sides. I think it's going to play out exactly like we always thought it'd play out.

1. Daenerys is going to wtfpwn the Lannisters and the Tyrells and whoever else and take control of the iron throne.
  3. Daenerys comes north to unify her kingdom and saves the day vs the undead with the fire part of the song of ice and fire.
  6. End
I'd be really surprised if this works out any way other than that basic outline.

The show is pretty unpredictable, though. That playout seems too obvious and if that is how it plays out that is pretty unsatisfying. Plus I think Dany and Jon are too much the hero characters to then ride off into the sunset incest style. I'm pretty sure an army of 15 year old tween girls would absolutely lose their shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Still waiting for jaime's redemption arc to happen. I figured after tommen he was gonna flip his shit and choke a bitch. But he's still acting like a lapdog this season , so disappointing. I still think in the end tho Jamie is going to be the one killling cersei
I think that scene is the beginning of the end for his love of his sister, though. He was, "The fuck is wrong with you, bitch?" during their entire conversation.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The show is pretty unpredictable, though. That playout seems too obvious and if that is how it plays out that is pretty unsatisfying. Plus I think Dany and Jon are too much the hero characters to then ride off into the sunset incest style. I'm pretty sure an army of 15 year old tween girls would absolutely lose their shit.

I'd say the show used to be unpredictable. It's more or less stalled the last 3 seasons and nothing much has happened IMO.

But I don't see any other way of this working out; with the plot lines they've developed, the dragons are not defeatable in battle. They don't have any technology now that they didn't also have 300 years ago, and they got totally smoked by like 3000 guys and 3 dragons. Also, the undead are probably not stoppable by conventional means, they showed that at hardhome. The eventual battle is going to be dragons and lord of light vs. night king, which makes the rest of the political maneuvering (which was what was interesting about the show) kinda pointless since the dragons will wtfpwn everything.

I know we can say it's unpredictable but without just throwing in some magic shit that changes everything (which would be gay), how else does it play out?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

6. End

I really think the Dragon Horn or the use of the Night King's or Brann's warging has to be used as a threat against the Dragons. What are the White Walkers going to do against creatures that breath fire and fly? Aegon Targaryen took over the Seven Kingdoms with 3 dragons and a modest Army and Westeros wasn't even in shambles then.

Now Westeros is in shambles, there is no united front against Dany and Dany has 10x the army her ancestor did. For some reason they want to keep Cersei relevant but Euron and her are going to cause some shenanigns before Dany crushes her.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Regards to horns, what ever became of the one Sam found? Or did he even find one in the show, I forgot

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Regards to horns, what ever became of the one Sam found? Or did he even find one in the show, I forgot

He found one and it did show that he found it but that was it. Doesn't mean that they won't find it in Gendry's boat if they need to.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Confirmed stupid fucking scene. First you need dragon glass to hurt them which is limited. Teaching children, weak men and women to fight is a waste of time. You need people to support the people fighting, taking care of the wounded and to feed the soldiers. We later had a scene acknowledging this very fact by Jamie Lannister talking about being able to feed and support troops during winter. So not only is this line of thinking confirmed in this fantasy but it is brought up in the same episode.

North better equipped at supported people during Winter, this has been beat into our heads since forever, Jon even mentions it to Sansa when they're walking the wall and he kind of laughs at the idea of a Southern army doing jack shit when winter arrives.

Also, did you miss the part where Sam finds the shit about Dragonstone having a mountain of dragon glass and sends word to Jon about it? Obviously partial plot device for Jon to go meet Dany, but also big enough supply to outfit everyone, no?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They haven't mentioned the dragon horn stuff at all in the show, and that always seemed like total faggotry to me. Dragons aren't dumb animals, they follow who they want to follow for reasons. It also seems very "lol u thought she'd win fgt" to just have one of them suddenly switch sides.
Yeah, it is all in the execution of the scene though. Imagine Daenerys and her army sprawled out upon the battlefield. Imagine the dragons flying above, then Euron gets out the horn starts blowing on it and the dragons start acting erratically. They are more in a a state of confusion and distress than "mind-controlled". They react by randomly spewing fire over the top of their own armies melting their troops. The Lannister's and Greyjoy's capitalize on this state of confusion by hitting them with a flanking maneuver and do serious damage.