GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought it was implied that The Mountain was largely unkillable via normal means when the faith militant dude hit him in the chest with the 4 prong ice pick thing and The Mountain just looked at him and tore his fucking head off.

you mean the metal breastplate?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure if Reddit theories count as spoiler material but better safe than sorry...

Apparently Ser Friendzone will be cured by Dragonglass at some point if you go off the snippet of text from the book Sam was reading - [MAIN SPOILERS] Text of Sam's book mentions ingesting dragon glass as possible cure? • r/gameofthrones

That would be pretty dumb. At this point Dragonglass feels like a late night infomercial. It kills wights! BUT WAIT! There's more! It can also cure your greyscale and give you a lasting erection!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I feel like Jorah is heading for a noble sacrificial death to save someone (Dany? Sam?). I really doubt he'll be cured and/or survive.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
She's taking lives for her own personal grudges, though. That isn't really the way the faceless have been set up.
Maybe that's how you truly become a "Faceless Man?" You have to settle whatever personal shit you had going on, then you can become one. It'd be an unwritten step that you figure out yourself.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe that's how you truly become a "Faceless Man?" You have to settle whatever personal shit you had going on, then you can become one. It'd be an unwritten step that you figure out yourself.

Yeah I've been thinking along the same lines, but the problem is that this is probably us falling into the same trap of thinking there was some kind of twist coming out of the resolution of the faceless men story as opposed to just horrifically terrible writing.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Has this been posted? Watched it a few months ago and it's an 11 minute vid that outlines a theory on how the show will end. I've watched a good number of these types of videos and this is my #1 at the moment.

I like this theory. Supports Mels vision in ADWD. Something about seeing a thousand wolf faces and wondering if he is the enemy. Forget the exact paragraph it's something along those lines. Might have to go dig my book out now.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Did it penetrate or did his armor stop it? I legitimately don't remember. If it penetrated and he shrugged it off, then yea...

you mean the metal breastplate?

The spikes looked longer / deeper than the BP. IDK

the-mountain-rips-a-guys-head-off.gif

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I hang out in IRC with some people that I have been hanging out since like 1998.

I have a few being a pain in the dick about spoilers, they are the only two without a job yet wanting us to take any discussion to a different channel because the 9-5 job people might not have seen it yet.

We have all seen it and are talking about it ... you two piece of shit low lifes haven't for some reason that isn't my problem. One happens to be a tranny but I digress. They are a married couple also. Fuck them bitches.

Do we have a Discord/IRC channel without Sean yet?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If that's the case Maesters don't do much good for curing that shit even though they had this book sitting in their library the whole damn time.

The shot of the book he was reading doesn't allow you to read the whole page but the gist of the part in question just says that there are rumors from other lands that dragonglass is a cure for something, you can't see what. Then it mentions some great work on illness and disease, little harm from ingesting, but ends up suggesting that more practical treatments are more worthwhile anyway. So it's not like they know it to be some sort of proven cure. And the book he was reading is not generally accessible. He sneaked it out of the restricted area of the library.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty sure Mountain is killable, he just doesn't feel pain, is armored to hell, and strong as a fucking elephant. I think that scene was to show all of this. Obviously the armor stops the spikes a little, but they definitely go into him and he's unphased. Then he predators that motherfucker. Basically to kill him you're going to need to start taking limbs off a la Black Knight or just put enough holes in him whatever's still working in there stops working. Basically Hound is going to set him on fire inside his suit probably. And then hacksaw his shit off while he burns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I must've been drunk through half of last season. I barely remember any of it.

I need to rewatch the whole thing in it's entirety for precisely this issue. I bet a quarter of the episodes would essentially be like watching them for the first time.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess anything is possible but there's no evidence that he can't be killed so far. Would seem like they'd want to make that point (such as the hot egg scene to show Dany is immune to heat/fire.)

I expect he can be killed like any zombie, but not with a stab to a vital organ with a sharp, slim needle. It will take a lot of brute force to dismember him in that full plate armor, and that's just something Arya doesn't have.

Sandor, on the other hand...

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I expect he can be killed like any zombie, but not with a stab to a vital organ with a sharp, slim needle. It will take a lot of brute force to dismember him in that full plate armor, and that's just something Arya doesn't have.

They just need another cameo to get the job done:

walking-dead-carl.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Book version doesn't even have a head. It won't be easy to kill it lol.