GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Attempting to kill the mountain is probably what's going to fuck her. I don't think he's killable by normal means and she might not realize that as she sets her trap.

Isn't he just a raised person like Lady Stoneheart/Beric? They're both killable, Beric has been killed many times.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't he just a raised person like Lady Stoneheart/Beric? They're both killable, Beric has been killed many times.
He was brought back via alchemy by someone who was kicked out of the Master guild (Qyburn is seen sticking IVs into the corpse). Seems to function by different mechanics than people brought back by prayers to the Lord of Light.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Always thought the Mountain would need to be burned. I.e. the hound overcomes his fear to win cleganebowl

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

If we're nerding out here. While the Mountain is raised from the dead it was not done so in the same manner as Beric/Lady Stoneheart.

Beric was raised by the Lord of Light by Thoros. He later gives the, "breath of life" to raise Cat Stark for some unexplained reason. By comparison the Mountain was raised by some alchemical means as far as we can tell. He no longer shits, eats or sleeps and is basically a super wight that can take commands.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
He was brought back via alchemy by someone who was kicked out of the Master guild (Qyburn is seen sticking IVs into the corpse). Seems to function by different mechanics than people brought back by prayers to the Lord of Light.

I guess anything is possible but there's no evidence that he can't be killed so far. Would seem like they'd want to make that point (such as the hot egg scene to show Dany is immune to heat/fire.)

Always thought the Mountain would need to be burned. I.e. the hound overcomes his fear to win cleganebowl

I think we like these cute wrap ups to things a lot more than the writers do. Mountain will probably get kicked by a horse or something mundane.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's no real continuity between the magic seen in the world in GoT. This is intentional as all magic is supposed to be bizarre and unpredictable to the point of not being used or trusted by most people. That being said the Lord of Light's shadowmagic, Greensight (Bran), and Ice Magic are all distinctly different in flavor.

There's no evidence that the Mountain would just burn like the ice zombies do. His biggest threat is that UnMountain is bigger than the Mountain was and wears even MORE, heavier armor than he did while alive. As he cannot succumb to fatigue. The book mentions the breastplate taking 2 blacksmiths just to carry it alone or something along those lines.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if Reddit theories count as spoiler material but better safe than sorry...

Apparently Ser Friendzone will be cured by Dragonglass at some point if you go off the snippet of text from the book Sam was reading - [MAIN SPOILERS] Text of Sam's book mentions ingesting dragon glass as possible cure? • r/gameofthrones

If that's the case Maesters don't do much good for curing that shit even though they had this book sitting in their library the whole damn time.

• 1Worf

Ladro

Anomaly
If that's the case Maesters don't do much good for curing that shit even though they had this book sitting in their library the whole damn time.
Who's to say they actually do anything with that knowledge? Sounds like they just collect it and keep it from those they deem not worthy. Took Sam all of 5 minutes of Mission Impossible time to get some answers.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I thought it was implied that The Mountain was largely unkillable via normal means when the faith militant dude hit him in the chest with the 4 prong ice pick thing and The Mountain just looked at him and tore his fucking head off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Who's to say they actually do anything with that knowledge? Sounds like they just collect it and keep it from those they deem not worthy. Took Sam all of 5 minutes of Mission Impossible time to get some answers.

then why even bother to lock them up like animals?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was implied that The Mountain was largely unkillable via normal means when the faith militant dude hit him in the chest with the 4 prong ice pick thing and The Mountain just looked at him and tore his fucking head off.

Did it penetrate or did his armor stop it? I legitimately don't remember. If it penetrated and he shrugged it off, then yea...