GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
Thats fine, but I see making contrived bad decisions in order to create drama as bad writing. The drama should be created by the circumstances and the careful story you wove, not by forcing your characters into boneheaded mistakes for dumb fucking reasons.
Well, to be fair, the source material is a hot jumbled rambling mess.

Gurrm would have just killed someone and introduced five new characters.

So. Its better than that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Ahh so you align with the king of the north
It's nothing to brag about. We got like 50 people to man the wall and while Westeros has like 40 million people, apparently there is only like 3000 in the north. It sure is cold up here. Do you have any bread?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's nothing to brag about. We got like 50 people to man the wall and while Westeros has like 40 million people, apparently there is only like 3000 in the north. It sure is cold up here. Do you have any bread?
Only toast now

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even if Grrm had more than ten years to live, he expanded this story so wide, he wouldnt finish it even if he lived to be 100.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was listening to the Ringer pod and Concepcion brought up a great point about Davos and how his wife and family are just a stone's throw away from Dragonstone and he could....just go home.

He used to talk about his wife and children quite a bit, I know one of his older sons got roasted by wildfire but it is pretty funny when you consider his odd character arc. Like loyal as fuck to Stannis , Stan the Man burns his daughter and dies like a bitch, says fuck it and re-devotes his life to a man who was also recently murdered.

Takes part in his resurrection and abandons his old life altogether in order to serve his new messiah. He is like an apostle now I guess, I don't quite understand his motivation besides him secretly being a badass and actually hates his fat wife's bitching and is sick of his onion smelling shitlord house and would rather get into really compromising situations on other men's behalf instead.

• 1Worf

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
You guys set the bar for TV higher than I can reach. I think this show is incredible, and the last episode in particular was jaw dropping. The only time I felt the show wasn't really high quality that I can remember was the Sand Snakes vs. Jaime and Bronn fight scene.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I actually love Davos and I'm glad he is still on the show I just thought that was a funny little caveat that he could just go home but insists on serving other dudes with great fervor.

I'm one of the ones who actually gives this show the respect it deserves but I can shitpost with the best of them.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Davos cant just skate to go see the family now. he is in service to his king. its not something he can just take off for a week. and he certainly cant do it when he is needed for parlay, like what he is doing right now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
4IDqeMX.jpg

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He used to talk about his wife and children quite a bit, I know one of his older sons got roasted by wildfire but it is pretty funny when you consider his odd character arc. Like loyal as fuck to Stannis , Stan the Man burns his daughter and dies like a bitch, says fuck it and re-devotes his life to a man who was also recently murdered.

Takes part in his resurrection and abandons his old life altogether in order to serve his new messiah. He is like an apostle now I guess, I don't quite understand his motivation besides him secretly being a badass and actually hates his fat wife's bitching and is sick of his onion smelling shitlord house and would rather get into really compromising situations on other men's behalf instead.

He obviously wants a taste of that chocolate from Naath. He acts like he just downed a fistful of happy pills every time Missandei is around.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I gave an example of what I think is "lazy" writing a few pages ago. Lazy is a pretty loaded term though, you could also characterize it as straightforward, uncreative, rushed, or whatever. I think it is pretty characteristic of how things are now with the story and writing, very simple and rushed, which is in conflict with not only the first seasons (books) but also causes them to miss things like already completed character arcs.

The business with Euron and Tyrion is a good example of this. A few people have said that Tyrion isn't a good strategist (military or otherwise), but this is complete nonsense. Not only has it been established, but it was a large part of his major character arc through the first 2 seasons which culminated with him winning the Battle of the Blackwater. We follow Tyrion along as he goes from being a drunken whoring fuck up in everyone's eyes, including his own, to being an excellent politician, ruler, and general as he seeks the approval of his father.

This character arc completes when he realizes that he isn't just a drunken whoring fuck up unworthy of his name, but is actually fit to be called a Lannister especially after earning this new station through demonstrable actions. Now, this arc ends on a sour note when his primary motivation, winning the approval of his father, doesn't pan out like he had hoped. This sets up a new arc and plot line the brings him into conflict with his father in a new way, but that isn't important to my point. The point is that while Tyrion didn't win the approval of Tywin, he won the approval of the audience.

This brings us to the reason people hate that part of the Euron plot line so much even if they don't quite know why. Tyrion proving himself to be an excellent strategist and general was the final and keystone piece of the 2 season long arc of the character who is arguably the most important and beloved in the entire show. So when this extremely important element of the character is either violated or, as I think the case is here, just kind of offhandedly ignored it really rubs people the wrong way on a deep level. They then lash out and start nitpicking things they might otherwise have just let go because the writers have fundamentally violated their suspension of disbelief and now instead of being sucked into what is going on they start questioning and noticing all the little things they might not have otherwise.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was it good strategy to use wildfire on enemies or just "well duh"? if thats the whole basisis for a good general, then color me unimpressed. tyrion fucks up. he isnt a total fuckup, but i would not have him in charge of my armies as has been shown this season.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I gave an example of what I think is "lazy" writing a few pages ago. Lazy is a pretty loaded term though, you could also characterize it as straightforward, uncreative, rushed, or whatever. I think it is pretty characteristic of how things are now with the story and writing, very simple and rushed, which is in conflict with not only the first seasons (books) but also causes them to miss things like already completed character arcs.

The business with Euron and Tyrion is a good example of this. A few people have said that Tyrion isn't a good strategist (military or otherwise), but this is complete nonsense. Not only has it been established, but it was a large part of his major character arc through the first 2 seasons which culminated with him winning the Battle of the Blackwater. We follow Tyrion along as he goes from being a drunken whoring fuck up in everyone's eyes, including his own, to being an excellent politician, ruler, and general as he seeks the approval of his father.

This character arc completes when he realizes that he isn't just a drunken whoring fuck up unworthy of his name, but is actually fit to be called a Lannister especially after earning this new station through demonstrable actions. Now, this arc ends on a sour note when his primary motivation, winning the approval of his father, doesn't pan out like he had hoped. This sets up a new arc and plot line the brings him into conflict with his father in a new way, but that isn't important to my point. The point is that while Tyrion didn't win the approval of Tywin, he won the approval of the audience.

This brings us to the reason people hate that part of the Euron plot line so much even if they don't quite know why. Tyrion proving himself to be an excellent strategist and general was the final and keystone piece of the 2 season long arc of the character who is arguably the most important and beloved in the entire show. So when this extremely important element of the character is either violated or, as I think the case is here, just kind of offhandedly ignored it really rubs people the wrong way on a deep level. They then lash out and start nitpicking things they might otherwise have just let go because the writers have fundamentally violated their suspension of disbelief and now instead of being sucked into what is going on they start questioning and noticing all the little things they might not have otherwise.
this doesn't make any sense. Tyrion been a fan favorite since first episode and the majority of people are big Euron fans.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys set the bar for TV higher than I can reach. I think this show is incredible, and the last episode in particular was jaw dropping. The only time I felt the show wasn't really high quality that I can remember was the Sand Snakes vs. Jaime and Bronn fight scene.
I don't read this thread anymore but just came here to say basically what you did, last episode was amazing.

The scene with Jamie riding charging on his horse and Bronn bewildered in the battle was perfect.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users