GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So you're complaing that nothing came from Jaime charging the dragon and falling into the water? You're complaining about shit that you haven't even seen yet? Maybe he was suicidal? Maybe him and Bronn will have a nice chat about "throwing your life away for some twat" or something to that effect.

Also, Tarly fucked off BEFORE all this shit happened. They even have a shot of him fucking off to help get wagons across the Blackwater. You're mad he didn't just come back?

For the record, Cersei didn't know that...hence the whole Skull demonstration below the Red Keep. Again, Dramatic Irony. I get that you and others here would have this whole Game of Thrones wrapped up in a month or so if you ran one of these fantasy houses in a fantasy show...

If the only thing to come out of an entire one hour episode is that one main character may or may not be dead, that's a pretty fucking weak episode. The dragon charge was out of character for the newer Jaime and especially out of character if you consider his contemplation atop the horse in the middle of battle as "character development", and the entire scene there was forced upon us because of the previous incredibly cheesy scene with the ballista which again, was B or C tier action movie bad. The demonstration to Cersei below the keep is why the ballista is relevant and around in the first place. It doesn't show anyone anything that isn't already known, it took deus ex machina of avoiding being burned and avoiding getting any kind of attention and so on and so forth to even take 2 shots to even wound the dragon which was already established by everyone involved (but especially the most important people, the audience) to be not only possible but pretty fucking easy. If anything the ballista made the dragon look tougher than it had previously but that's giving too much credit to a hamfisted scene.

Maybe I'm misremembering the scene transitions but didn't Tarly just ride off screen seconds before Bronn and Jaime noticed the approaching army? Did Tarly and co. really just cheese it? It would have been nice to see him seeing what was going on and being like "yea fuck that" and keep going but by all appearances he was literally just forgotten about. Perhaps this is another victim of the fuzzy timeline the show has adopted so I can't say I'm particularly upset about it, but showing more of what was going on around the battle was an example of what would have been better than the contrived ballista nonsense.

I don't really give that much of a crap about the timeline / scale mess because I have no concept of the locations and map myself anymore since I read book 5 right after it came out and that was the last time I glanced at the map at all. I'm also really hoping this episode is not a sign of what's to come with the interactions and development or resolution of the characters and plot because the show has done much much better.

Oldbased

> Than U
If the only thing to come out of an entire one hour episode is that one main character may or may not be dead, that's a pretty fucking weak episode. The dragon charge was out of character for the newer Jaime and especially out of character if you consider his contemplation atop the horse in the middle of battle as "character development", and the entire scene there was forced upon us because of the previous incredibly cheesy scene with the ballista which again, was B or C tier action movie bad. The demonstration to Cersei below the keep is why the ballista is relevant and around in the first place. It doesn't show anyone anything that isn't already known, it took deus ex machina of avoiding being burned and avoiding getting any kind of attention and so on and so forth to even take 2 shots to even wound the dragon which was already established by everyone involved (but especially the most important people, the audience) to be not only possible but pretty fucking easy. If anything the ballista made the dragon look tougher than it had previously but that's giving too much credit to a hamfisted scene.

Maybe I'm misremembering the scene transitions but didn't Tarly just ride off screen seconds before Bronn and Jaime noticed the approaching army? Did Tarly and co. really just cheese it? It would have been nice to see him seeing what was going on and being like "yea fuck that" and keep going but by all appearances he was literally just forgotten about. Perhaps this is another victim of the fuzzy timeline the show has adopted so I can't say I'm particularly upset about it, but showing more of what was going on around the battle was an example of what would have been better than the contrived ballista nonsense.

I don't really give that much of a crap about the timeline / scale mess because I have no concept of the locations and map myself anymore since I read book 5 right after it came out and that was the last time I glanced at the map at all. I'm also really hoping this episode is not a sign of what's to come with the interactions and development or resolution of the characters and plot because the show has done much much better.
Tarly was the one giving the orders to form a line, shields and spears, and spears down once they were within a few hundred feet.

raaa.png

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I liked Jaime's charge into the dragon. It made sense.

This is the army his father built and he has been leading it for a while. You can see on his face the pain of watching his soldiers die.

Jaime is not a pussy in battle, even Euron Greyjoy wanted to suck his suck, when he was describing watching Jaime's charge into battle.

They wrote him to be a loyal/caring badass commander in that battle and he behaved like one.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

who is this idiot?

Jaime charging Daenerys (not the dragon) made perfect sense, he could kill the Targaryen girl right there and then and he ALMOST did, if she dies, the dragon advantage is entirely nullified and lannisters can win the war for the 7 kingdoms.

the ballista was good shit too

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tarly was the one giving the orders to form a line, shields and spears, and spears down once they were within a few hundred feet.

Yeah and then as soon as the camera panned away he tore ass out of there like any sane person would do when ambushed by a dragon in the open field.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

and Jaime knows that Jon is a targaryen or that the last name Targaryen automatically imbues you with dragon riding powers?

you should shove your head up a dragon's asshole

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, Jaime's charge made total sense. He faced death or imprisonment and he saw a chance to make the most important kill possible. Even if it was a low percentage gamble, it was still worth the attempt.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

kudos

<Banned>
I love how easy people in this thread become angry neckbeards. Some of you fit the stereotype so well with your angry nerd posts. It's great.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

kudos

<Banned>
You mean when you made stupid statements? Didn't even realize you were the same poster until you brought it up. Keep being a mad retard
If anyone reading your posts yesterday and saying you're either 1) a moron or 2) a conspiracy nutjob is how you decide I made stupid statements in our argument then I guess you're right.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
If anyone reading your posts yesterday and saying you're either 1) a moron or 2) a conspiracy nutjob is how you decide I made stupid statements in our argument then I guess you're right.
I see you have zero reading comprehension too. Never did I say currently NK poses an immediate threat but if intel were to suggest so...of fuck it, you are too stupid to realize a character isn't omnicient in a story. Not going to bother

kudos

<Banned>
I see you have zero reading comprehension too. Never did I say currently NK poses an immediate threat but if intel were to suggest so...of fuck it, you are too stupid to realize a character isn't omnicient in a story. Not going to bother
LOL just threw in the towel at the first post. AHAHA